Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sex Tips from the Bishops for Teenagers

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭BingCrosbee

Odhinn wrote: »
    You think they acted out of altruism?

Sorry, could you explain, with respect?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Sorry, could you explain, with respect?

Essentilally the church did what it did in order to insert itself as the major player for the "hearts and minds" of the population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,543 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Odhinn wrote: »
    Essentilally the church did what it did in order to insert itself as the major player for the "hearts and minds" of the population.

It's far from the benevolent and Christian facade it portrays.

One thing I always remembered from my convent school days was the story about Jesus seeing a temple being used as a marketplace. "No money in the house of God" (I'm paraphrasing).

Yet book any religious service and you'll be advised fairly sharpish of the minimum contribution. Bury a loved one who wanted a religious service and the undertaker will tell you the minimum acceptable amount for the priest and altar boys. Sure there no money in The Vatican after all ...

That's mild compared to the abuse and denials that we've all become familiar with, yet we're supposed to accept that apparently celibate bishops (with some notable exceptions) are best placed to devise sex education with a Catholic ethos.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,139 ✭✭✭Odhinn

It's far from the benevolent and Christian facade it portrays.

One thing I always remembered from my convent school days was the story about Jesus seeing a temple being used as a marketplace. "No money in the house of God" (I'm paraphrasing).

Yet book any religious service and you'll be advised fairly sharpish of the minimum contribution. Bury a loved one who wanted a religious service and the undertaker will tell you the minimum acceptable amount for the priest and altar boys. Sure there no money in The Vatican after all ...

That's mild compared to the abuse and denials that we've all become familiar with, yet we're supposed to accept that apparently celibate bishops (with some notable exceptions) are best placed to devise sex education with a Catholic ethos.

This episode show the true face of the church
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_and_Child_Scheme

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

I had to laugh at that one...

Can a woman have a penis?

yes, if she chooses.As many as she wants

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

Just came across another piece of useful information for those who still think non Catholics are "accommodated" by Catholic Schools. A school enrolment form states that if you wish for your child to be excused from Religious instructions in the school "it will not be possible for my child to be outside the classroom during these lessons and that I, as a parent/ guardian must remove my child from the school if I do not want them to hear the Religion lesson".

A nice handy extortion number to ensure new fodder is supplied to this organisation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,151 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

techdiver wrote: »
    Just came across another piece of useful information for those who still think non Catholics are "accommodated" by Catholic Schools. A school enrolment form states that if you wish for your child to be excused from Religious instructions in the school "it will not be possible for my child to be outside the classroom during these lessons and that I, as a parent/ guardian must remove my child from the school if I do not want them to hear the Religion lesson".

A nice handy extortion number to ensure new fodder is supplied to this organisation.

Huh?

When I was in secondary they just let me go on my own way to a study hall instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

Overheal wrote: »
    Huh?

When I was in secondary they just let me go on my own way to a study hall instead.

This is primary school. Whilst I sympathise with the resource restrictions I'm sure there are ways to work around it, but the "Board of management" (i.e. The Church) are leveraging it to leave a parent with little choice. Either quit working or allow my child to be indoctrinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Overheal wrote: »
    Huh?

Yeah nice move huh? Sounds like a pretence to facilitate the supposed right to "opt out".

Merely sticking the child at the back of the class room and "othering" them.

But in fact the child is still in the class room and is still going to hear all the indoctrination and fantasy nonsense that they are supposedly opting out of.

The excuse I guess is usually they do not have the resources to accommodate them anywhere else in the school in any way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

Isambard wrote: »

Advertisement