Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

La Doyenne/Liege-Bastogne-Liege 25/04/21 *Warning, spoilers*

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,069 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Carapaz DQ'd for the supertuck

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

retalivity wrote: »

Pretty sure Pello Bilbao did something similar in the Basque country to stay within the rules, but he got away with it. Even just touching the saddle with your Nat King Cole is outlawed under the new rules.

Carapaz will be the butt of a few jokes onboard the Ineos bus, no doubt!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

retalivity wrote: »

I was watching the race and noticed Carapaz, and thought I had misunderstood what the super tuck was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mewso wrote: »
    Whats the beef with Valverde? Tainted by allegations amongst all those obviously clean riders?
    Documents and DNA evidence in Fuentes Lab, so I suppose technically never tested positive :pac:

He's biggest black mark is being completely unrepentant. I don't think he's ever really acknowledged he served a ban, let alone apologised!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Brian? wrote: »
    Banned for doping, not “tainted by allegations”. Huge difference
    breezy1985 wrote: »
    No actually caught and banned in the past
    Macy0161 wrote: »
    Documents and DNA evidence in Fuentes Lab, so I suppose technically never tested positive :pac:

He's biggest black mark is being completely unrepentant. I don't think he's ever really acknowledged he served a ban, let alone apologised!

Thanks had forgotten he was actually done. Was genuinely curious about the hate. Not having a dig. Although I am one of those people who assumes they are all at it so no real strong feelings about those who are caught but certainly get the unrepentant thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,677 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Pretty sure Pello Bilbao did something similar in the Basque country to stay within the rules, but he got away with it. Even just touching the saddle with your Nat King Cole is outlawed under the new rules.

Carapaz will be the butt of a few jokes onboard the Ineos bus, no doubt!:D

I mean descending with a finger on the button like that could be very dangerous if you hit a bump

• Registered Users Posts: 9,305 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mewso wrote: »
    Thanks had forgotten he was actually done. Was genuinely curious about the hate. Not having a dig. Although I am one of those people who assumes they are all at it so no real strong feelings about those who are caught but certainly get the unrepentant thing.
    I don't really hate him. He's not one of my favorites, but that's more his tactics than his doping to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,328 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Macy0161 wrote: »
    I don't really hate him. He's not one of my favorites, but that's more his tactics than his doping to be honest.

He's possibly the worst wheel sucker in the history of cycling

• Registered Users Posts: 24,677 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Daroxtar wrote: »
    He's possibly the worst wheel sucker in the history of cycling

My first real memory of his was post ban where he marked his own teammate in the WC in a 3 man finale that cost Rodriguez and Spain the win

Advertisement