Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MVC Louth

Options
  • 10-05-2021 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

Does anyone know if there is a Mass Vaccination Centre operating anywhere in Louth. I know a lot of people who have heard nothing about vaccinations yet and they are in their mid sixties. Yet on the vaccination thread on this site I am reading about people in their fifties being vaccinated already in other areas! Initially it was said there would be one in Dundalk and I also heard somewhere that they would open one in Drogheda too. All very slow here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

There's one in the Fairways complex outside Dundalk, my mother (late sixties) got her first dose there about 10/12 days ago. She registered online and that was where she was advised to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

I wonder then are the people from Drogheda having to wait until a centre opens there. It is a bit beyond a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,998 ✭✭✭✭event

Have they registered on the website?

Well I have spoken to several people who have all registered more than two weeks ago. None are particularly stressed about it but when we start hearing about the 50 somethings being called it does make us all wonder. I thought vaccination was essential for the older age groups because they are the most vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,483 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Some 64 year olds were done in the Fairways on Friday.

I'm 62 in Dundalk but no word yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

muckisluck wrote: »
    I wonder then are the people from Drogheda having to wait until a centre opens there. It is a bit beyond a joke at this stage.
    There are only 40 odd MVCs in the whole country and it's quite an assumption there would be two in a county of 130K people. GPs and pharmacists will be involved from next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭gipi

droghedalife.com reported today that DIFE, currently used to vaccinate healthcare workers, is opening to the public, possibly this week.

is_that_so wrote: »
    There are only 40 odd MVCs in the whole country and it's quite an assumption there would be two in a county of 130K people. GPs and pharmacists will be involved from next month.
    I don't think its that anyone is making that assumption. It just seems that the system in Louth is getting through the age cohorts very slowly compared to other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Boxcar_Willie

Registered over 2 weeks ago and still nothing , I’m 62 and have friends in their late 50’s being done in Dublin , Kildare and Cork !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Registered over 2 weeks ago and still nothing , I’m 62 and have friends in their late 50’s being done in Dublin , Kildare and Cork !!!

Know a lot of people in this situation. Early 60-odd and waiting, yet 50s in same town getting theirs. A few were told it was because of the whichever vaccine each person was getting and the availability of said vaccine.

Not sure I believe that, but hey ho. Hopefully you get called soon.

Annoying :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

I don't think its that anyone is making that assumption. It just seems that the system in Louth is getting through the age cohorts very slowly compared to other areas.

I'd a text from my GP to say that their practice in Drogheda is still trying to work through the over 70s :eek:

CheerLouth wrote: »
    I'd a text from my GP to say that their practice in Drogheda is still trying to work through the over 70s :eek:
    What is going on at all? I would have hoped all the over 70s are finished everywhere by now. So much for looking after the vulnerable. Did the north east get a lower supply of vaccines per head than other areas?

62 and got a text this morning for an appointment in MVC Dundalk tomorrow .
    All over 70s I know in Dundalk have been done.

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

That's good to hear. good luck with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭gipi

Jim_Hodge wrote: »

Great news! I'm a couple of years behind you, so hopefully I won't be waiting too long for my text!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

What is going on at all? I would have hoped all the over 70s are finished everywhere by now. So much for looking after the vulnerable. Did the north east get a lower supply of vaccines per head than other areas?

Our practice said that they are only getting a small number of vaccines on a bi-weekly basis so I suppose if you think of that, they are probably having to use those now for the second dose for the over 70s

62 from Drogheda , just got txt for AZ vaccination in Dundalk in the morning , delighted !!

That is good to hear. Gives hope to those of us who are just 60. Can't be that long now! Or can it?

Had mine in Dundalk today, 35 minutes from getting out of the car to driving away again. Very slick despite seeming busy.

Had mine this morning in the Fairways , again in & out in less than 30mins , plenty of staff , very efficient , and really well organised .

• Advertisement

Anyone got an appointment for next week yet. Im hoping for Monday or Tuesday but with the cyber attack Im now wondering will that happen. I think I'm now more stressed about waiting on the vaccine than actually getting Covid.
    :eek:

Anyone got an appointment for next week yet. Im hoping for Monday or Tuesday but with the cyber attack Im now wondering will that happen. I think I'm now more stressed about waiting on the vaccine than actually getting Covid.
    :eek:

I know five with appointments for Monday. The attack had no impact on the vaccination programme.

Good to hear. Maybe I'll get a Tuesday one. Drogheda centre is now open I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Seen a few here saying 30 minutes between arrival and departure in clinic and fair play but wondering if anyone can give a total walkthrough of the procedure from start to finish and what you're told to do after you've got the jab?

I'm a bit younger than most posting here but would just like to know what to expect when i do go for it.

Seen a few here saying 30 minutes between arrival and departure in clinic and fair play but wondering if anyone can give a total walkthrough of the procedure from start to finish and what you're told to do after you've got the jab?

I'm a bit younger than most posting here but would just like to know what to expect when i do go for it.

I can only speak about the Fairways centre.

Security at the car park will ask your time slot and direct you where to park.
    Go to the entrance where your text will be checked and your name marked off a sheet . You don’t need your phone after this .You are then directed to a nurse who will ask some basic questions.
    From there you wait socially distanced to register. When a booth is free you will be told which one to use.
    You will be again asked your name and to hold your ID up to the screen , details are checked and you give consent to receive the jab.
    You will then be shown where to wait until a vaccination booth is free , and accompanied to your booth.
    Vaccinator will again check name , dob and a few other questions about allergies etc . You then receive your jab and are given a vaccination card.
    Next you move on the observation area where the staff will show you to your seat , after 15 mins you are told it’s ok to leave if feeling ok.
    Whole process from walk-in to walk-out is about 30 mins , and that was at a busy time .

Cheers Boxcar Willie really appreciate your reply.

Are there any after jab procedures/instructions? Like resting,dont go for a jog �� or is it just carry on as normal?

Thanks.

Cheers Boxcar Willie really appreciate your reply.

Are there any after jab procedures/instructions? Like resting,dont go for a jog �� or is it just carry on as normal?

Thanks.

No , was just handed an info sheet , personally I just went back to work , I did drink lots of water and took 2 paracaetemol and was absolutely fine . Arm was a little bit tender on the 2nd day but nothing major.

No , was just handed an info sheet , personally I just went back to work , I did drink lots of water and took 2 paracaetemol and was absolutely fine . Arm was a little bit tender on the 2nd day but nothing major.

Thanks BW for taking the time,very much appreciated.

At last. I have appointment for AZ in DIFE this coming Wednesday. Im 60 since last September. I already feel a huge sense of relief

• Advertisement
Advertisement