Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewpoint

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

siblers wrote: »
    Unless something changed, I could access the ITV hub a few weeks ago without a VPN

No this was nefore the lockdown. It's true that it didn't say "Access is denied from your country" or whatever it is the BBC says when the VPN is off or not working, it was just a "not available" message, which I took to be because I wasn't in the UK. I'll give it another go some time, thanks. (Though I'm not in Ireland either, I'm in continental Europe, so maybe that changes something too)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

this is probably his best on screen performance to date...

good speech just a pity its coming from the mouth of an a$$hole (alleged a$$hole)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,210 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Penn wrote: »
    Noel Clarke apologising for his actions and says he's going to seek professional help, but denies any criminal wrongdoing

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56948644.amp

So it seems there's definitely truth to some or most of the allegations.
    I didn't do anything however I'm going to get professional help to educate myself and change for the better.

I doubt he will be working anywhere for a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭volchitsa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I doubt he will be working anywhere for a long time

Meh he'll probably do a Louis CK and be back in short order, having thought about it and realised how wrong he'd been, and all will be forgiven. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 31,876 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

volchitsa wrote: »
    Meh he'll probably do a Louis CK and be back in short order, having thought about it and realised how wrong he'd been, and all will be forgiven. :mad:
    Louis CK isn't really back though?
    He hasn't had a TV or film role since....he released a stand-up special...through his own website I think.
    I don't see Clarke coming back from this either given the sheer volume of accusations and the fact more are coming out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭donaghs

fryup wrote: »
    this is probably his best on screen performance to date...

good speech just a pity its coming from the mouth of an a$$hole (alleged a$$hole)

He seems to be suggesting in the speech that by winning an award, he defeated a racist conspiracy which was preventing people with dark skin from succeeding in life in the UK.

I think the fact that its so common-place now to throw around racial/racist,
    statements is dangerous for the cohesion of societies. Focusing on peoples differences, making public racial statements of society-wide bias without supporting evidence.

In his statement responding to the allegations of harassments etc, he does make an denial, but only after telling everyone how "diverse" and "inclusive" he is.

“In a 20-year career, I have put inclusivity and diversity at the forefront of my work and never had a complaint made against me. If anyone who has worked with me has ever felt uncomfortable or disrespected, I sincerely apologise. I vehemently deny any sexual misconduct or wrongdoing and intend to defend myself against these false allegations.”

Familiar story, Weinstein etc, wearing the clothes of progressivism, while acting differently towards other human beings.

Advertisement