Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Adding Sat Nav to a 161 Prius

Options
  • 08-05-2021 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

My wife is buying a 161 Prius Premium and it doesn't have Sat Nav (from what I remember, when you hit the Sat Nav button it says something like 'Feature Not Installed'.)

Not having Sat Nav isn't a deal breaker for her, but I'm curious about it as I assumed it would have it. Any ideas what kinda job/cost it would be to get the Sat Nav added/enabled etc.? Is it just enabling something, or getting it fitted as well?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

jasonb wrote: »
    Hi there,

My wife is buying a 161 Prius Premium and it doesn't have Sat Nav (from what I remember, when you hit the Sat Nav button it says something like 'Feature Not Installed'.)

Not having Sat Nav isn't a deal breaker for her, but I'm curious about it as I assumed it would have it. Any ideas what kinda job/cost it would be to get the Sat Nav added/enabled etc.? Is it just enabling something, or getting it fitted as well?

Thanks...

I believe it is called the Touch and Go system in the Prius. If so, I was quoted €900 for adding it to my Auris with the same system. It is an extra module that plugs into the bottom of the stereo so it has to come out of the dash for installation.
    You might be able to pick the module up second hand though but I never bothered to follow up, I just used Google maps or Waze on my phone in a mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Thanks for your reply. Seems like a lot of money for a Sat Nav! I might check with a local garage to see what they quote for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,217 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks for your reply. Seems like a lot of money for a Sat Nav! I might check with a local garage to see what they quote for it.

I have found over the years that built in sat navs are crap, especially for finding new locations

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

It is specific to that head unit so they may not have any luck other than a breakers. As another poster said, built in nav units can be a bit pants. You won't get Android auto or Apple Carplay on it either.
    As they say; YMMV, so best of luck with the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

Yeah, I know what ye mean, Google Maps works for me, but my wife isn't a fan of it. Will probably use the car for a while without the Sat Nav and see how it goes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement