Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,035 ✭✭✭BKtje

Regulators already gauge their %, similar to stocks and what not. 99% of crypto projects are scams, useless trash, meme coins (aka ponzi schemes) or already good ideas that already have another crypto that does it better. I totally agree with you on that point.

It's the 1% that's of interest to me personally and where I invest. Crypto is here and it is here to stay, it just depends in what form.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Was wondering why the market was dragging a bit more than expected today, then saw that Coinbase lost it's motion to dismiss the SEC case. Shouldn't impact things too much, and will be forgotten in a few days, but yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭erlichbachman

Market didn’t even flinch, Sec have cried wolf so many times now that nobody pays any attention to them. Larry F earlier commented that even if eth was declared a security it would be business as usual with an eth etf.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Odd thing is Solana is on the SEC action too but the price pump happened anyway. Stranger still Avalanche is not and they have synthetic shares on their platform which would be a security (I wouldn’t trust an unknown third party with shares unless transparent and audited).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭antimatterx

SBF gets 25 years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,060 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

strangely enough I don’t actually think he set out to scam people, seems to me to be more incompetency than master villain, not that it’s any defense of losing peoples money but didn’t it turn out that everyone will be made whole on the dollar amount lost?

That was the defence's case. The evidence didn't paint that picture and the judge didn't buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,251 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Yeah he didn't mean to take billions of peoples money from one place and put it in a completely different place

He took a gamble and lost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,727 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

I kind of thought the same, he seemed to have done ok for a while with the arbitrage trading (in an Asian exchange I think) and I think that gave him a sense of arrogance/smartest person in the room. I can see the start of the decline being a combination of that arrogance and cluelessness, but it then went into full scam mode.

Or he was just very good at playing the part, and fooled a lot of people, but not the judge and a jury of his countrymen when the full facts were laid out.

Likewise a lot of smart people supported e.g. Elizabeth Holmes of Theranos all the way to the bitter end (and even after)

Interesting overview here

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Took delivery of some space age polymer material from the laboratory's of NASA with 100X the properties of tin foil and fashioned a hat from it and got to thinking and am now 100% convinced that BTC is nothing but a distraction while the real crypto play is going on in full public view.

The DTCC is moving the settlement of US securities from two business days after the trade date (T+2) to one business day after the trade date (T+1)

https://www.dtcc.com/dtcc-connection/articles/2023/march/22/accelerating-to-t1-industry-readiness

They are aiming for T-0 in the future, instant settlement. All on chain powered by Chainlink

If that did not convince you that big moves are afoot consider the following

Citi bank have a hand full of people working on BTC and hundreds on Chainlink 😏

Blackrock don't own a single BTC, they just facilitate the purchase of BTC for clients, but Blackrock are going all in on RWA that will require Chainlink.

With the way the world is going, nations/industries are not going to all use one blockchain that can be controlled by USA/China/EU, remember the sanctions and confiscation of Russian assets in the west, why would anyone risk that with blockchain when they can run their own Blockchain and use Chainlink to connect to the others in different jurisdictions and not have to worry about falling foul to foreign government sanctions.

So prediction time, so short term retail and institutional money will continue to buy BTC , medium term institutional money will exit BTC and flow into LINK and long term the arse will fall out of BTC leaving retail holding the bag and LINK gobbles up everything.

Screencap and remember boards very own oracle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

The latest gossip I'm hearing on the grapevine is that LINK is mission creeping into a stable coin. 😉

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Already used by Circle and Paxos, I believe Chainlink is used to verify stable coins are backed 1to1 with a real Dollar.

Anyway here is something to ponder, the future monetary system has already been decided, USA/CHINA/EU/BRICS all onboard we are just going through the motions before it rolls out world wide.

Check out this man, in a nut shell the money behind Facebook , Baidu and Tencent and Circle USD

I'm guessing the system they have in China with Baidu as the all in app for messaging and payments is the plan for the rest of the world, This Breyer bloke is connected big time in USA and China, check out his wife's family. Wife's sister is married to U.S. senator Mitch McConnell, the Wifes father is CCP hierarchy, even been awarded honours from the party. Remember you don't become a Billionaire in China if you are not a party member.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/02/us/politics/transportation-secretary-elaine-chao.html

Breyer was ordered recently to slow down his business in China, a few weeks later his Wife dies in strange circumstances, was it a hit? Did China do it for slowing down or USA for not slowing down?

