Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

The study wasn't actively testing the participants. It relied on self reported positive results.

So alternative explanations for the findings, some of which are discussed in the study limitations could be:

Or, the more likely you are to be engaged with the booster programme, the more likely you are to engage with the testing programme, and the more likely you are to report a positive result. Bearing in mind infections can be asymptomatic.

Or, the more likely you are in a high risk clinical role, the more likely you are to engage with the booster programme.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

wow, talk about torturing the data until it says what you want to hear!

It doesn't matter what actual variants you had, but the fact that you're vaxxed and have had more than one dose of covid is all we need to know.

Torturing the data? From someone 'torturing' a pre-print study?

This is listed as one of the study limitations. Entirely reasonable to suggest that their 'mitigation' effect is not as strong as they assume.

Those who chose to receive the bivalent vaccine might have been more worried about infection and might have been more likely to get tested when they had symptoms, thereby disproportionately detecting more incident infections among those who received the bivalent vaccine. This risk is mitigated by the time-dependent treatment of bivalent vaccination, because with such treatment, risk of disproportionate detection is actually in the opposite direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

No one claims that the vaccine prevents covid. It was hoped it would. That has been said many times.

There is a reason you are posting your anti-vax rants about your son here. It’s because you know you’d be chased from medical forums for posting nonsense.

• Advertisement

Well that is simply not true, here is one of many articles of the promise that vaccinations would stop the transmission of covid.

Search for the same information without specifying the dates and it is not available as the claim was quietly dropped a few months ago as it was proven to be false.

Here is Fauchi saying that vaccines stop the spread.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,379 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

here is one of many articles of the promise that vaccinations would stop the transmission of covid.

no where in that article does it say that vaccines stop the spread of covid.

it certainly says they reduce the spread, and in April 2021 Delta was the prevalent variant, and the vaccine did do a good job of reducing the transmission

are you projecting again??

Not at all, we all know that most people will only read the first few lines of most articles, so therefore "yes-vaccines-block-most-transmission-of-covid-19" is all most people saw two years ago.

And they believed it!

so ok, not only did the article not say what you claim it said, but now youre saying that ignorance is reality..... fair enough.... thats a weird world view, but hey.....

There was a FOI request made in the UK relating to hospital admissions for Pericarditis and Myocarditis and here was the response.

These are shocking figures, so what changed in this time period?

Here is the original request to the UK government

[quote]

Dear Great Western Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust,

I would like to know how many confirmed cases and suspected cases of Myocarditis and Pericarditis you have recorded for the years...

Yours faithfully,

Mr Shaun King

[/quote]

You do not need to be an anti-vaxxer to see that there is something wrong here.

Questions,

What has caused such a sudden rise in cases?

Could it be caused by these people having an adverse reaction to something, and if so, what?

while 2020 cannot be related to vaccines what caused the rise?

• Advertisement

Could it be caused by these people having an adverse reaction to something, and if so, what?

perhaps it just might be something that is known to cause rises in cases of Myocarditis and Pericarditis and was very prevalent........ like ... ermmm..... THE COVID PANDEMIC

Well given that it shows the surge starting in 2020, and only small number of vaccinations occurred in December 2020, I'm going to say it strongly suggests covid itself was the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

The vaccines significantly reduce the chance of hospitalization and death from Covid.

Early trials also showed high effectiveness against infection, however there have been many variants and mutations. Hence we've needed boosters.

As that is the case, it also proves that the vaccines did not provide protection against Myocarditis and Pericarditis

Does it? First you were implying that vaccines were causing those conditions, until it was pointed out to you you had got the basic timelines wrong.

And again here, you are making a definitive statement of fact without foundation.

What were the timelines of the occurrence of the conditions versus vaccine rollout over the course of 2021?

What approximate percentage of the cases were in vaccinated versus unvaccinated, accounting for age?

These are some of the questions \ data you would need to provide to be in a position to make such a big claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Hope your son gets better soon. I live in Stockholm. People just went about their normal lives here while the rest of this planet lost their minds the last few years. It’s hard to fathom the broken minds of the people you are trying to convince here but that is unfortunately the reality of the situation. Parents ACTUALLY believe they need to give these shots to their perfectly healthy children. They have been fooled so they truly are doing it out of love.

Post your information because it’s important to help whoever you can but don’t get upset at irrational minds who can’t see what’s right in front of them. I’m sure you know the parable of the drowning man.

