Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze Deals (NIRL Edition)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Does anyone know if there are any online alerts to notify you about the 25% off 6 wines in the various supermarkets.

I was heading up there recently and missed the Sainsbury one by a day and just got the end of the Tesco one.

I've seen one website but it was fairly out of date, and haven't found a website with any future dates

• Registered Users Posts: 27,895 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

This website sends out twice weekly updates about wine promos in UK supermarkets, also includes reviews.

No worries if you have already come across it.

https://midweekwines.co.uk/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭POBox19

Sainsburys 18 - 31 October.

Perfect thanks, I might head up before the Bank Holiday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 delerium1

Heading to Enniskillen next week, will be travelling by Derrylin route. Is it better to go to Asda or Tesco, or are there any other places for deals?. Thanks

Bailey's £10 for 1L in Sainsbury's with Nectar Card, otherwise £21.95.

25% off 6 or more wine back on for Christmas.

I had to laugh at this stuff from Sainsbury's: Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum £16 for 70cl + Nectar Card.

Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum seeks its own path in life… Like the free-spirited man who inspired the drink - the old school tattooist, Norman ‘Sailor Jerry' Collins. He lived by always ‘originating not imitating'. We believe in making rum the authentic way, the way men drank rum back in the day. That means it's distilled to 80-proof (40% ABV), spiced and smooth.

Provenance: Country of origin: Scotland Packed in: Scotland Manufactured and bottled in Scotland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭wassie

LOL. From Wikipedia

In 2010, the 40% ABV formula being sold in the United Kingdom was changed to include a less sweet taste in a move that was described as more "vanilla and caramel flavors".

Also this:

None of Collins' family profit from his [Sailor Jerry] creations or the things that have come from them since. There is a legal disagreement as to his naming rights as initiated by Louise Collins.

So much for 'authenticity'.

Personally, I think if its spiced rum with a Pirate on the label then you cant beat that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭PGE1970

30 cans of Heineken (5% - 440mls) in Sainsbury for €25.60 (£22stg).

It's the "good" Heineken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Similer in Asda.

10 x 440ml £10. Buy 3 for £23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

Picked 60 of these up yesterday in Sainsbury’s along with Moretti cans and Estrella cans 10 packs 2 for £18 which is excellent value.

great deals on wines also, got some looks at the checkout with a trolley full of booze 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭mikewest

Or buy 4 for 30, not signed but on offer according to the girl on the till but only one offer per transaction. If you wanted 80 cans then you make 2 seperate transactions

• Registered Users Posts: 81,181 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Some deals in Tesco, really you need the Clubcard to be worth your while, all with CC. If you are in Newry the Tesco is other end of town, about 5 minutes away from Sainsburys, much quieter this time of the year...

Tesco

1L Captain Morgan/Smirnoff/Gordons/Famous Grouse/Bells £18 CC

1L Bacardi £17 CC

1L Jack Daniels £20 CC

1L Johnnie Walker Red Label £20.50 CC

1L Bombay Saphire £21 CC

Bud Light 18x440ml £10 CC

Carlsberg 18x440ml £11 CC

Carling 18x440ml £12 CC

Heineken 12x440ml £12.75 CC

Corona 18x330ml £15 CC

We were up last night.

The wine aisle looked like a tasmanian devil had gone through it!

Got the last of the Mud Hut & Oyster Bay for herself but slim pickings at 7pm.

They need to re-stock over the course of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

I didn’t take all the wine I promise 😀 I was there at lunch time and the staff were doing their best to keep it stocked but it was getting destroyed so maybe better to go earlier in the day. Some smashing deals compared to here.

Sainsbury's Taste the Difference wines range 'Buy 3 get 25% off'. Some nice ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Anyone know of any good wine deals coming up? Was thinking of taking a trip north this sunday but dont see any 25% offs. maybe wait another few weeks?

M

Yes I'd say leading up to Easter there will be, another 2 weeks or so, really bad deals across the board right now on beer and spirits too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Sainsbury had the 25% off wine on Patrick's weekend last year. Here's hoping they do the same this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Heading to Enniskillen tomorrow.

I shop in Asda.

Not much offers.

Best I can see is the usual 10 x 440 Heineken x 3 £23. Note these are 5% cans. Last time I was there a problem at tills meant they had to process each purchase of 3 separtely. Hope that is fixed.

Next best is Kronenbourg 1664 15 x 440 (5%) £13

As regards wine>

They have an offer on some wines that sell at around £5.25 at 2 for £10. Checked wines in offer and not great.

Last up is cider.

Asda have there own brand at a great price and are 5%.

2 Ltr. plastic bottles £1.99

4 x 440 cans £2,50

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Got stung in Asda last time myself on some of their multi purchase deals. I think it’s down to the order they are scanned but as you say, if you just keep it to separate transactions you might be fine.

on the plus side……….. no silly deposits

Started yesterday in Sainsbury's up until the 10/03/2024.

Got a good bit in Newry this morning. Tesco/Asda don't seem to be running one at the moment.

M

Anyone got any experience of Asda Kilkeel? Off Licence looks tiny, probably not worth a detour from Newry but there's good deals at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

Drove out there one time, some years ago. I don't remember the off licence but the store overall is very small, more like a Eurospar, not worth the drive imho.

M

Yes I can't see it having stacks of crates to buy, may have to head to Downpatrick if Tesco and Sainsburys don't come good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Genghis

We usually head up to the Asda in West Belfast. There is also a Sainsburys next door, you also pass Tesco outside Banbridge on your way there and back, plus another Sainsburys at Sprucefield.

We never stop in Newry. Its only 40 mins more past Newry by Motorway but better opportunities.

M

Yes sounds like a better idea with lots more options.

I live 20 mins from Newry.

To do an 80 minute round trip passing both a Sainsbury and Tesco just to go to Asda is crazy.

• Advertisement
    M

Yes not ideal but would save €150-200 on what it would cost in those at the minute.

Advertisement