Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Zwift Difficulty setting

• 06-05-2021 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭ lochdara

I'm fairly new to zwift. I am not all that bother about setting up the virtual rider but I was wondering about the difficulty setting.

I used my suito for a few weeks at default 50% before I wound it up to 100%. I'm using it most for my fundraiser at the moment and tend to choose fairly flat routes but I have had it at 6-9 % for a few nice climbs.

Whats everyone else doing?

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,880 ✭✭✭✭ dahat

25-40 for racing & erg mode for a lot of structured stuff below z4.

Also don’t get too hung up on it, use whatever suits and makes the platform most enjoyable for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭ lochdara

I was trying to get my head around why its like that. I dont particularly like hills but if I am working my way up a 7% hill for a 1km on the road I would like to know it would feel the same on the trainer. Does 100% make it true to life?

I dont race but I have done 2 ftp test at 50% with erg on.

Currently fundraising for Irish Motor Neurone Disease Association

In Memory of my fab Wife www.sinsin.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭ MayoSalmon

lochdara wrote: »
    I was trying to get my head around why its like that. I dont particularly like hills but if I am working my way up a 7% hill for a 1km on the road I would like to know it would feel the same on the trainer. Does 100% make it true to life?

I dont race but I have done 2 ftp test at 50% with erg on.

Yes 100% will make it more true to life..

YouTube Zwift trainer difficulty plenty of videos on it. GP Lama has one aswell.

Advertisement