Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Mechanic question

• 13-05-2021 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ ballyharpat

Sorry if I’m in the wrong place, I’m on the phone and can’t find the mechanic thread-

I have a cannondale topstone 0 (aluminium), it currently has a grx crank with a 1.37 x24 threaded bottom bracket- I’m looking for a powermeter, and this one came up- Sram gxp shaft, 24mm on drive side, 22mm on non drive side, carbon cranks, 130 bcd.- would I be able to get a bottom bracket to fit ?
    Tia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭ bikedude

You probably will need to buy a matching Sram bottom bracket to fit the cranks. I am almost sure they will have the option available to fit the treaded bottom bracket on the bike. https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/bb-gxp-a1

Or you can change the left arm on the GRX and get something like that

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Stages-Cycling/G3-Power-L-Shimano-GRX-RX810-Power-Meter/PDAX

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭ nilhg

Sorry if I’m in the wrong place, I’m on the phone and can’t find the mechanic thread-

I have a cannondale topstone 0 (aluminium), it currently has a grx crank with a 1.37 x24 threaded bottom bracket- I’m looking for a powermeter, and this one came up- Sram gxp shaft, 24mm on drive side, 22mm on non drive side, carbon cranks, 130 bcd.- would I be able to get a bottom bracket to fit ?
    Tia

With 130mm BCD you won't be able to fit chainrings to give you anything like the gearing you currently have, probably be stuck with 53/39 up front.

I'm only after laying my hands on a Topstone, crank based PM looks the way to go.

Advertisement