Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid vaccines - thread banned users in First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

We'll we all shovel **** into the thread, it's great to be able to dumb a steaming pile of shite somewhere. And watch the worms and bacteria do their bit.

Some are here more often than others, like a bunch of bulls around the trough talking about who has the biggest horns and has a shinier coat.

Milking it for all it's worth...it's worth nothing but for some people it's worth everything.

I think it's absolutely fascinating here.

Keep it going, it's great for entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

All of this has been covered in this thread. Denmark decided to stop J&J because at that stage of the pandemic, with most people vaccinated, they could drop the vaccine that, in their view, had the most "issues" in terms of adverse effects.

Why haven't we had a higher vaccination rate? We have a high vaccination rate, I believe the latest is around 95% of Irish adults.

Why would you like to see the contracts, is there "something going on", if so, what is it?

Your position is very confusing, you openly support vaccines but you also seem to want to attack straightforward info about them. Like a strange contrarian on-the-fence view. To ask again:

Are you claiming that we never needed vaccines for this pandemic at all? That the whole thing was basically redundant due to natural immunity?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

But you're lying about it being banned.

And about it "maiming" people.

Why are you lying? What does this gain you other than make you and you fellow anti-vaxxers look silly?

Boosters increase protection. You can get a flu booster every year. It's likely to be similar with Covid.

J&J hasn't "maimed" thousands. No one is claiming that vaccines are completely 100% safe, no one. No matter how many times this is directly explained to anti-vax posters here, they keep repeating the trope, over and over. Like mantra. It's like dealing with a religious cult.

• Advertisement

Vaccines are not 100% safe. Water is not 100% safe. Aspirin is not 100% safe. Air travel is not 100% safe.

All of the above can be described as safe. The term is relative. How adults can't understand this is beyond me.

Ironically, this pandemic has killed more anti-vaxxers than vaccines ever have.

Ah, a few of ye spent all of last year repeatedly proclaiming that vaccines were 100% safe..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Prove it! Show one, just ONE post where anyone claimed that vaccines are 100% safe.

If you fail to provide this proof then that proves to everyone reading this thread that you are a liar!

Post edited by Timberrrrrrrr on

Cool. Link to that post then.

Should be easy for you since we were doing it all last year and repeatedly.

You and your buddies keep claiming this, but you can't seem to actually show it. And whenever you're asked you skulk away again.

That's what's going to happen here again.

Because we all know your accusation is false.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭snowcat

The difference is we can freely choose to take or not take the above. You are not labelled an anti waterer or anti aspiriner if you have any concerns on aspirin or the source of your water for example.

But if you were claiming that there was a giant conspiracy to trick people into taking water or aspirin. Or that these things were actually secretly deadly and there was a conspiracy covering it up. Or that these things were part of a biblical prophesy...

Likewise is people point out that these things aren't true and that they're based on misinformation and ignorance, it doesn't make them "Extreme pro water".

You lot have had 170 pages to point out safety concerns that aren't already known, in the open and accounted for. You can't do it. Which is why you have to keep falling back to innuendo and vague hints. It's why you guys accept and tolerate all the crazy claims.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I should have said they stopped the Vaccine campaign, I wasn't referring to J&J it was all vaccines.

Why can't we see the contracts if nothing is going on, from what I understand we have to pay for was ordered for 2022 and 2023, that's about 4 more boosters for the people who've had 1 or 2 boosters and want more if advised. There's no cancellation option, it would be highly embarrassing for government to have to give away millions of vaccines they've paid for.

You never came back to me on why the age for second boosters changes by County, 50 in the US, 65 in Ireland and EMA saying for over 80's. The science is not clear or coherent, it doesn't make you an anti booster to question the mixed messaging.

It's clear the data was wrong on protection against catching disease and transmission, why else the campaign to take the vaccine for someone else.

Yes I'm saying using a 2yr old jab designed for a lower respiratory condition for boosting against an upper respiratory condition when most people now have natural immunity is a fools errand.

They all have emergency authorization, the emergency is over, the upper respiratory condition can be brought under control without any vaccine.

So you agree that the claim that the J&J vaccine is banned (effectively or otherwise) is false.

And again mate, you're making conclusions that you aren't qualified to make. The answer to those is that you just don't know what you're talking about while the doctors and organisations who disagree with you are qualified.

You've not explained why anyone should take your opinion over theirs. You've demonstrated that we shouldn't take your opinion seriously as it seems to based on a lot of poor sources and your own personal dishonesty and willingness to misinterpret things.

So what do you believe is the real reason for this "mixed messaging"? Why do you believe that governments and medical organisations are still "pushing" vaccination? What has either of these things to do with the safety of the vaccines?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I said yesterday it was false, it wasn't banned.

I'm basing my opinion on listening to different scientist than you, if governments can listen to different advice so can I. There's no emergency now are you saying there is and only vaccine boosters can save us?

How can you say something is safe in a live trial with no medium or long term data, this is the same data I say can't and doesn't exist yet you some how access to but couldn't be bothered to show any of us to back up your false safety claims.

Which scientist? I suspect that it's a case of you just misrepresenting things again. You are misrepresenting me right now in that post. (Where did I say there's an emergency and only vaccine boosters can save us?)

And why do you believe that scientist over the others?

And I can say something is as safe as other medicines because that is what data shows so far. That's what all the previous trials have shown. That's what people monitoring the side effects of the vaccine believe.

