Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SuperBad: The Late Late Show - Friday 14th May 2021

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

What the f is it with RTÉ, after a working week we sit down to enjoy Ireland’s “highlight” entertainment show only to see the ballymurphy relatives. I’m out, I have enough misery in my life. Goodnight

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Normal One

Tubridy is way out of his comfort zone here (I say pretty much the same thing every week), and I don’t mean that in a disparaging way. He’s fine in a light entertainment setting like his pre-Late Late show Saturday night gig but he just isn’t suited to anything serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is just awful for these people.

All war brings is a needless waste of life and long term suffering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,463 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

corkonion wrote: »
    What the f is it with RTÉ, after a working week we sit down to enjoy Ireland’s “highlight” entertainment show only to see the ballymurphy relatives. I’m out, I have enough misery in my life. Goodnight

It should have been a Prime Time special during the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Much as I don't like Ryan.. his knowledge of this stuff seems legit enough

RTE were complicit in hushing people at the time of these killings

He'll never draw attention to that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

My two favourite Welsh people.

Welshmegaman and Kenneth Griffith.

https://youtu.be/jwNJ3aFZg44 11 sec in

Loosely connected to the Irish struggle!

Great shout

I had that 'Hang Out Your Brightest Colours on a Video taped off BBC Wales for years (before it was banned). Brilliant documentary.

Welshie is also a legend, obviously.

Hope he makes a State Visit here soon

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

RobertKK wrote: »
    This is just awful for these people.

All war brings is a needless waste of life and long term suffering.

All the British brought was war and misery everywhere they landed around the world. Their army are a bunch of murdering scumbags who have caused havoc on this island for centuries. And they didn’t even win WW2. The Yanks and Russians saved our asses on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,753 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Now I will watch Alan Partridge...at this time one needs some down time not downer time before bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

Skid X wrote: »
    Great shout

I had that 'Hang Out Your Brightest Colours on a Video taped off BBC Wales for years (before it was banned). Brilliant documentary.

It is brilliant. I only came upon it in 2009.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,276 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Skid X wrote: »
    Great shout

Aw schucks :o:)

The Irish Government will have to get College Green cleared for my speech :cool:

Till next week, folks!

Stay safe, Nos da :)

I can't post tonight.

I'm as old as this campaign for justice- but I need to internalise it all.

I was aware of the campaign but the evidence has put so much into perspective.

It's horrible.

I hate the IRA.

I hate the UVF.

I hate violence.

I hate institutionalised violence.

I hate hatred based on 100's of years of whatever- get over yourselves- it's the 21st century, you pr1cks!

The NI "situation" makes no sense to me- it makes less, this evening, and as a result of the report this week.

I dunno what to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Normal One wrote: »
    Tubridy is way out of his comfort zone here (I say pretty much the same thing every week), and I don’t mean that in a disparaging way. He’s fine in a light entertainment setting like his pre-Late Late show Saturday night gig but he just isn’t suited to anything serious.

He is well out of his depth. In his closing remarks he said to one of the women that he hopes "they get a little bit of justice". Given that their loved ones were shot dead in cold blood by the British Army who then covered it up for 50 years that was a very patronising thing to say considering what they have been through. Tuba said it like he was asking for a little bit of caramel syrup on his latte, he is absolutely tone deaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

The man is sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

That lady's story of asking the British soldiers had her father been arrested for them to reply arresting? We only did killing. Then they started singing Where's your poppa as she turned around and walked away. That's a level of sickness beyond comprehension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The fridge ceiling magnet, storage thing has got to be one of the most stupid inventions I have ever seen. It’s up there with Homer’s electric hammer and everything ok alarm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

This is shocking from Niamh Kavanagh. I would have preferred the original roide sally roide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭saabsaab

Tyrone212 wrote: »
    That lady's story of asking the British soldiers had her father been arrested for them to reply arresting? We only did killing. Then they started singing Where's your poppa as she turned around and walked away. That's a level of sickness beyond comprehension.

One of the Officers replied when asked about shooting a priest replied that it was 'Good press'!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

jmlad2020 wrote: »
    Seth smokes 10 joints a day I heard. He is definitely high here.

I think that sounds about right. I read an interview with Rogen recently where he said that he gets up and first thing has coffee and a joint. He then said he smokes it “throughout the day”. I actually thought he had a child and I was not impressed. I’d feel the same about alcohol too. I thought “Jeez, he wouldn’t have his wits about him at all if his kid had an accident or something!”. But I was wrong, he doesn’t have a kid so I guess the constant toking is... okay?

I can't post tonight.

I'm as old as this campaign for justice- but I need to internalise it all.

I was aware of the campaign but the evidence has put so much into perspective.

It's horrible.

I hate the IRA.

I hate the UVF.

I hate violence.

I hate institutionalised violence.

I hate hatred based on 100's of years of whatever- get over yourselves- it's the 21st century, you pr1cks!

The NI "situation" makes no sense to me- it makes less, this evening, and as a result of the report this week.

I dunno what to say.

So I got some time to think about all of this.

I grew up in the Republic of Ireland- the IRA we’re known as a terrorist organisation - and rightfully most right thinking people in the Republic didn’t condone that violence as the troubles progressed- and while I still don’t condone any violence my God, after Bloody Sunday and this, if you were Catholic and living in NI at that time, how you must have felt how your government and security forces grossly failed you- without rights- without anyone coming to your aid- it’s no wonder the IRA took a hold.

And now the DUP have a leader who advocates that the world is about 8000 years old, just around the time “God” created it- it’s no wonder we’re going to see further trouble up there. All very convenient to push an evangelical agenda of thought suppression- he makes me sick

Advertisement