Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

pioneerpro wrote: »
    image.png

image.png

pioneerpro has done us all a favour with his post, he has got thanked by 10 clueless investors as we shall see

pioneerpro claims to be trading crypto since 2017 and works in the blockchain field, they are a expert in everything, they then posted and deleted a photo of a certificate of completion of a Australian high school course in blockchain, date 2018, so a high school teenager, probable still a teenager in 2021, mummys little crypto trader putting his pocket money into crypto, ahh bless. Has come guns blazing several times at Chainlink and everytime was shown up as clueless, this expert has failed to give a single crypto pick never mind a reason why it will succeed. Mummys little crypto trader while no doubt enthusatic, is ultimately clueless.

BrandonBay86 the BTC plankton, claims to be stacking sats in cold storage , but not a single screen shot of any trade, reckon they are putting a fiver here, a tenner there into BTC on the Revolute app, hence no proof posted, but to give give him credit, there is no better indicator that BTC is about to take a downward price movement that BrandonBay86 proudly announcing he has made a BTC purchase, without fail it has dropped in price, as he would say, "had to be done" "had no choice", use this to your trading advantage.

dougal0691 would appear to be invested in XRP and Axion, nuff said, brings zero insight to the table.

Jafin big baller invests "€26 in BTC and €26 in ETH" a month.

partyjungle sank $4k into CRO " My god have mercy on my soul" better start praying, you going to need all the help you can get

pc7 and ShaneU between them not a single post to the crypto forum, i imagine they both bought XRP at $3+ and NANO at $30+, the heavy bags leave them without the confidence to post here, dont be shy join the conversation

sparrocar "My percentage pie of crypto now has just over 50% in ADA. That's where I see my real gains in the future. I still hold some hope in my XRP bag" you should not make fun of the less fortunate, so i'll say no more

Thargor is at best confused, thanks posts that are pro and anti ROSE

weemcd is another one who wont name a thing he has bought other that BTC and ETH, brings zero insight to the table.

Whelo79 sank $4k into Axion was enthusiastically posted about it regularly, now that it truly seems to be a ponzi has not posted about in in weeks, i hope he got in early and gets his money back before it collapses, in the meantime he is throwing money at Śhit coins on pancakeswap.

The above is a synopsis of the quality of the investers round here, many more such cases, sad! Worry not, Dirk want all of you Goofs to make not just money but serious wealth so i will pass on solid gold that was passed onto me, everything posted below is easy to verify with some Google work.
    Despite the evidence so far presented many round here still doubt Chainlink, there is a reason Vitalik and ETH devs get pissy when Chainlink is mentioned, read the following
    https://www.coindesk.com/miners-front-running-service-theft
    MEV was earning them $100m+ a month, Ethereum miners planned a strike on April 1 to protest EIP-1559, this was called off when it was revealed EIP-1559 had a auction built in for miners to bid on to front run trades. Vitalik has picked https://optimism.io/ as the prefered solution to high gas fees, it would maintain the status quo of MEV frontrunning, then along comes Arbitrum that eliminates the MEV Frontrunning, Arbitrum & Chainlink work together and are and will be doing things that ETH cannot, hence the pissy attitude. ETH will be just the public ledger of the transactions Arbitrum & Chainlink make, so all they need to be a complete blockchain solution is privacy of the contents of these transactions
    Enter Oasis labs and ROSE
    Ekiden was authored by people from Oasis and Chainlink, these people have previously worked together on other papers. https://arxiv.org/pdf/1804.05141.pdf
    Chainlink and Oasis are going to work hand in glove.
    roselink-Copy.png
    As we can see regulation is coming to the crypto market SEC in the states, GDPR in the EU and BSN in China, LINK and ROSE are approved in all three markets.
    https://www.coindesk.com/bsn-polkadot-oasis-bityuan

From recent Oasis hackaton, compare to Boards choice ADA which does not have smart contracts and close to zero DApps
    https://twitter.com/AnnieFauv/status/1392931804269535233
    They had a partnership with a car maker under a NDA, it was revealed to be BMW ,then we have the announced partnership and reconfirmed by Oasis with a fortune 500 social media company, Name under NDA but there is only one, FACEBOOK
    partner-Copy.png
    and here we are being teased
    https://twitter.com/AnnieFauv/status/1393316770333696001
    There is so much more that you will uncover with some Google work, and as a matter of fact Google are a partner with Oasis labs, https://www.oasislabs.com/gcp-confidential-vms

The early investors will unlock the loins share of their tokens by may 22 but not completely for 4 more years, and we are currently under ICO price!!! They will pump the price no doubt.
    Some of these early investors Fred Ehrsam(coinbase), Winkelvoss twins(Gemini) and Huobi, its not listed on these exchanges yet.
    If the boards investors where to put $5000 into it today and get 73K Rose you do the math as to how much money you would earn for every 1c increase in the price of ROSE, bear in mind it was 24c just recently and next to know one knows about it.
    Its so early for ROSE only out since November, and it has the largest number of college programs working with it in the word of any blockchain project, and i don't mean the likes of ballymun tech, proper Ivy League MIT level of collaboration in going on.

