Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,818 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You're doing it again. You bait posters into explaining stuff to you then you reject it.

We had a flat-earther do this for around 20 pages. We have a resident 9/11 truther whose been doing this for, I dunno, at least 5 years.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭hometruths

You're doing it again. You bait posters into explaining stuff to you then you reject it.

I rejected it because he attempted to explain stuff citing data that had nothing to do with the stuff he was attempting to explain.

He might as well have cited data for coffee production in Maynooth for all the relevance it had.

He's explained stuff using nonsense before and I ignored it, but this is the sort of stuff that you then rely on later to say "You're doing it again. You bait posters into explaining stuff but then you reject it."

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

He was in the army. He had to have the shots. 

• Registered Users Posts: 16,506 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I posted the section from the approval document that you took your quote from, verbatim, including the effect against severity of disease, I stupidly tried to be as open as possible and stop any hiding of data, I literally posted the table to try and stop idiots from veering off in another direction, but it looks like idiots have done so anyway.

The data is there, verbatim posted earlier, the table shows lots of positive effects of the vaccines on day 1, the text before it on the limitations also shows the positive effects of the vacccines.

Everything you are posting shows both the positive effects and the excellent safety profile,

You again have nowhere to go and are spinning out about a table I only included to be thorough from the document you linked everyone to. A table which references some of the data from the limitations section.

Again, this is bizarre to watch.

You are literally obsessing over a comment I made a week ago and have now proven categorically to be true, and you still don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

People have heart attacks all the time. Boatbuilders die young like that quite regularly. You don’t seem capable of thinking for yourself. One of my friends died from a brain hermitage aged 12. I’d guess that if covid was around back then you’d have blamed the vaccine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,818 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

People who genuinely want information don't come to conspiracy theory forums. You aren't here for genuine reasons.

Also I knew shenanigans were going on, you are a rename/rebrand of "Schmittel", who was posting copious amounts of "I don't get it" anti-vax material here before.

I literally posted the table to try and stop idiots from veering off in another direction, but it looks like idiots have done so anyway.

Simple question - do you have any clue what the data in the table you posted represented? If so what is it?

I am stating unambiguously that it was Vaccine Efficacy for prevention of covid in two groups a) all ages - First COVID-19 occurrence from 7 First COVID-19 occurrence from 7 days after Dose 2, without prior SARSCOV-2, overall and b) First COVID-19 occurrence from 7 First COVID-19 occurrence from 7 days after Dose 2, without prior SARSCOV-2, Patients aged ≥65

Do you think my interpretation is correct?

If I am correct what does this have to do with the the efficacy on severe Covid?

If I am wrong no doubt you'll relish the opportunity to "explain" why.

Are you prepared to answer the simple question without deflecting?

Go back to your original quote from the approval document, quote the next sentence.

The data in the table is described in the title of the table, which you helpfully posted.

Again, I posted it so that you wouldn't accuse people of hiding data, that you don't understand the severity data and CI is on you not anyone else.

And blows your "they were lucky with vaccines" argument to smithereens.

So, what is your sole argument now? (or are you now obsessing over a table, like you obsessed over my post from a week ago?).

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

So for that decade you are fine with everyone - including yourself - being a lab rat for a vaccine that was rushed out for a virus that Bill Gates now even admits was only basically a cold that affected the very, very old?

Do you have any idea how - when all the propaganda surrounding this event is removed - utterly insane your 'rational' standpoint is?

Just to add, I am not anti-vax and I am well aware vaccines have been an incredible tool. But I would not get into an airplane that wasn't fully tested either. You faith in major corporations and their shareholders is touching to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭buzzerxx

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shillyshilly

comebacks and posting evidence aren't your thing at all, are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Well I didn't partake in the experiment myself, and my gut feeling told me to steer clear.

I mentioned on the thread what Bill Gates admitted about covid being comparable to a common cold now.

I'm not antivaxx myself and in the early day's of the pandemic or whatever you'd call it. I recall the expert's saying that it only really effects the old and vulnerable. So that was good enough for me to trust my immune system. So far so good I'm not aware that I had covid. Never had a close contact either.

I've had to use pharmaceuticals in the past especially for dental pain. For some reason I can handle back pain and tummy pains reasonable enough. But when my teeth flaired up from too much fizzies and in the past or a broken filling. I'd take morphine if I had to. No qualms about that. I'd eat them if I had to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hunt_Morris

It sounds interesting!

Go back to your original quote from the approval document, quote the next sentence.

