Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst thing that's happened to you after a night out?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

Abrakebra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Abrakebra.

You broke your bra?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

accensi0n wrote: »
    You broke your bra?
    Screenshot-99.png

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Kav_Piero

Got mugged near central bank by two scumbags off their head on cocaine about 7 years ago, knew I was in trouble as soon as they cornered me asking for a smoke, gave them everything I had in my pockets but they still still decided to dish out a beating and attempted to kick me full force in the side of the head while I was on the ground.

I will be forever grateful for the person who ran across the road and shouted “leave him alone” and definitely saved me from getting a severe head injury (They then decided to run after the person who was trying to help me).

Never felt the same going on a night out in town after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Went to the Southside Irish parade in Chicago which takes place in an Irish American neighborhood called Beverley and got hammered.

Their version of the Dart was out of commission, couldn't get a taxi so decided to start walking north to were I was living.

I walked into the middle of Englewood, probably the most notorious African American gang neighborhood at the moment in the US.

I had literally walked right into "destination fcuked".

Twice people stopped their cars to tell me, with my big Irish head, to go back.

Eventually a cop car picked me up and drove me to a 7 Eleven and got me a taxi home.

The cops were absolutely bemused at what an Irishman was doing in the middle of Englewood at 2 AM on a Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

One summer in the US, went to a Baltimore Oriels baseball game. Much vodka before & during. Friends let me sleep in car outside a guys house after, didn't want to wake me and deal with my drunkenness. Woke up not knowing where I was, wandered through nearby woods, up embankment, hitched a lift to petrol station. Phoned cops saying I'm lost, drunk, don't know where I am, please help. Had head shaved, lost my tshirt, cuts head to toe. In the meantime a house was broken into, car stolen, cop chased it, car veered off road & thieves ran into the woods.

Cops arrived, pinned it on me, played good cop, bad cop, lying to me (you have a mark on your chest that's consistent with stering wheel when you crashed, your friend is next door, he confessed, why don't you etc.). Spent a night in jail handcuffed and leg cuffed with 20+ in Baltimore. Went in front of judge next day, released on bail (originally 20k, reduced to 700), got a lawyer, tried to retrace steps & get witness that'd prove I was at the game. Eventually made a deal with prosecution- I leave the country & after a year the file is wipped clean. This was dependent on the arresting cop agreeing to this. My lawyer said you wait here, I'm talking to him, when I walk back to you if I give you a signal it means he's not agreeing to it. You can then walk away, get a flight out of the US but never come back. Thankfully he agreed.

Oh, another night I lost my phone on a night out.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Oh, another night I lost my phone on a night out.

Who cares.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,438 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I've a squeaky clean record when it comes to getting into fights on nights out, I never looked for nor found trouble thankfully. I've done some dumb self inflicted things alright such as collapsing in a heap after a Dutch Gold, Paddy Whiskey and Sheridan's Liqueur binge when I was 19.
    I also broke my hand after punching a wall in a temper. I kept playing in my head a scenario which happened earlier that day when a hated work colleague made a snide remark at me. After too much booze I drove myself crazy and punched a wall giving myself a boxer's fracture. It wasn't my smartest moment :(

You sound like Flash Gordon from Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Who cares.:D

Exactly, the phone loss was a joke.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Sleepy wrote: »
    Another interesting thing about the tech at the time was that one of the lead developers responsible for the software it was running on was totally blind: he coded on a braille keyboard. Debugging code is hard enough when you can read it, must be a bloody nightmare relying on a screen reader!

I think he retired from BOI quite recently, a year or two back maybe. Great guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Got the **** kicked out of me at a session which me and two mates had gatecrashed. Three of us against twenty others. We all got a proper bating.

Got barred from a nightclub for punching a bouncer who was trying to calm my friend down.

Broke into a football stadium with some mates.

I actually have my guard up when I'm out back home but when I'm abroad I seem to let loose which has led to...

Having a dealer pull a gun on me in Seville. I had been dicking him about so I didn't really blame him.

Ending up in a strip club run by the Russian mafia in Vienna. We'd bought smokes off a guy on the street and took us there. Gave us drinks on the house too. We got out of there fairly quickly once we copped on.

Smoking a joint on the beach in Rio watching the sunrise with a randomer who tried to sell me weed.

Thankfully, I've copped on quite a bit. The latest of those stories was 2013 and even though I've done plenty of partying, I haven't got close to a situation as dodgy as mad as any of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Eyebrows shaved when asleep in 150 Corbally, Limerick. Happened years ago.

Advertisement