Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Necrus Revisited (Part Three) [Closing: 21st May]

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Up to 12 now here, a fine gaggle of Walrusians I must say myself

Deja Boo
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Kolido
    ShaneU
    the purple tin
    Homer J. Fong
    Necrina
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    cee_jay
    ari101
    Barna77

• Registered Users Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

I'll send mine tomorrow Necro. Will try one last investigation for the scene category, I can't find anything that really fits from my POV, so I might go with the rather random selection that I have now.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

We seem to have hit a bit of a wall here with 13 entries so.... I'm gonna give any stragglers till next Friday, 21st May to get their entries in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Necro wrote: »
    We seem to have hit a bit of a wall here with 13 entries so.... I'm gonna give any stragglers till next Friday, 21st May to get their entries in.

I'm pondering...

I am a demon for the deadlines.

14 entrants into the Necrodome! Sign Ups closing Friday... aiming then to have the reveal about a week afterwards, probably two categories a night.

Deja Boo
    Also Starring LeVar Burton
    Kolido
    ShaneU
    the purple tin
    Homer J. Fong
    Necrina
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    cee_jay
    ari101
    Barna77
    Irish Aris
    Trigger

• Advertisement

Final 24 hrs for entries folks, locking her up tight tomorrow evening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Final 24 hrs for entries folks, locking her up tight tomorrow evening!!
    InfatuatedPointedGonolek-max-1mb.gif

Panic stations!
    I think I have 8/10 sorted, should get an entry in hopefully

Usually the last 24hrs brings in a few stragglers alright :pac:

tenor.gif?itemid=8352665

Just a few hours left to enter...

tenor.gif?itemid=8352665

Just a few hours left to enter...
    Is it midnight?
    I've got my list of songs which I could send now, but you know I like to write an essay explaining why each one is the winning entry :D

• Advertisement

Midnight is fine ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

WEEKEND REVEAL

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Is it midnight?
    I've got my list of songs which I could send now, but you know I like to write an essay explaining why each one is the winning entry :D

;) Your Honour, I object, "attempting to influence the judge!"

tenor.gif

:D

Deja Boo wrote: »
    ;) Your Honour, I object, "attempting to influence the judge!"

tenor.gif

:D
    Actually, don't have time for essays, I'll just explain to Necro why your choices are terrible :D

tumblr_mp2faa4IWG1r3o2ado1_250.gif

...and I'm in :)

gif?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F13%2F2017%2F10%2F27%2Fhathat.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Actually, don't have time for essays, I'll just explain to Necro why your choices are terrible :D

That's easy ;) cos...
    giphy.gif
    tumblr_mp2faa4IWG1r3o2ado1_250.gif

giphy.gif

We're speaking of winning the wooden spooen award, riiiight? ;) cos hands down I got this! :p

:D I am quite confident I won the movie scene one! (low score or high, matters not!) :pac:

45 mins left if any stragglers wanna turbo an entry to me ;)

Gonna strike it as unlikely but however...

16 entrants is a nice figure. Aiming to start revealing sometime next week depending on WW commitments, likely the end of week maybe Friday but could be earlier...

Deja Boo
    Kolido
    ShaneU
    the purple tin
    Homer J. Fong
    Necrina
    JP Liz V1
    Sawduck
    cee_jay
    ari101
    Barna77
    Irish Aris
    Trigger
    fixXxer
    Electric Nitwit

And of course as always....

5ahmr5.jpg

Have given all ten categories first proper run through and ratings as of this eve. Three more relistens required for each to see if my opinions change on any song.

Favourite categories (and toughest to rank) so far:

Musical songs
    Driving Miss Walrus
    Summertime

Scene Music is very interesting as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I forgot to enter but looking forward to the reveal :)

Penciling in the first round reveal of this for circa 9pm this evening....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Penciling in the first round reveal of this for circa 9pm this evening....
    Yipee! :) It feels like Boards has been on a Walrus diet lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Yipee! :) It feels like Boards has been on a Walrus diet lately.

2 weeks between reveals is too much for you ? :D

Rikand wrote: »
    2 weeks between reveals is too much for you ? :D
    Was that the quick space-walrus? I can't believe I bottomed out in that one: My pick had not one, not two, but three Captain Kirks singing Rocketman! You can't get more spacey than that.
    Then the Easter one before that.

It seems like absolutely ages since a normal Walrus was on.
    Some of them take a couple of months between category reveals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Was that the quick space-walrus? I can't believe I bottomed out in that one: My pick had not one, not two, but three Captain Kirks singing Rocketman! You can't get more spacey than that.
    Then the Easter one before that.

It seems like absolutely ages since a normal Walrus was on.
    Some of them take a couple of months between category reveals :(

Poor Rikand's Walrus II doesn't count? ;)
    He's only half way through and only a week and a half since the last category :D

Planning one category per night but Rikand has the Friday slot so will probably skip that night (or if anything else is planned on the forum, don't want to be too greedy)

The multi category night reveals are fun but very draining, I don't think there will be one of those this time out

Ok maybe one. Not tonight though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

Planning one category per night but Rikand has the Friday slot so will probably skip that night (or if anything else is planned on the forum, don't want to be too greedy)

The multi category night reveals are fun but very draining, I don't think there will be one of those this time out

Ok maybe one. Not tonight though :pac:

If you are going for 9pm reveals, I can share a night with you for my PEEHS at some stage? I'm happy to go beforehand like 7.30 ish, if that is ok? It will be whenever I am freed up, etc. so might be next week at this stage due to multiple commitments.

ari101 wrote:
    If you are going for 9pm reveals, I can share a night with you for my PEEHS at some stage? I'm happy to go beforehand like 7.30 ish, if that is ok? It will be whenever I am freed up, etc. so might be next week at this stage due to multiple commitments.

Whenever suits you Ari, I can hold off that night or go later than ya whichever suits best

ari101 wrote: »
    Poor Rikand's Walrus II doesn't count? ;)
    He's only half way through and only a week and a half since the last category :D
    Oh gosh yes. :o Rik's and Shaney's fastest ever one, my mind is playing tricks.

Reveal Thread now LIVE!

• Advertisement
Advertisement