Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing concrete floor

Options
  • 01-05-2021 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have an old glass conservatory and I want to get rid of the floor. It's a tiled concrete floor and I was wondering what my options are for getting the floor up. If I were to do it myself, what's the best way to get the floor broken up? And if I were to get someone else to do it, who would I typically talk to about this and ball park figure? Floor is 10m squared in size. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

https://www.aldi.co.uk/ferrex-jack-hammer/p/802984430649000

Would you mind outlining what the plan is once the concrete is removed?

If you’re going to that trouble, would it be easier to remove the whole glass house? Certainly be easier to get a contractor in with a proper machine to demolish.. good access?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CorkGunJonny

Cool! Ill look into a jack hammer. Do you know if aldi offer that in ireland?

No idea on the plan yet. I have spoken to an architect technician and first job is to see if the floor is on a slab or if there are foundations, in which case the floor could be used for an extension but im thinking worse case scenario where the floor wouldnt support an extension and id want to remove the entire glass house.

Advertisement