Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Boards PW Draft - The Slammies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Uncle Walt

WOW! I'm shocked! thank you! i definitely got lucky with my picks, and my system of picking the best available pick each round FINALLY paid off!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Whilst Walt pops the champagne after a top year of drafting, we move onto our second big category. Some say this is the one most want to win...

BEST WRITE-UPS

And so to the write-ups, last year beakerjoe claimed this prize, will lightning strike twice?

This one was an epic contest... let's show our rankings from 10 to 6 first however

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Uncle Walt wrote: »
    WOW! I'm shocked! thank you! i definitely got lucky with my picks, and my system of picking the best available pick each round FINALLY paid off!

Top choice by a good margin in my votes any who, puts you in with a shot overall as your graphics alone probably netted you some write up /overall votes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In TENTH Place with 58 points
    paulie21

In NINTH Place with 61 points
    JP Liz V1

In EIGHTH Place with 71 points
    A Brad Maddox Guy

In SEVENTH Place with 81 points
    Wrestlemaniac

In SIXTH Place with 89 points
    Uncle Walt

Some excellent writeups here, well done to our placers!!

And so to our top 5. This was absolutely insanely close this year, as the following scores will show. It went back and forth and round the house with each player leading at one point until the last few sets of votes finally saw the winner start to emerge….

• Advertisement

In FIFTH Place, with a phenomenal score of 125 points…

BOUNTY HUNTER!!

Just insane to think that BH’s shows finished 5th, really does show the quality this year. And really, it was so close to being higher…

Because....

In FOURTH Place with 126 points

MR GUAPPA!!!

One point separates BH and Mr G – I know everyone spoke of it being tough this year to pick a winner and I can only agree, I spent ages agonizing over my own votes for this category.

And it doesn’t get any closer for Mr G to being on the podium… because…

In THIRD Place with 127 points

MR.NICE GUY!!!!

The 5 time champion wins a squeaky bum time three way dance to get his fingertips just slightly ahead and onto the podium for this year. Absolutely nothing separating the three really and huge credit to them all, but congrats to MNG for a podium finish.

Speaking of podiums, we need to have a winner

So will beaker retain his crown or is it going to the host with the most, yours truly??

In SECOND Place – with 133 points

NECRO

All I can say is, Wow. Absolutely stunned and delighted to get so many votes folks.

Which of course means that our winner is…

With 140 points

BEAKERJOE!!!

I mean it showed in the Slammies. Moxley, WALTER, Jake Roberts, Cena, Bayley and even the comedy bits. A deserving winner absolutely. Congrats Joe, that was a tough old battle this year to retain the write up crown and you rose to the challenge and emerged as the victor.

Usually a good indicator of where the overall title goes as well… but not always as Bounty Hunter, the defending champion proved last year…

I have to run out for an hour now but will post the overall category when I get back. Congrats to the winners so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Did White Wolf not place, I really am surpised he didnt make the top 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

beakerjoe wrote: »

Work got away from me unfortunately. I didn't vote.

Congrats to everyone anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,707 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Yeah, same. I really enjoyed his write ups and had him ranked 6th.

Congrats on your own write-up victory beaker. Richly deserved with so many expertly written feuds and characters.

Happy out to take 4th as well myself... just glad people enjoyed reading it. I had a blast with the writing once I got stuck in.

Really happy to win and flattered.

Necro got ne back into it last year and set the fire in me again. So without him, I wouldnt be playing.

But my write up is nothing on its own, the standard of the top 5 really pushed me to try make my ideas work. My top 4 votes between MNG, Mr G Necro and BH was hard to call. Well done guys

beakerjoe wrote:

Think he would have without the bonus votes.

Just picking up my wife and kids at the moment, my mother had them out hill walking and hurt her ankle so Mountain Rescue was called.

Dad off to hospital with her and no lift home for the others so will resume shortly.

No more than an hour I'd say.

Necro wrote: »

Just picking up my wife and kids at the moment, my mother had them out hill walking and hurt her ankle so Mountain Rescue was called.

Dad off to hospital with her and no lift home for the others so will resume shortly.

Im at a family BBQ so Im in no rush

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Very deserving winners in the main categories so far and I think (could be mistaken) I voted both Walt & Joe respectively no.1 in each one. That leaves me with a 3rd place and a 5th place finish thus far (although the 5th was rediculously close to 4th and 3rd) so it's looking like the respectable finish I was hoping for back all those months ago which would also allow the champ to go out on his back. A la the Undertaker there may always be one last ride in me but I came very close to not entering this year but I am very happy I did and in particular would like to thank one man.
    host-year-award.jpg

Winner by a landslide...
    Necro!

Cheers Bounty :D

Ok I'm back and let's get the main event kick started

BEST OVERALL

So the question was asked a bit earlier about what the difference for the Best Overall was against Best Write-Ups.

For me, the difference is that you might absolutely love someone’s roster, but prefer other write-ups. This is where you can combine your love for a roster and a write-up, if you wish.

