Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing MHRV unit

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Thanks everyone - I went up to clean the filters out and powered the unit down. I powered back on and was able to figure out how to go into commissioning mode and adjusted the fans down.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭smax71

I have a PA600L1 from circa 2014. One fan failed last year and proair replaced both when unit opened up as the guy said he heard a clicking sound which he said meant it was on way out. Unit seems to be working better since as humidity levels are now lower so gradually lowering fan speed until humidity reaches approx 50%. Agree a bit of an outdated model, requiring manual intervention to adjust everything. I dont mind the manual boost but unfortunately, despite frequent reminders, the rest of my household ignore them for the most part resulting in condensation after showers. Also the lack of a summer bypass is a significant disadvantage especially at night during the summer. Kind of defeats the enhanced air quality and traffic noise reduction benefits of the unit when you have to open windows to reduce heat. However I'm stuck with it now for a number of more years unless something else substantial goes wrong in the meantime

• Registered Users Posts: 12 FarmingApps

Update…two years later.

Original cause of failure was both fans died. Possibly due to failing rural esb transformer. No response from Supplier at the time. Unit was there since 2009. House is airtight and triple glazed, highly insulated and A rated.

Installed a vent axia sentinel high flow a few weeks after original post and forgot about the thread.

very happy with the unit. Far superior to the original proair box.

Summer bypass and night mode are great.

far easier to set up and individual fan speed control helps with balancing.

high air flow capacity means fans only run at 50% for the boost and 30-35% for normal and less in night mode so not working too hard or sounding too loud.

if i was building another house I would not place the unit in the attic though. I think I’d have a plant room with all the , MHRV, ufh manifolds , pressure vessels and buffer tanks and all the associated pumps and pipe work easily accessible. Then leave space for a battery bank and solar pv hardware which Id like to have at some stage.

Top tip: filters are cheap from fairair.eu in the Netherlands.

Advertisement