Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweet Tooth [Netflix]

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Delighted this was renewed. A feel good post apocalyptic show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Indeed with extra added wholesome and heart

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It really was; and it's a very tricky balance to get right. Too easy to swerve into full-on saccharine mode when aiming for "wholesome" - while the show never completely ignored the post-apocalyptic inhumanity either.

Despite having a child protagonist, not entirely sure it'd be a suitable one for children to watch though. While given noted examples with Ozark & Stranger Things, I hope the producers have a plan in case of growth spurts lol

He's a chimera, that is all the handwaving they will need to counter that...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yep. And since it's a post apocalyptic world there's not a lot of transport so time jumps can be done when long distances need to be travelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I’m only getting to watch season 1 now - I love it and am very surprised at the lack of discussion here about it.

I just finished episode 4 and I am very curious about Bobby. I don’t know if spoiler tags are necessary but I will use one anyway.

Why is he more animal than human like the other hybrids are?

Is he the opposite of Gus and Wendy and actually an animal born with human traits? Or is this what happens to hybrids when they are wild?

I’m not asking for the answer but do want to know if an explanation is given in the comic as this would mean we will be told eventually.

Also I am assuming that Amy and Wendy’s story is actually taking place at least several months before the rest of the episode since this was the beginning of the Preserve and in episode one a plane was dropping leaflets.

Nonso Anozie has been nominated for an Emmy and BAFTA for this show as a supporting actor but shouldn’t he be nominated as the lead since he has the top billing?

No idea of the billing but I'd have thought Sweet Tooth himself was the ostensible lead, Anozie's character his chaperone.

Hadn't realised there were any nods for this; thought it had broadly snuck under the radar, which was a shame.

Gus and Big Man are both the central characters.

Nonzie appears first in the credits though.

So the awards should be for lead role - both actors should be considered.

Teaser trailer for what's probably the only post-apocalyptic show I can stand to watch. The season's arriving April 27.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Looks like they've kept the effort up for season two.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,857 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think it'll come back to me, but must see if I can find a decent recap.

Or maybe just a complete rewatch.

season two is out today..

• Registered Users Posts: 85,378 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed for 3rd Final Season

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,307 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Teaser for the final season. Arrives June 6.

Advertisement