Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Toyota Yaris

• 15-05-2021 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭ billyhead

Have a budget of 4,500. I'm looking for a small run around with mileage of 5,000km a year. I was thinking of a 2009 or 2010 Yaris and buying privately. Any advice or feedback on the 1 litre car. I will be driving on the motorway once a week of a round trip of 50km. Also in terms of bargaining if a car for example is for sale for 5000. Do you think I could get it for 4,500. I know how long is a price of string and all that. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,683 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112

Kia Rio, honda jazz, ford Ka or fiesta, Hyundai i10 or i20, Renault Clio, Skoda fabia, etc.... I'd have a look at these too, may get some higher spec or more up the years too compared to Yaris.

If you see a car you like best bet is ring, see are they negotiable, tend not to discuss exact price on phone most won't entertain that, if unsure bring someone that knows their cars, do history check before you throw over the cash and take photos of the VLC before sending it off which the seller does, best thing with this is bring an envelope, have the address in Shannon on it and write free post on it, it doesn't require a stamp.

Throw up a few cars you see, we can help as best as possible to go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 50,130 ✭✭✭✭ bazz26

That's a lot of money to be paying for a 11 or 12 year old Yaris. I also don't think the Mk2 Yaris (2006 to 2012) was a particularly great car. They were cheaply made and the 1.0 litre 3 cylinder engine sounds like a bag of spanners.

I'd have a look at something like a Hyundai i20:

ZjYxMGY5NGQyZTM2MmRlODI2MmQ3Y2M5OTkwNWFlMzXBq4wrKF3fwr-K8d4b3UzKaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNzgzMjE1OTN8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-i20-2012-deluxe-1-2/27932167

Advertisement