Sometimes it shows in the voting where we have Uncle Walt winning the Best Roster, and Beakerjoe winning Best Write-Ups…

Will that be the case here? Let’s find out…

TgbEodD.jpg

In TENTH Place with 58 points

JP Liz V1!!!!

In NINTH Place with 62 points

paulie21!!!

In EIGHTH Place with 75 points

A Brad Maddox Guy!!!

In SEVENTH with 80 points

Wrestlemaniac!!!!

In SIXTH with 90 points

Uncle Walt!!!!!

Well done to all of the above, a great year for the draft and it wouldn't have worked without your votes so thank you guys.

AlienatedQuerulousKittiwake-small.gif

And so to our top 5 again. Voting was very close here once more, with several of the top 5 leading at various different stages. Let’s see how it reflects in the voting….

tenor.gif

• Advertisement

In FIFTH with 121 points

MR GUAPPA!!!

A fabulous effort from Mr G as always, solid roster and excellent write ups. And hopefully he won’t feel too downhearted… especially when he sees the next scores…
    The GWA is always competitive and this year is no different.

tumblr_inline_pahp7tfOnj1rjl8iq_500.gifv

In FOURTH place with 123 points

BOUNTY HUNTER!!!

giphy.gif

It won’t be two in a row unfortunately for the defending champion.

You know it’s been a brilliant year for the contest when Bounty finishes outside the podium places.

A top class roster and an epic card, all whilst trying to juggle a young baby and in a different timezone, well done BH.

And so to our podium places. We already know there will be a different name etched on the trophy this year with Bounty finishing fourth… but.. will it be a new name entirely… or will a dynasty be reborn? Let’s find out…

AJ-Lee-Victory-Celebration-On-WWE-Gif.gif

In THIRD Place with 132 points

NECRO!!

I3lnCZS.gif

Third place overall, wowsers. I’m absolutely delighted to be on the podium for each of the big awards. The competition was so fierce this year and I genuinely expected to finish outside the top three. Thanks for the votes folks, it's nice to have the work appreciated :D

So nope, we’re going to see a dynasty reborn here, no new name on the trophy.

Question is… will it be Mr.Nice Guy collecting 6 – count em – SIX – PW Draft victories….

6da3d2163b54e6cd28b50b7264b544ca.gif

OR

Will beakerjoe become only the second person to EVER win three PW Drafts….

giphy.gif

The winner….

AND

NEWWWWWWWWWWWWW

THREE TIME PW DRAFT CHAMPION…..

BEAKERJOE!!!

Simpsons_-_Jasper.gif?v=1

IC6E.gif

Congrats to the new champ – a big score pulled in here with 137 points the winning score…

It’s hard luck to MNG again, having to settle for second place two years running now unfortunately.

Again though, an incredibly impressive score, only 3 points in it in the end. 134 points to the FIVE TIME DRAFT CHAMPION!

But for now, we celebrate our new PW Draft Overlord for the coming year, congrats to JOE

tenor.gif?itemid=12572173

And for anyone who wants to take a look at the votes... (the tables are too big to paste onto boards)

PW Draft Spreadsheet

PW Draft Winners Honour Roll:

2008 - RebelRockChick
    2009 - flahavaj
    2010 - Gerard.C
    2011 - flahavaj
    2012 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2013 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2014 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2015 - Bounty Hunter
    2016 - beakerjoe
    2017 - beakerjoe
    2018 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2019 - Mr.Nice Guy
    2020 - Bounty Hunter
    2021 - beakerjoe

And just a quick recap on our Slammies :

PW DRAFT CHAMPION (BEST OVERALL): beakerjoe

BEST WRITE-UPS: beakerjoe

BEST ROSTER: Uncle Walt

Superstar of the Year: Big E (Necro)

Best Female Star: Becky Lynch (Necro)

Face of the Year: Darby Allin (Mr Guappa)

Heel of The Year: Jake ‘The Snake’ Roberts (beakerjoe)

Feud of The Year: The New Day VS The New World Order (Necro)/WALTER VS John Cena (beakerjoe)

Match of The Year: Becky Lynch VS Trish Stratus (Necro)

Best Repackaged Star of the Year: Fake News Barrett (wrestlemaniac)

Tag Team of The Year: New Age Outlaws (Bounty Hunter)/World’s Greatest Tag Team (Mr.Nice Guy)

Faction of The Year: Hollywood Connection (Mr Guappa)

Draft Pick of The Year: Jake Roberts (beakerjoe)/DIY (Bounty Hunter)

Under-Rated Draft Pick of the Year: Stu Hart (Mr Guappa)

LOL Moment of the Year: Elias in concert/Heath Slater’s antics (beakerjoe)

Best Draft Newcomer of The Year: The White Wolf

Celebrity Draft Pick of The Year: Dana White (Bounty Hunter)

OMG Moment of The Year: Jon Moxley costs WALTER the BCW Title (beakerjoe)

• Registered Users Posts: 85,345 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I forget he was a newbie, very impressive debut

Well done winners and thanks Necro, congrats Joe

• Registered Users Posts: 85,345 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Necro wrote: »

I hope all good with your mam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Congrats Joe.

Advertisement