Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

bus to/from helix theatre

  • 28-04-2021 9:56pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭ bobbyss


    Not been there before. What's the most regular bus to the helix theatre fron O'C Street?
    What bus should i take to get back to town? Will walk to get a more regular buses if the nearest stop is less regular.
    Thanks


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ athlone573


    bobbyss wrote: »
    Not been there before. What's the most regular bus to the helix theatre fron O'C Street?
    What bus should i take to get back to town? Will walk to get a more regular buses if the nearest stop is less regular.
    Thanks

    Any of the bus routes that go up the ballymun road, check on Google Maps. Get off at the slipper pub and walk through dcu. Same in reverse to get back to town.


  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Peregrine


    bobbyss wrote: »
    Not been there before. What's the most regular bus to the helix theatre fron O'C Street?
    What bus should i take to get back to town? Will walk to get a more regular buses if the nearest stop is less regular.
    Thanks

    Take the 4, 9, 11, 13 or 155. Get off outside the DCU Ballymun Road entrance and walk to The Helix through campus.

    Or take the 1, 16, 33, 41 or 41b/c/d. Get off near Collins Avenue on Swords Road and walk to DCU through Collins Avenue. This takes a bit longer.

    There's also the 44 which is once an hour or so but brings you directly to The Helix.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭ bobbyss


    Peregrine wrote:
    Take the 4, 9, 11, 13 or 155. Get off outside the DCU Ballymun Road entrance and walk to The Helix through campus.

    Peregrine wrote:
    Or take the 1, 16, 33, 41 or 41b/c/d. Get off near Collins Avenue on Swords Road and walk to DCU through Collins Avenue. This takes a bit longer.

    Peregrine wrote:
    There's also the 44 which is once an hour or so but brings you directly to The Helix.


    That's good thanks. I will need to get back to town from Helix quickly by bus. What would the best option be?


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 43,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭ magicbastarder


    if you go to the stop on ballymun road, the quickest would probably be the 9 or the 4, though it may be that the fastest bus into the city centre is the one which arrives first.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭ StreetLight


    If you find it hard to get a seat on one of the longer established routes, you should have a better chance on the 155. It is a route that was introduced recently and people still seem afraid to use it, even though it mirrors the 4 and 9 between the city and Ballymun Road.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ athlone573


    They all should stop at the same bus stop (at or near the carlton cinema) so just hop on the first one that arrives. If you're the only person at the bus stop you may need to hold your arm out to "hail" it.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭ bobbyss


    athlone573 wrote:
    They all should stop at the same bus stop (at or near the carlton cinema) so just hop on the first one that arrives. If you're the only person at the bus stop you may need to hold your arm out to "hail" it.


    Good stuff. Will google where that cinema is. If i catch a bus from there at about 5:30pm how long do you think it would take to get into O'C Street? I have to make it in by a certain time to get a connecting bus.


  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ athlone573


    bobbyss wrote: »
    Good stuff. Will google where that cinema is. If i catch a bus from there at about 5:30pm how long do you think it would take to get into O'C Street? I have to make it in by a certain time to get a connecting bus.

    No idea as its rush hour so if you're on a tight schedule I would call a taxi using the app


  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 43,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭ magicbastarder


    bobbyss wrote: »
    Good stuff. Will google where that cinema is.
    it hasn't been a cinema for decades, mind.


Advertisement