Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warranty for light switches?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Tren.

Casati wrote: »
    Don’t assume that’s all I know

You don't know as much as you think and I've got over 30yrs experience at it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Thanks for the replies. Both of these switches that failed were harder to press than others but worked fine until they broke - is it likely they were simply faulty from new or could that be a sign of how they were wired - I dunno how say maybe too much wire left scrunched up or something else that could have been avoided?

Could be a bit of plaster or something that fell in and caused a problem.

Light switch replacement is a minor Work and if you are a competent at DIY you can go it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,197 ✭✭✭✭L1011

That doesn't look MK at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

it doesn't look like MK at all
    i don't think MK come with the white covers on switches
    it looks more like the DETA brand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

It is the zoom times. Lads wouldn't get out of bed nor start the van for € 120. They don't want to take an hour or two out of doing other jobs that are paying far more to go change a light switch somewhere.

Changing a light switch is as easy as wiring a plug. You'd have it watched on youtube and done in the time it takes to read the thread.

And that is not an MK switch. If you paid for MK stuff, you were hoodwinked. A lot of that goes on. Job specifies MK and then they will knowingly put in the cheapest stuff available, and if pulled up on it they say "oh! sorry about that missus, twas the eejit apprentice did that"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Casati

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Not a helpful or knowledgeable post in my opinion. No advice given just knocking the trade. If you read the thread then you will see that electrician never said they were MK. Personally I don't think MK are the quality they were 20 years ago anyway. OP said they saw MK boxes & assumed they were MK.

I said they were MK in my first post but I opened one up this evening and they are ESR Sline 302 switches. Some of the other units are definitely MK but not these ones. I requested 'white curved with screw covers' so got what I asked for.

I'll buy a couple of spares so I will have them to hand if another one fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Sartre.

I said they were MK in my first post but I opened one up this evening and they are ESR Sline 302 switches. Some of the other units are definitely MK but not these ones. I requested 'white curved with screw covers' so got what I asked for.

I'll buy a couple of spares so I will have them to hand if another one fails.

Had to be some random brand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭10-10-20

http://esrenterprise.com/?page_id=2

"ESR is a ‘brand new company’ with many years previous experience in the industry. We are a young and innovate company sourcing quality products direct from manufactures worldwide."
    ESR Enterprise Ltd, 65 Creagh Road, Castledawson, Magherafelt, BT45 8EY

Advertisement