If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Replacing a van and commercial tax

  • 03-05-2021 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭ harringtonp

    I have a van taxed commercially for 14 years and am looking to replace it. A few years after getting it, I remember having to fill out a declaration form and get it stamped in the local Garda station to renew tax. I only had to do this once off, it wasn't required for subsequent tax renewals.

    I'm looking at a new van and the question is will I have to go through this process again ? In other words is the form I originally submitted linked to me or my current van ?


  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭ Whocare

    Yes you will need to supply a new goods only declaration

  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭ markmoto

    Whocare wrote: »
    Yes you will need to supply a new goods only declaration

    And VAT number as well I think.

  • Registered Users Posts: 8,569 ✭✭✭ K.Flyer

    And a copy of your commercial insurance..

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ Buffman

    In my experience each county council have their own variations on the 'rules' and some may look for things that others won't.

    Probably best to make contact with your local motor tax office and see what they require.

  • Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭ doctorchopper

    markmoto wrote: »
    And VAT number as well I think.

    You can use your pps number instead of vat number

  • Advertisement