Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro d'Italia 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

It will be incredible if Remco even podiums to be quite honest. Looking forward to the Giro as a whole, nice lineup of likeable GC contenders.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,922 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Coneygree wrote: »
    It will be incredible if Remco even podiums to be quite honest. Looking forward to the Giro as a whole, nice lineup of likeable GC contenders.

It will. But not unbelievable

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Coneygree

Brian? wrote: »
    It will. But not unbelievable

Absolutely.

Pre race build up on now on the apps.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Kelly is back!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

I really don’t like individual time trial stages

Team time trials seem to have gone out of fashion, couple of years since I've seen one.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,620 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Team time trials seem to have gone out of fashion, couple of years since I've seen one.

Because teams like Ineos can just blitz them. If Nibali was on a team with a top TTT crew I bet they would be in every Giro

• Registered Users Posts: 14,064 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Did not expect a good TT from Vlasov...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Who is the support commentator on Eurosport, British accent?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Stage 2 of TdF 2019. Went to watch it - you can't see a thing with a team going past you at close to 60kmh. Jumbo Visma beat Ineos to win it

I had heard little about Foss but have honestly never heard of Affini before, some ride

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

califano wrote: »
    Who is the support commentator on Eurosport, British accent?.

Dan Bigham or something, I believe tech and aero expert consultant to some teams.

Dan finishes 47s down
    Bernal 26s, Yates 28s so not bad but not great.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

There's no stage thread today, but in future can ye keep the days results to stage threads and use spoiler tags if in this thread

Wow that Pinerello Ganna is on is something.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭griffin100

Ganna is giving it everything. His numbers (and the size of his big chain ring) are frightening.

Smashed it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,181 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Weepsie wrote: »
    There's no stage thread today, but in future can ye keep the days results to stage threads and use spoiler tags if in this thread

I’ll risk a ban here but is there why oh why would someone look into a giro thread if they wanted to avoid the result. What else are people going to be talking about?

I understand it for the likes of the Sam Bennett thread hut a race thread?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Dodge wrote: »
    I’ll risk a ban here but is there why oh why would someone look into a giro thread if they wanted to avoid the result. What else are people going to be talking about?

I understand it for the likes of the Sam Bennett thread hut a race thread?

I'm not a mod here but always check the charter first. Item 2. That's the way it's been for quite some time and it works fine.

• Advertisement

Can we not just put a spoilers tag on the whole thread? Otherwise how can we discuss the race properly

they/them/theirs

Can we not just put a spoilers tag on the whole thread? Otherwise how can we discuss the race properly

I normally works out well with a main thread for general chat and a stage specific thread each day for spoilers.

I shoulder some of the blame for today as I'd a thread set up and ready to go then forgot to click post it after getting distracted and going to play jigsaws with the kids :o

I normally works out well with a main thread for general chat and a stage specific thread each day for spoilers.

I shoulder some of the blame for today as I'd a thread set up and ready to go then forgot to click post it after getting distracted and going to play jigsaws with the kids :o

Yeah but the pro race discussion is severely limited these days. No individual threads for the classics except LBL. I wasn’t expecting individual stage threads.

they/them/theirs

Yeah but the pro race discussion is severely limited these days. No individual threads for the classics except LBL. I wasn’t expecting individual stage threads.

You've been positing here long enough to know that Grand Tours get daily stage threads and as for the classics what was stopping you starting a thread :confused:

I'd say pro racing discussion is more open to a degree here these days with the recent General Racing thread, that's something I haven't seen here in the time I've been posting.

You've been positing here long enough to know that Grand Tours get daily stage threads and as for the classics what was stopping you starting a thread :confused:

I'd say pro racing discussion is more open to a degree here these days with the recent General Racing thread, that's something I haven't seen here in the time I've been posting.

Time stops me. I’d be happy to contribute when I have time, like when I created the Liege Bastogne Liege thread this year.

If volunteers are needed to create the odd stage thread, happy to help if the interest is there. I don’t see the interest there used to be though. Which is why I think this thread should have spoilers tags and be used to discuss the day’s racing.

they/them/theirs

Thinking about it the General Racing thread absorbed a lot of the general chit chat of a days racing that might have seen a dedicated thread in the past and made us lazy maybe?

Was also thinking I haven't seen 2 or 3 posters I'd normally see pop in for the GT's post this year about the Giro yet.

Just saw 38yo Pozzovivo finished 21st, ahead of most of the GC guys and a pure TTer Campanaerts.
    Did he get a lift???

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Time stops me. I’d be happy to contribute when I have time, like when I created the Liege Bastogne Liege thread this year.

If volunteers are needed to create the odd stage thread, happy to help if the interest is there. I don’t see the interest there used to be though. Which is why I think this thread should have spoilers tags and be used to discuss the day’s racing.

It's because the same 2 people did the stage threads pretty much and the very odd time someone would spot there wasn't one and do one.

That doesn't mean that there should be a spoilers rules here, it should mean if you want to talk about that days stage, start a thread. Doesn't have to be detailed,just start it and go.

Weepsie wrote: »
    It's because the same 2 people did the stage threads pretty much and the very odd time someone would spot there wasn't one and do one.

That doesn't mean that there should be a spoilers rules here, it should mean if you want to talk about that days stage, start a thread. Doesn't have to be detailed,just start it and go.

You know what, you’re right. If it’s an interesting day, I’ll just start a thread if there isn’t one.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

retalivity wrote: »
    Just saw 38yo Pozzovivo finished 21st, ahead of most of the GC guys and a pure TTer Campanaerts.
    Did he get a lift???

That’s by far the most surprising result of the day.

they/them/theirs

Advertisement