If you can't wrap your head around the Arbitrum & Chainlink thing, the very fact that you dont post here under your real name means you value privacy so you should be able to understand the importance of ROSE and by the way the Oasis team are dismissive of rivals Secret and Phala and dare i even say it Polkadot. None of them are even considered competition, so you google Dawn Song and her achievements and make up your mind, im piling on with all spare money i have, Dirks bar & Grill in the Algarve with its world famous pioneerpro Limoncello cocktails will be a waiting for you

Every post I've made today outside of this thread and in the last few months has been in Share Picks or similar threads in Investments and Markets. Picks, DD, my entry points and sell prices on certain stocks, redacted pictures of my port - the whole shebang.

In short, jump into my post history and fill your boots son

I'm here for the memes and the crypto discussion, not rolling around in the mud with single-agenda windbags.

So an around about admission that you know nothing about crypto, its ok kiddo we all have to start somewhere, auld Dirk will school you and put money in your pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

pioneerpro claims to be trading crypto since 2017 and works in the blockchain field, they are a expert in everything, they then posted and deleted a photo of a certificate of completion of a Australian high school course in blockchain, date 2018, so a high school teenager, probable still a teenager in 2021, mummys little crypto trader putting his pocket money into crypto, ahh bless. Has come guns blazing several times at Chainlink and everytime was shown up as clueless, this expert has failed to give a single crypto pick never mind a reason why it will succeed. Mummys little crypto trader while no doubt enthusatic, is ultimately clueless.

Sweet Divine Jesus, he's off his meds.

Just for clarity, what he's rambling about is a screenshot of a reddit post I put up discussing the utility of Ethereum. I don't think any sane person could possibly interpret I'm claiming to be the high-schooler in the post and it explains in the title what it is. WTF like. The post also isn't deleted to make things even stranger :D

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=117170572&postcount=35
    image.png

Oh, and in terms of Fiat on Exchanges? My oldest live account is Kraken so trading since 2016, not 2017.

image.png

That said, as for the bizarre attacks on the other 10 users, and the rest of the deranged bathroom-graffiti posted, I feel this is probably the more helpful picture.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

To steal a phrase from another poster, there's a lot of little dick energy floating around in here.

I've no idea how some of you have the time. Surely there's better things to be doing?

Lots of salt and shade from the 'non investors' Meeeooow

Imagine being so salty, that not only do you attack the poster conversing with you, you actually trawl through all the posts of the people who liked said person's post. H-il-ar-ious!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

To put things on a more serious note, Revolut had a very entertaining DogeCoin promo video, so I bought 200. Let the good times roll!

• Advertisement

Some seriously fragile egos about

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I really enjoy reading this forum, it is so interesting, I know very little about crypto and happily put my hands up to that, but I feel I am learning and enjoy the different view points and takes in here.
    If people start singling others out just for liking a funny post, I’ll continue lurking and ‘not having a single post’

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Whelo79 wrote: »

I've no idea how some of you have the time. Surely there's better things to be doing?

Anyone worth their salt has better things to be doing.

Some seriously fragile egos about

There sure is round here, the Theta, ADA and XRP bag holders
    Its ok to be new and know nothing about something, we all have to start somewhere, but for what ever reason this here crypto forum has attracted fantasists, they larp as all knowing when the reality is they know next to nothing.
    Mummys little trader has been show to be wind and piss on several occasions, I personally got accused of trying to get posters to dump their ADA, XPR and THETA so I could buy them up cheaply (delusional to say the least)when I dared to ask a few simple questions or stated a fact, who is developing on ADA, XRP token not needed to use Ripple tech and how will THETA succeed where MS Mixer failed, now what is wrong with those 3 talking points? Nothing as far as I can see, but posters had a fit, all because they are bag holders who did not research the product before they loaded up heavy bags, they know deep down what I asked/stated does not shine a good light on their bags and lash out in anger.
    The simple fact is some posters round are making and continue to make rookie mistakes and are not happy when this pointing this out to them, they refuse to believe they could be wrong, and all it would take is 5 minutes on Google to see what is posted is true, but no, circle the wagons , boards of a feather stick together, bag holders support each others delusional view and will all be left holding heavy bags when the market dumps, its sad to see, but they will learn the hard way.

