Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Waterless wash systems, do they work?

Options
  • 15-05-2021 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭

I've never tried them and can't get my head around how they can't be terrible for paintwork.

If 2BW is the go-to technique to avoid marring, I can't imagine how spraying waterless products on a Irish Winter dirty car and dragging the dirt off with a Microfiber can't but trash the paintwork.

Maybe on a very lightly dirty car where there is no access to water.

Would be interested to hear the opinions of anyone has used them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

I've never tried them and can't get my head around how they can't be terrible for paintwork.

If 2BW is the go-to technique to avoid marring, I can't imagine how spraying waterless products on a Irish Winter dirty car and dragging the dirt off with a Microfiber can't but trash the paintwork.

Maybe on a very lightly dirty car where there is no access to water.

Would be interested to hear the opinions of anyone has used them?

I've tried them out before, they work for very very light dust on the car, but any kind of soiling or real dirty on the car I found they do more damage than good, even with the best microfiber it'll still inflict micro scratches in the paint if used to clean daily dirt off the car, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone that cares about their paintwork. The only thing they'd be good for is cleaning the dust that static attracts shortly after you've given the car a good polish and paintwork is clean and smooth. Other than that, avoid

Advertisement