Practically everyone I know and work with, including myself got the first strain of covid, long before any Pfizer, astra zeneca or Moderna were available. Every single person I know was back to perfect health after a few days. I lost my sense of taste for a while. I can’t speak for anyone else but this is my experience. I only know of a few people who ended up in hospital because of their covid shot. Thats my experience. There are literally thousands of doctors trying to put a halt to these shots but who knows what will happen. All you can do is try to help by posting information and staying happy.

I got a few comments about how dangerous it is to know someone who refuses to take these shots. I have a large family. They are more than aware of what has happened so close to them. Nearly everyone believed what was being told to them at the beginning so they’ve had two doses, almost everyone. Because of what they have seen up to now, none of them are getting boosted. So it’s been equally as dangerous for those that know those who believed in these shots 🤔.

Covid was more than likely synthetically engineered in a lab in China. Vaccine passports were being discussed long before these shots were available.

I’ve vaccinated my kids with safe, effective vaccines. I will continue to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭WealthyB

Lads it's all good, Pfizer are benign altruists who don't care for profits or their shareholders, they only care for our wellbeing. Take whatever medications they suggest and sell, you'll be fine I promise.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

People just went about their normal lives here while the rest of this planet lost their minds the last few years. 

I don't disagree with all this, but definitely some points here (as these seem to crop up a lot here). Sweden decided not to lockdown, they had relatively more deaths than their closest socio-economic neighbours in the first year. This approach was controversial and heavily criticised domestically in Sweden and they later introduced measures and mandates.

Practically everyone I know and work with, including myself got the first strain of covid, long before any Pfizer, astra zeneca or Moderna were available. Every single person I know was back to perfect health after a few days.

I'm happy for you and those you know. Over 6 million people died worldwide in just over 2 years from it. My fit and healthy colleague died in a week.

Nearly everyone believed what was being told to them at the beginning so they’ve had two doses, almost everyone. Because of what they have seen up to now, none of them are getting boosted. So it’s been equally as dangerous for those that know those who believed in these shots 

Boosters reduce the chance of hospitalization and death from Covid.

Covid was more than likely synthetically engineered in a lab in China.

The overwhelming consensus of scientists and experts is that it's zoonotic in origin (came from animals via a host). The origin cannot be confirmed, so other theories, e.g. accidental lab leak cannot be ruled out.

Vaccine passports were being discussed long before these shots were available.

Vaccine requirements have existed for decades. For example you cannot travel to 18 countries without a Yellow fever vaccination.

I’ve vaccinated my kids with safe, effective vaccines. I will continue to do so.

Good. Some people make health and life decisions based on stuff they read on social media, rather than health advice from professionals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Very sorry to hear about your colleague. There was excess mortality in the second quarter of 2020 because there was an unusually lenient flu season 2019. This was followed by a mortality deficit in the third quarter of 2020.

Please look at all cause excess mortality over the last 3 years for any meaningful data but that is more related to lockdowns and the disastrous effects it is now having around the world.

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭patnor1011

More and more data coming from all over the world.

Curious thing is happening in Japan. 2020 which was the height of pandemic without any jabs available and they had the least of excess deaths in Japan's recent history. Year after that they started with covid shots and after third dose booster (started end of 2021 and finished end of last year) they look at excess deaths approximately four times the number of those in the years 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2021.

Looks like we do have pandemic of the vaccinated going on...

Yeah, that is a grifter site

Donate crypto... LOL

I hope for your sake pat you didn't give these jokers anything

• Registered Users Posts: 12,662 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

"expose news"

lol

First of all, this reply does not mean I accept the validity of the figures given the source, there could well be some data cherry picking going on.

But the graph shows a rising trend upwards over the last decade with higher peaks and higher baseline. The trend started well before covid or mRNA vaccines. And we can see the baseline trend rising. Most likely, in line with Japan's aging population. This also suggests the figures are raw and not age adjusted.

What happened between 2015 - 2018 that excess mortality went up, then down then steeply up?

If that had nothing to do with covid vaccines, why is it needed now as an explanation?

So it seems that the the Hospital trust screwed up the FIO request and the data is completely wrong and here is their apology.

Here are the corrected figures.

These figures show almost no significant change over the past 4 years, egg on faces all round!

It leaves open the question of just how many other flawed data sets are there out there and how many of these were used to justify the vaccine rollouts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So the vaccines were not the cause of a rise in hospital admissions then? Glad you cleared that up for us.

They also show that there was no huge increase in admissions due to covid either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

• Advertisement

@[Deleted User] Any comment on the links you posted not stating what you claimed? Why did you post them?

Advertisement