ADA out years with no DApps, Hbar new kid in town, ADA is a ghost chain, yet the wisdom of board is buy.
    ada.jpg

XRP not need to use Ripple, from the horses mouth, but boards knows better and loads up on heavy bags
    ripple.png

Microsoft put billions into Mixer and it did not put a dent in Twitch/YouTube, Theta.tv is a ghost town, don’t believe me check it out, the number of viewers is displayed in the corner of every video, but boards wisdom has Theta going to $70 this summer.

Psychologists would have a field day observing the heard mentality, reinforcing each others bad decisions and then doubling down on them by certain bag holders here, despise all the evidence to show its a bad move they continue down the road carrying heavy bags that are only getting heavier.
    Its already apparent some are loosing money from their posts but like those who gamble in the bookies, they only really tell of the bets that win , never of the losses, so is ADA, XRP and THETA are the winning bets around here i dread to think of what are the loosing ones that posters are keeping quite about.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Anyone worth their salt has better things to be doing.

I try to help out those in need, its good for the soul, lend a helping hand and life will reward you back ten fold. Some serious help is needed round here by some current and future bag holders, you got to remember that for you to sell at the top there has to be some poor bastard to buy, many round here have bought at or near the top, if the token has solid fundamentals you will be alright in the medium to long term but if its does not you will be a bag holder. ADA XRP
    415327-Nelson-Mandela-Quote-A-fundamental-concern-for-others-in-our.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Dirk is "off his meds" haha, love the humor in here. I've loaded up on Rose and only yesterday figured out (After 3 hours of frustration) how to stake it at 34%. Staked it using my ledger x and chorus one anthem. I a newbie so was fairly proud of myself after figuring it out and unless I'm mistaken 34% returns are pretty decent. P.S I've no idea how all of this works to be honest, I'm a total newb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

!

Summer holidays start this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭mdmix

To steal a phrase from another poster, there's a lot of little dick energy floating around in here.

Lots of salt and shade from the 'non investors' Meeeooow

Imagine being so salty, that not only do you attack the poster conversing with you, you actually trawl through all the posts of the people who liked said person's post. H-il-ar-ious!

To be fair, you were shilling hex pretty hard to the point a few people asked you to start a new thread and keep it off here. You did manage to pull a few boards users in at the top too

Interesting back and forth in here. Likewise, there was some of it over on r/cryptocurrency yesterday as a redditor made a detailed 'Brave Browser is a scam...' post, and the Brave team actually hit back on Reddit and tore down his accusations and misconceptions...

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/nxce6t/brave_browser_scam_a_fake_privacy_browser_sharing/

I don't hold any BAT nor am I shilling it, but I thought Brave handled this very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

mdmix wrote: »
    To be fair, you were shilling hex pretty hard to the point a few people asked you to start a new thread and keep it off here. You did manage to pull a few boards users in at the top too

You are confusing projects, I've never shilled or owned HEX.

Axion is my main holding, and if anyone who bought into the project is doing what the project is supposed to do, they are receiving free BTC several times a week.

I've received several thousand dollars in interest through the project, without having to relinquish any of my original holdings.

The drop in price for AXN is of little relevance to me right now. If the price was higher I would be getting more BTC a week in dividends. The price when my staking term ends is what matters. But by the time my stakes end I will have received several multiples of my initial investment amount.

Bull or bear, dividends keep coming in with Axion.

You are confusing projects, I've never shilled or owned HEX.

Axion is my main holding, and if anyone who bought into the project is doing what the project is supposed to do, they are receiving free BTC several times a week.

I've received several thousand dollars in interest through the project, without having to relinquish any of my original holdings.

The drop in price for AXN is of little relevance to me right now. If the price was higher I would be getting more BTC a week in dividends. The price when my staking term ends is what matters. But by the time my stakes end I will have received several multiples of my initial investment amount.

Bull or bear, dividends keep coming in with Axion.

What kind of returns are you getting? I've been recently dabbling with sovryn which seems like a similar project

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭pioneerpro

Is staking really worth the time paying 52% tax against the APR on volatile coins?

Fair enough, I know many may tend to not report such earnings, but my CGT returns have to remain squeaky clean as also involved in stocks/REITs/ETFs.

Is staking really worth the time paying 52% tax against the APR on volatile coins?

Fair enough, I know many may tend to not report such earnings, but my CGT returns have to remain squeaky clean as also involved in stocks/REITs/ETFs.

This is news to me. I presumed it fell under CGT. Does it count as income instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

This is news to me. I presumed it fell under CGT. Does it count as income instead?

Its taxed as income when you receive it.

