Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timeless watch channel

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

If you watched an hour and a half of this complete turd walking around Ireland, please go to your local gp who will refer to a mental health service that can try to help you. Hopefully it's not to late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭mailforkev

The simping in the comments sections of his videos is mortifying, he should set up an Onlyfans and monetise it.

At least his production values are still decent, I unsubscribed a long time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I am with 863bet...have not watched any watch YouTube in months, and even when I was I gave Oisin a wide berth. I had assumed he had vanished up his own hole, but sounds like he is still pickling and big upping himself to numb the pain.

Is any watch youtube still interesting or has everyone lost interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

AMW (Andrew Morgan Watches) the talking hands from watch finder is really the only one I watch nowadays.

His new style isn’t to everyone’s taste (lent heavily into the outrageous thumbnails and hyperbolic video titles) but his voice is so comforting and his macro shots are still mesmerising (hope he can continue to get interesting pieces to shoot now that he’s gone solo).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Just to mention wristwatch revival again. As Creamy has mentioned about AMW, so to do I find Marhsall's voice soothing as feck. I've fallen asleep listening to his videos.

Might not be what you're looking for though as he focuses on older watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭893bet

I admits I watched that Ireland video earlier. Or most of it.

1) some great shots and music. Opening 5 minutes is exceptional.

2) Ichrono Chris meets him randomly in the street.

3) Jesus his voice overs are in sufferable. I mean it’s worth watching just to roll your eyes. It’s unbelievable. At one stage he is video the clouds in a time lapse and goes in his put on deep voice “I feel her calling me, I am coming soon grace” referring his trip that’s coming to mayo where his anchesors ruled …..grace o malley. The level of general cringe is bad.

4) Highlight of the video were the twins he met where one of them forgot his own name as they are so used to answering to both names

Post edited by 893bet on

• Registered Users Posts: 64,779 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yep watched it too and my conclusions exactly. If you can cope with the cringe that is sometimes off the scale, his vids are enjoyable and beautifully made. He missed his calling in life.

He was showing the cells in Killmainham gaol and was talking about how the instigators of the rising were housed there before being executed and litterly said “I as I enter the cell…..I feel my chest tighten…..knowing my character…..if I was alive 100 years ago…..I would have been at home here” or something like that. It’s **** hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

• Registered Users Posts: 64,779 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Yeah, I nearly puked. The cringiest most narcissist thing I have ever heard him say 😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Gabriel Swan

He gets a hard time here man come on bro. He has put out a solid documentary on dublin with a watch connection. It's beautifully filmed, ego aside, plus he's going around watches and wonders giving his point of view. Was there last year and it's not easy to make a coherent stream about it. Just think he's a decent watch guy, not as bad as some say. I personally like his photography.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,430 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

When's your next cringe inducing video out Oisin? Any other historical figures in Ireland you fee a kinship towards, like you should have been there?

Perhaps you see yourself as a reincarnated Brian Boru?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,476 ✭✭✭✭banie01

He can't be the reincarnation of Brian Boru, cos I am and I'll fight anyone who tries to claim my mantle...

The other Oisin can have a choice of weapon, Battleaxe, Sword or Holy Water 😉

a lot around here are watching him 4 years. Seen the incidents with the French girl and Nico. Seen how he has acted drunk on streams on tim write.

When someone shows you who they are….believe them.

He is an arsehole who makes some nice videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭redlead

He probably is an arsehole and does live up his own arse a bit (a lot to be fair), and drinks too much but I don't get the need to sh1t all over the guy like hes committing crimes against humanity. If you just ignore the live streams, his travel videos are excellent. I thought he did a great job with the Ireland video and am looking forward to part 2. He's built a cult of personality around himself with a small dedicated following and that's the bread and butter of the channel now. It doesn't interest me at all but when he goes back to the core of the original channel now and again, it's excellently made stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

He reminds me of conor mcgregor a bit. I can't understand how people can watch him speak for more than 20 seconds and not realise he's such a fake bullshit artist.

Advertisement