Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike fit studio

Options
  • 11-05-2021 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

I just want to give some feedback about John Shortt who runs Bike fit studio. I went to John yesterday for a fit and can honestly say it was money well spent. John spent a considerable amount of time getting a previous history both medical and cycling. He is well versed in bio mechanical issues and was able to identify an issue with me and recommend treatment.
    When it came to the bike fit the equipment he uses is 1st rate ( YouTube retul bike fit )

I was with John for 3 hrs and his knowledge, patience and enthusiasm is brilliant.
    I've no connection to John and just wanted to share my experience and receiving value for money.
    Cheers
    Dub 24

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you do realise there's a thumbs down icon in the thread title?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭dub 24

What the how did I do that and how do I change it please

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

not sure how you did it, but i was able to change it.

Thanks mate gorilla thumbs doing more harm than good ��

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OnDeBanks

I went to John a few years ago. I would also recommend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Also went a few years ago and found him excellent, used the CI voucher to get €50 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Same here. Road tweaks were spot on and I left armed with what I needed to make an informed TT purchase. Plus they were in no hurry to get me out of the shop, I was there for ages

• Registered Users Posts: 16,643 ✭✭✭✭dahat

What was the full cost of the fit?

Depending on what you require ? An existing bike fit is 200 euros . Best thing to do is check the website .
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Have used John too but for a pre bike fit rather than bringing my bike to be fit on. Always just bought a small bike cos that's what lads I cycled with told me I should be on. Wanted to get new race bike so went to John to use the bike jig so I could get one that fit me well. Bit of a questionnaire first, injury history, training history, flexibility check and then onto the jig bike. Took a good bit of time in trying diff sizes and positions, bar widths and few saddles. Got the info though and then could transfer that into the new bike. Got stack and reach numbers that would work for me and bought a giant TCR medium based on it instead of the usual small. I love the bike, put it down to the fit really, feel more confident than on any bike I've ever had, descending has got a lot better on it and no aches or pains at all. I'd really recommend the pre bike fit for anyone unsure of size, it's about 200 euro but you will end up with a bike that properly fits you and the fit measurements so you can fit yourself on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭violator13

joey100 wrote: »
    Have used John too but for a pre bike fit rather than bringing my bike to be fit on. Always just bought a small bike cos that's what lads I cycled with told me I should be on. Wanted to get new race bike so went to John to use the bike jig so I could get one that fit me well. Bit of a questionnaire first, injury history, training history, flexibility check and then onto the jig bike. Took a good bit of time in trying diff sizes and positions, bar widths and few saddles. Got the info though and then could transfer that into the new bike. Got stack and reach numbers that would work for me and bought a giant TCR medium based on it instead of the usual small. I love the bike, put it down to the fit really, feel more confident than on any bike I've ever had, descending has got a lot better on it and no aches or pains at all. I'd really recommend the pre bike fit for anyone unsure of size, it's about 200 euro but you will end up with a bike that properly fits you and the fit measurements so you can fit yourself on it.

That’s very interesting , what height are you ?. I’m always in between small and medium . Are you longer in body than leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭joey100

Hey Violator13, I'm 5''8. I'd have longer legs and shorter torso. Normally on the small I'd have had a fairly long stem, high seat post and fair few spacers below the handlebars. Since I've moved to a medium I can remove most of the spacers, run a 100mm stem and then still have a fairly aggressive saddle to bar drop.

Advertisement