Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Job offer, bonus? OTE?

• 12-05-2021 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ Itainire

Hello! I hope this is the right thread and doesn't break any rules. I got a job offer as follow:

Salary is 24k basic plus €500 bonus per month
    OTE for year 2 are approx. 35k and this is achieved comfortably
    4 x Life Assurance
    Contributary Pension after probation (3%)
    Laya Healthcare after probation

All of this, really confuses me tbh! In jobs I had in the past I had none of this, just a weekly payslip no bosues no healthcare no pension etc.
    Are the 500euro bonus a guaranteed thing per month? 4 X Life assurance what does that 4 stands for? Is the contributary pension paid by them not by my 24k right??
    Sorry I am very bad with these and I don't feel comfortable asking them and talking too much about money with the possible employers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 mrscoco30

I'd imagine you would have some target to reach each month to get your bonus?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭ Smee_Again

The bonus will be based on targets related to the job.

Life assurance is paid if you die at 4 x annual salary, probably excluding bonus.

Pension will be on top of your basic but paid into a fund for when you retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭ Itainire

Smee_Again wrote: »
    The bonus will be based on targets related to the job.

Life assurance is paid if you die at 4 x annual salary, probably excluding bonus.

Pension will be on top of your basic but paid into a fund for when you retire.

Thanks a mill! So OTE and bonus refers to the same thing? Reach certain targets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭ Smee_Again

Itainire wrote: »
    Thanks a mill! So OTE and bonus refers to the same thing? Reach certain targets?

OTE is On Track Earnings, so it’s basic + bonus if expected targets are hit.

Advertisement