The precedent of confiscating Russia assets in the west will prevent them all from using the one system, to much risk of falling out and confiscation, so each economic region will run it own blockchain and Chainlink with CCIP will be used to transfer between each blockchain.

Similar will happen in the business world, they will want to control the blockchain they operate on to prevent a 51% attack, this is where Hyperledger and Corda will provide Blockchains to companies that they will each control and use Chainlink CCIP to transfer to each other.

If you ain't on the Chainlink train by now I don't know what more you need to convince you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

Oh I still believe in LINK and have been on that train since almost the beginning…

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

BRAAVO are the cryptos I have been / will continue to DCA for a while. Great potential.

Beam, Render, AIOZ, Aerodrome Finance, Velodrome Finance, Ondo Finance

Lower cap plays, higher reward. As much as I love Bitcoin I need better returns than a 2X from here. Shame I'm buying a house, otherwise I'd have a bigger fund to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

@dirk_dangler Conspiracy theory nonsense.

The investigation into the death of Angela Chao, the CEO of a global
    shipping company who died at a private Central Texas ranch last month,
    found she inadvertently reversed her Tesla SUV into a stock pond and
    drowned as rescue attempts faltered, according to an incident report
    obtained by the American-Statesman.

A toxicology screening ordered
    as part of the month-long investigation indicated Chao, 50, had a blood
    alcohol concentration of 0.233. The legal limit to drive in Texas is

The only conspiracy is that of the US regulatory authorities that consistently allow Tesla to kill people with impunity. No car should be allowed to have electrically locked and operated doors. Car electrical functions usually fail very soon after being submerged in water.

People have burnt to death in Tesla's partly because the doors couldn't be opened by those attempting a rescue.

Breyer was ordered by US to slow down his operations in China, his wife dies a fews week later

Then we have the ship crash into a bridge in Baltimore, accusations flying that it was hacked by a foreign power, Billions of dollars will be lost in US economy and lookie here what do we have

Strange don't ya think.

USA trying to slow down maybe even withdraw from the new monetary system in the works and this is Chinese payback?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,697 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

@dirk_dangler

The Dali is not owned by Foremost group, it's owned by Grace Ocean which has no relationship with Angela Chou.

However, Grok is owned by Elon Musk, CEO of the company which made the car in which Angela Chou died. And Elon has serious ties with China.

https://www.reuters.com/fact-check/angela-chao-was-ceo-foremost-group-not-dali-owner-grace-ocean-2024-03-28/

Post edited by cnocbui on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 proxynekycoin

hi This gets complicated, some say up and others down...and the middle? nobody😎

Wormhole airdrop is up.

Link is here:
    https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/wormhole

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I think his understanding of finance was on par with everyone else involved in Crypto. (I'll get my coat.)

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

Maybe I missed it but I don't see any mention of Chainlink with DTC's T+1 preps in that link, what role is Chainlink playing exactly?

(Please don't spaz out, and no links from crypto blogs, no hypotheticals, just the direct info of how Chainlink is being used for the upcoming launch of T+1, genuinely curious as I know someone who is working on T+1)

in fairness he was pretty good at making money but bad at running a business, in retrospect all he had to do was hire people to run the business and let them do just that, if that was done ftx would be thriving right now and Sam would be sitting on a yacht somewhere instead of in a cell

Bad? He committed one of the largest frauds in history. He fucked over (and ruined the lives) of countless people.

But hey he had fuzzy hair, drove a Corolla and was into crypto so according to some he just made an "oopsie".

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Norrie Rugger Head

What's the Fetch merge?

I haven't bothered looking at anything for a while and now there's apparently a three way merger or something

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I can't believe Sequoia Capital lost $213.5 million in FTX. So much for due diligence.

'The Bishops blessed the Blueshirts in Galway, As they sailed beneath the Swastika to Spain'

• Advertisement

It’s worse than that. He was sending money from customer accounts to the sister company Alameda and his girlfriend was gambling the funds on risky assets. She should be doing time too. The car thing was a PR move. The media really did no research on him and his claims, they just pushed out puff pieces. The story was broken by coffeezilla a YouTuber which highlights the standard of media today. Though Blackrock invested in them and you’d expect they would actually do some research into an investment.

Advertisement