When you later sell/dispose it, its taxed under cgt.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭ConseyMan

Hey
    Any of you guys tried staking Matic on Aave?
    What's the best way to get Fiat into Matic and on into Aave? While avoiding fees as mush as possible, particularly Eth gas fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Was lurking and posting here a few months ago and just had a peep today and see things have really heated up ha

I put 15k usd on tfuel hoping it might 2-4x in the weeks leading up to main net 3.0. Say a prayer for me dirk. If it works out I’ll buy a heavy bag of rose and stake it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

ConseyMan wrote: »
    Hey
    Any of you guys tried staking Matic on Aave?
    What's the best way to get Fiat into Matic and on into Aave? While avoiding fees as mush as possible, particularly Eth gas fees.

I started staking matic on Aave but was getting better rates on Beefy because of the auto-compounding so I moved to there. Both are good options! Curve.fi is also worth checking out. I started a thread on it a few days ago.
    There are some interesting strategies with taking stablecoin loans due to the bonus matic on offer from Aave at the minute but it was an extra step and only getting and extra 7/8% so wasn't worth the hassle for me

I bridged some of my assets on eth network to matic using zapper.fi, you'll pay a one-off eth fee to transfer it (think I paid ~$25) and then it's all matic fees from there. Takes maybe 5/10 mins for it to transfer over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Oh I didn't realise it was taxed like that in Ireland, makes staking not really worth it if that's the case.
    Here (canada) it's taxed as cgt whenever you sell and the earned coins have a cost basis of $0.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Was lurking and posting here a few months ago and just had a peep today and see things have really heated up ha

I put 15k usd on tfuel hoping it might 2-4x in the weeks leading up to main net 3.0. Say a prayer for me dirk. If it works out I’ll buy a heavy bag of rose and stake it.

Nice, you'll be getting roughly 30% APY from 30th June onwards.

Not sure how much tfuel you ended up with!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Nice, you'll be getting roughly 30% APY from 30th June onwards.

Not sure how much tfuel you ended up with!

35,000 tfuel tokens but that’s the whole portfolio lol

I’ll keep 10/15k tokens and stake them and hopefully sell the 20k at a nice profit and buy back some theta at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

That doesn't sound right, is that a proper tax opinion?

I don't stake and have never looked into it, but I'd have thought it's either income when you recieve the staked coins, or CGT on the profit when you sell the staked coin.

If you get a staked coin of $10 value, then you should pay income tax on $10 income.
    If you sell that staked coin at $12, the CGT is only on the $2.

If the staked coin is valued at $0, then you don't get hit with income tax (as you've received something worthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Shedite27 wrote: »
    That doesn't sound right, is that a proper tax opinion?

I don't stake and have never looked into it, but I'd have thought it's either income when you recieve the staked coins, or CGT on the profit when you sell the staked coin.

If you get a staked coin of $10 value, then you should pay income tax on $10 income.
    If you sell that staked coin at $12, the CGT is only on the $2.

If the staked coin is valued at $0, then you don't get hit with income tax (as you've received something worthless.

Yes, when you receive the interest on the stakes coin (i.e. more ciloins) its taxed under income tax rules ay the value of the coin received e.g.10e

When you the sell those coins, they are then taxed under cgt rules. The "cost" of the coins will be the value of the coins when you received them I.e. 10e

I dont know if revenue have issued specific guidance on stakes coins, but that's generally how assets and their related dividends/interest are treated. So I dont see why crypto would be any different

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yes, when you receive the interest on the stakes coin (i.e. more ciloins) its taxed under income tax rules ay the value of the coin received e.g.10e

When you the sell those coins, they are then taxed under cgt rules. The "cost" of the coins will be the value of the coins when you received them I.e. 10e

I dont know if revenue have issued specific guidance on stakes coins, but that's generally how assets and their related dividends/interest are treated. So I dont see why crypto would be any different
    You shouldn’t be paying tax on the earned €10 twice. If you take your pay in €10 coins, you pay income tax on that €10.

If you sell the coin at €10, there’s no GAIN, so no Capital GAINS tax. You’d only
    Pay CGT if you sell the coin at €15, in which case you’d pay 33% CGT on the €5.

I do similar at work, can take my pay in shares, which is liable to Income tax, I pay CGT only on the profit I make on the shares

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can anyone predict if BTC will rise rapidly in the future? I know nobody can predict it but I'm just wondering will it rise to the moon or has it had it's day?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Can anyone predict if BTC will rise rapidly in the future? I know nobody can predict it but I'm just wondering will it rise to the moon or has it had it's day?

You ask and then answer it yourself, nobody can, not the boards experts, nor the YouTube experts with millions of subscribers, nor can financial experts answer it. Even those who say they know are like those who predicted the housing crash in 2007,eventually they will be proved right, but it could be 1 month or 10 years from now.

Advertisement