Sure:

Based on the available limited data, no reliable conclusion on the efficacy of the vaccine against severe COVID-19 can be drawn from 7 days after the second dose (secondary endpoint). The estimated efficacy against severe COVID-19 occurring at least 7 days after dose 2 was 66.4%, with a large and negative lower bound CI (95% CI: -124.8%; 96.3%).

Based on my admittedly lnexpert understanding of the CI, I think the approvers view that no reliable conclusion could be drawn was based on the large and negative lower bound CI. No doubt you'll relish the opportunity to demonstrate your expert understanding if I am wrong.

I'm not accusing you of hiding data, I've never accused anybody of hiding data. Spinning it yes, but hiding no.

I am stating as a fact that you posted data you believed to be showing vaccine efficacy on preventing severe Covid when it was in fact data showing vaccine efficacy preventing Covid - a very significant and foolish error in the context of the discussion we were having.

I'm also stating as a fact that it had to be pointed out to you multiple times before you realised this.

The only positive in that is that it confirms the error was due to utter stupidity rather than any sort of deliberate misrepresentation.

The only thing you have blown to smithereens is your own credibility on this subject or any other.

No I'm terrible at comebacks, and I'm not one bit funny, goes with my username. It's quite perceptible why you posted that comment.

how about the evidence part? or do we just need to take your anecdotes at face value?

Two years isn't enough time to get long term data. I'll let time take care of that.

What's your idea of long term data and results for the covid vaccines ?

We all know they were rolled out at warp speed as they said in America.

But there's no long term results.

I think there is enough long term data... there is a misnomer where people see "it took 10 years to develop x vaccine"...

the majority of that time is spent sitting around waiting on data to be reviewed and requests for the next phase to be allowed to progress... and in the far majority of cases, it's securing funds to get to the next phase...

Phases 1 to 3 are usually covered in a few months each... as we saw with the COVID vaccines, this review process was expedited, and shown this could work....

with regards to the data from it, phases 1-3 usually have a 1 month, 6 month and 12 month follow up.... if there are no negative responses, no further follow ups are done.... (follow ups don't stop the process either, you can have phase 3 trials while phase 1 follow ups are still being completed, you don't have to wait)

Phase 4 trials are where the long term studies are done, and we are seeing the results from them since the start of 2022. Phase 4 trials usually only last 2 years max if no issues have been reported, as regulatory reporting means new approvals need to be commissioned in time for year 5 of marketing (i.e. year 3 they are starting the re-reg process all over again).

From the various COVID vaccine studies (100's of thousands presently, they are the most studied vaccines ever) there is more than enough data out there at the moment to find causality to any issues that may pop up.

Thanks for a very understandable well presented different phases of data etc...Despite all the slagging off and banter I give credit where credit is due.

It's easy to understand and you laid it all out well. Thanks for spending the time to do that.

Despite my attitude, I do appreciate when someone is helpful.

Thanks Shilly

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The only people claiming that anyone ever stated that the vaccines were 100% safe are conspiracy theorists claiming that vaccine manufacturers previously stated that they were 100% safe.

Not sure how I can explain it more clearly for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭MyLove4Satan

The thing is, I'm pretty sure you're gonna parrot the claim again regardless.

this has been covered numerous times in here, but know doubt it'll need explaining again in a few days.

You'll have to keep a copy somewhere. A template or sticky.

As repeated, multiple times, the table was only included for completeness as the paragraph including the measured affected against severe disease with a high CI was already posted twice at that point, that was also the sentence you constantly left out saying that no data on severe disease was available. The interval for severe disease quickly narrowed with other trials and with real world data (coming from Israel initially) driving it to the 90% range as more cases were observed and measured.

Your initial point (are you still sticking by it?) was that they got lucky with effect against severe disease.

This is despite you posting quite clearly the very high confidence very high effect against all symptoms and the (bit you were hiding) 66% result against severe disease with wide CI that the vaccines were approved under.

So you now need to find another attack point on the vaccines. And as the document you are using pointed out, there were no safety concerns.

It's also the last time I'll post completeness of data to one of your requests and everyone can laugh at you as you spin off into random directions of misunderstanding.

Now, is there any other old posts of mine you want to obsess over?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

The one about vaccines for covid having been rushed through, normal timescales not followed, steps missed in the trials etc.

This was all covered in multiple news articles I remember reading back in early 2020 where it was explained how the normal timescale was being speeded up, mostly by skipping the "can we have some more funding please" stages which on their own took years off the development time

• Advertisement

I'm getting tired of posting about the vaccines to be honest. Shilly was able to lay out the process etc

Probably the only one here who was helpful in getting through all the jargon and posting in layman's terms helps.

So I'd say moving on from the vaccines is a good call for me.

Once I have information, what's the point in twoing and frowning.

Advertisement