Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro d'Italia 2021

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Can we not just put a spoilers tag on the whole thread? Otherwise how can we discuss the race properly

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    Can we not just put a spoilers tag on the whole thread? Otherwise how can we discuss the race properly

I normally works out well with a main thread for general chat and a stage specific thread each day for spoilers.

I shoulder some of the blame for today as I'd a thread set up and ready to go then forgot to click post it after getting distracted and going to play jigsaws with the kids :o

I normally works out well with a main thread for general chat and a stage specific thread each day for spoilers.

I shoulder some of the blame for today as I'd a thread set up and ready to go then forgot to click post it after getting distracted and going to play jigsaws with the kids :o

Yeah but the pro race discussion is severely limited these days. No individual threads for the classics except LBL. I wasn’t expecting individual stage threads.

they/them/theirs

Yeah but the pro race discussion is severely limited these days. No individual threads for the classics except LBL. I wasn’t expecting individual stage threads.

You've been positing here long enough to know that Grand Tours get daily stage threads and as for the classics what was stopping you starting a thread :confused:

I'd say pro racing discussion is more open to a degree here these days with the recent General Racing thread, that's something I haven't seen here in the time I've been posting.

You've been positing here long enough to know that Grand Tours get daily stage threads and as for the classics what was stopping you starting a thread :confused:

I'd say pro racing discussion is more open to a degree here these days with the recent General Racing thread, that's something I haven't seen here in the time I've been posting.

Time stops me. I’d be happy to contribute when I have time, like when I created the Liege Bastogne Liege thread this year.

If volunteers are needed to create the odd stage thread, happy to help if the interest is there. I don’t see the interest there used to be though. Which is why I think this thread should have spoilers tags and be used to discuss the day’s racing.

they/them/theirs

Thinking about it the General Racing thread absorbed a lot of the general chit chat of a days racing that might have seen a dedicated thread in the past and made us lazy maybe?

Was also thinking I haven't seen 2 or 3 posters I'd normally see pop in for the GT's post this year about the Giro yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,508 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Just saw 38yo Pozzovivo finished 21st, ahead of most of the GC guys and a pure TTer Campanaerts.
    Did he get a lift???

• Site Banned Posts: 20,686 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Time stops me. I’d be happy to contribute when I have time, like when I created the Liege Bastogne Liege thread this year.

If volunteers are needed to create the odd stage thread, happy to help if the interest is there. I don’t see the interest there used to be though. Which is why I think this thread should have spoilers tags and be used to discuss the day’s racing.

It's because the same 2 people did the stage threads pretty much and the very odd time someone would spot there wasn't one and do one.

That doesn't mean that there should be a spoilers rules here, it should mean if you want to talk about that days stage, start a thread. Doesn't have to be detailed,just start it and go.

Weepsie wrote: »
    It's because the same 2 people did the stage threads pretty much and the very odd time someone would spot there wasn't one and do one.

That doesn't mean that there should be a spoilers rules here, it should mean if you want to talk about that days stage, start a thread. Doesn't have to be detailed,just start it and go.

You know what, you’re right. If it’s an interesting day, I’ll just start a thread if there isn’t one.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Just saw 38yo Pozzovivo finished 21st, ahead of most of the GC guys and a pure TTer Campanaerts.
    Did he get a lift???

That’s by far the most surprising result of the day.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭griffin100

Not good news for Dan -

https://www.cyclingnews.com/news/dan-martin-loses-giro-ditalia-lieutenant-as-neilands-breaks-collarbone/

What a pain to have to drop out this way after all the training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Sagan for points jersey now you would have to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,308 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Sagan for points jersey now you would have to think.

He’s already well in the lead. Merlier is in 4th - 25 points behind

Gaviria is second and he seems out of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭MangleBadger

Dodge wrote: »
    He’s already well in the lead. Merlier is in 4th - 25 points behind

Gaviria is second and he seems out of form

Yes but if Merlier was to stay the course he would be the favourite for any remaining sprint stages. Sprints will be much closer now I would think without Ewan and Merlier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

So will Eddy Merckx have a go at him for his lack of respect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jeepers! i thought Eddy Merckx died years back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,545 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

I think it was Dan on the breakaway who had the best response to Merckx, along the lines of the pot calling the kettle black in regards respect!

mewso wrote: »
    So will Eddy Merckx have a go at him for his lack of respect.

Advertisement