Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus in SPAAAAAAACE Reveal Thread

Options
  • 03-05-2021 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

It's music Jim, but not as we know it.
    giphy.gif

Well folks, the entries have been sliced, diced, judged and sorted.

There's just one thing left to do.

Find out if you're the First (Wo)Man on the Chooooooooon
    giphy.gif

Or just another Failed Challenger
    giphy.gif

FIND OUT 04/05/2021 @ 20:00ish

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I forgot to enter, should I just post what I would have submitted ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Rikand wrote: »

PM and I'll see where it fits in. If anyone can sympathize with late entrants...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm sure no one will begrudge Rik from a late entry

Unless he wins of course :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Hyped :D

3f6d1113979a61f27dea03a138424fd8.gif

Just while I'm sitting here giving some songs a re-listen...

If I was entering this in another walrus, I probably would have gone with the song below

Moon is a fantastic film, if anyone hasn't seen it I recommend ye give it a look.

• Advertisement

Oh and Happy Star Wars day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rikand wrote: »

May the 4th be with you Rik ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hyped :D

3f6d1113979a61f27dea03a138424fd8.gif

Also hyped

giphy.gif

:D

Just getting set up here and we'll be ready to roll.

I would like to point out that even though its MAY THE FOURTH DAY, no one sent in a Star Wars themed song.

w3hUyFC.gif

No one picked this absolute banger either. Sad times indeed.

• Advertisement

fixXxer wrote: »

Well no, you asked for space related songs, not vampires :D

Well no, you asked for space related songs, not vampires :D

ITS BY NERF HERDER YOU PHILISTINE :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Weirdly I am currently watching it.

Anyway, lets go. Going to do a straight 21-1 reveal with a little pause for the top 3.

Ari101/Tina Turner/I Can't Stand The Rain

Ari. What's going on? I read your entry and laughed. Then I listened to the song and yes you are exactly right the bleeps and bloops do sound like what a spaceship might sound like. I cannot fault your reasoning and am in no way worried about your state of mind :D However, I am just not a fan of Tina Turner. Her voice does nothing for me and her music is as generic 80’s fluff as you can get. Also, to answer your question I don’t think there is rain in space but there are water clouds. Keep up the stream of consciousness entry messages, I love them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,119 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Here for the reveal

giphy.gif

Sephiroth_Dude/Cyber Zone/CASIOPEA

Sorry Seph, I didn’t like this at all. Its jarring. The different arrangements don’t mesh like they are playing the same song and it has a bit of an aimless feel that instrumentals can suffer from when. It reminded me of the menu music you’d hear when playing Mario Kart, but broken. Nintendo trying to do Jazz music but after being hit on the head by a blue shell. I appreciate being sent something I’ve never heard before but this just wasn’t for me.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So we can keep track, can you number the songs please fixXxer?

The Purple Tin/William Shatner/Rocket Man

This had the best comment under the Youtube link: Rocket KHAAAAAAAAAAAN I wanted to like this. I love Shatners “Has Been” Album and if you’ve not heard it, give it a listen. It’s better than you think it will be. This song though. The stop/start sort of singing, sort of talking made it hard to listen to as a tune. I listened to it several times but didn’t really enjoy any of the listens. A shame, because I didn’t know he’d covered it and was hopeful.

ITS BY NERF HERDER YOU PHILISTINE :eek:
    Didn't know the band could have been space related, that could have opened it up to these heroes....

ae110e27f20bd341d198a431cc671576.1000x1000x1.jpg

Zaph wrote: »
    So we can keep track, can you number the songs please fixXxer?

Updated :o

• Advertisement

Ecto/The End/The Doors

No, sorry. It might be an unpopular opinion but I can't stand the doors. Never could and no matter how often i try i just can't get into them. Sorry Ecto, feel bad placing this so low when your paint threads bring so much punctual joy.

Reberetta/The Pixies/Bird Dreams of Olympus Mons

I love the Pixies. I love them but forget about them for ages then go on a days long binge. Unfortunately, this wouldn’t be a song by them I would usually pick to listen to. It has their signature guitar sound but it’s too sedate, too quiet. It’s a song where not a lot happens. I feel bad about being so down on it, but it really does nothing for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Ecto/The End/The Doors

No, sorry. It might be an unpopular opinion but I can't stand the doors. Never could and no matter how often i try i just can't get into them. Sorry Ecto, feel bad placing this so low when your paint threads bring so much punctual joy.

Philistine. You have terrible taste. Last time I enter one of your stoopid games :p

On a serious note, though, you have terrible taste.

:pac:

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Philistine. You have terrible taste. Last time I enter one of your stoopid games :p

On a serious note, though, you have terrible taste.

:pac:

Ok Chippy :D

Cee_Jay/Air/Cosmic Trip

I usually find Air very boring to listen to so I wasn’t opening this with high hopes. It’s not bad though. A simple start that builds as it goes along. Very pleasant to listen to and I can absolutely get the space vibes from it. Hopeful 80’s Sci-Fi kinda vibe going on here. The problem I have with it is it doesn’t really build enough or to any kind of crescendo and maybe takes a little long to get going. It’s nice though but more background music while I’m doing something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Anyway, lets go. Going to do a straight 21-1 reveal with a little pause for the top 3.

Ari101/Tina Turner/I Can't Stand The Rain

Ari. What's going on? I read your entry and laughed. Then I listened to the song and yes you are exactly right the bleeps and bloops do sound like what a spaceship might sound like. I cannot fault your reasoning and am in no way worried about your state of mind :D However, I am just not a fan of Tina Turner. Her voice does nothing for me and her music is as generic 80’s fluff as you can get. Also, to answer your question I don’t think there is rain in space but there are water clouds. Keep up the stream of consciousness entry messages, I love them.

I have no objection to being last with or without a wooden spoon if giggles are had

giphy.gif

ari101 wrote: »
    I have no objection to being last with or without a wooden spoon if giggles are had

giphy.gif

tumblr_o0p50vi8D51uagck1o1_250.gif

Just for you Ari :cool:

ASLV/Pogo/Data & Picard

LeVar the Renegade going against Star Wars day hard here. It’s a very fun parody song. Its catchy, its not too long and you can tell the guy has a genuine love for the source material. Not part of the ranking, but he really nails the mannerisms of Data. The novelty wears off a bit after a few listens though and it slipped down the ranks compared to other songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

tumblr_o0p50vi8D51uagck1o1_250.gif

Just for you Ari :cool:

Woohoo - my first spoon!

Spoon Paaaaaaaaaaaaaarty.........

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

That reminds me - hope someone went for Star Trekking :D

Advertisement