On top of that, I have not seen any indications or suggestions of what danger the vaccines might pose.

When I ask you guys to explain what dangers specifically you're worried about, you either avoid the question and give vagueries or you make obviously false claims like the idea that 50% of people will get cancer from the vaccines. When I ask you what vaccine side effects only show up years after the vaccine with absolutely no previous indication, you ignore the question. When I ask you to explain if you believe the previous studies that show the vaccines are safe are invalid or faked or what, you ignore the question.

Just because the vaccines are still being monitored for safety and there's still studies going on, it doesn't mean that the vaccines aren't safe. That's the same kind of black and white kiddie logic you were whinging at someone else about earlier.

Now, you once again avoided some questions I asked:

So what do you believe is the real reason for this "mixed messaging"? Why do you believe that governments and medical organisations are still "pushing" vaccination? What has either of these things to do with the safety of the vaccines?

Is there a reason you're afraid to answer these?

Different countries have different rules. Mask rules, lockdown rules, vaccination rules. The science is the science, however it's down to an individual nation's own decision-making and interpretation. Speed in cars kills, but show me any two countries with the same set of speed limits. Many guidelines/rules/laws/mandates are naturally different from country to country for the same things.

It's interesting you brought this up, Covid conspiracy theorists on this forum used it a lot. They scour for perceived "contradictions" in science or authority in order to attack them. So if mask or vaccine rules were different in one country from another, to them it meant there was something "wrong" with the science and the authorities are "up to something".

I'm just asking questions

Asking questions is perfectly fine. But on this forum, do you ever see any of the anti-vaxxers or Covid conspiracy theorists questioning each other or each other's theories? Rarely if ever. Certain individuals aren't asking questions to get answers, they are "asking questions" as a wedge to cast doubt on a situation or facts in order to hint that "something is going on". It's the Alex Jones school of "explain that!".

Medical professionals still advise that people get vaccinated against Covid, and likewise boosters are recommended. The finer details of which differ from place to place. A bunch of internet posters with contradictory views on a conspiracy forum don't know more than global health experts.

I'm trying to keep this on topic of conspiracy theories, but you don't seem to have any conspiracy theory and I suspect that you are just using this thread as a soft target for your personal beef with Irish Covid rules (likely because you've been thread-banned from other normal discussions on the subject)

Lol Once again, we're 177 pages and 5200 posts deep, and we have to ask them what the conspiracy theory actually is.

Half the anti-vaxxers on the thread have announced that they aren't conspiracy theorists and aren't interested in discussing conspiracy theories.

No one has pointed to any safety issues beyond the ones that medical organizations have already accounted for.

What's the point in this thread beyond a daycare for the posters who've been turfed off the big boy forums because of their anti-vaxxer shite?

This is gonna be a case where you make a claim. Run off when people ask you to prove it. Then come back with some other claim that you also won't substantiate.

Source for J&J causing thousands of strokes please.

This better not turn out to be complete BS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think it was the air stewardess who gave him the initial scoop on the story so we probably have to wait for them to take another flight with the same crew on board.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,458 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

His mates sisters dogsitters friend who works down the local chipper told him.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

I researched the vaccines, it was an easy way out of the pandemic. Pfizer wanted to wait year's before releasing the data.

80,000 page's were released about the data recently I think they were ordered to do so by the courts.

Healthy people who looked after themselves and ate the right vitamins, were fit and healthy and they had a choice, nobody forced them to take it. Supposedly they took it to protect others rather than themselves.

Some vaccine companies and scientist including our own scientist's were saying that if you took the vaccines you'll not get covid. They were wrong They also said that the unvaccinated were clogging up hospitals, the jury is still out on that. Because I haven't seen any evidence of healthy young people who didn't take the vaccines clog up hospitals. And most vulnerable and elderly people took the vaccines.

So who's the unvaccinated clogging up the health services ?

A lot of people caught the virus while in hospital for something else.

More vaccinated people caught covid than they thought, so the whole thing that the vaccines stop people from getting covid wasn't true. It may stop the virus by sending out antibodies, but it doesn't stop people from getting covid. But the chances of covid killing someone was reduced.

Natural immunity for healthy individuals far outweighs having to take the vaccine. While if you're unhealthy and susceptible to picking up anything due to having a bad immune system, or worried about passing it on to someone who's vulnerable you're probably going to feel more secure about your self and others by taking the vaccines.

Another advantage of taking the vaccines is if you didn't want to sit outside in the rain and cold eating or go on the lash in the pub or stay in a hotel with a vaccine certificate you were all inclusive.

Having taken the vaccines was handy to get on a plane and go on holidays and visit other countries, so some people just took the vaccines so they can have a relatively normal life.

Without the certificate your human rights could have questionably been violated. The jury's out on that one,I'm sure there's people working on that behind the scenes.

A high percentage of people who get covid would probably fight it off with natural immunity, and the other minute % could get very I'll from it or possibly die.

So maybe the question is, should healthy young people have taken the vaccines ?

Would boosting yourself with a vaccine for one strain be a benefit to fight off a mutated version ?

But thats not what I am claiming. If i had concerns about my water supply I should be entitled to source alternative water and not be subject to ridicule if I have issues with my water supply. Even though my council tell me it is 100% safe. We have 170 pages of varying opinions on conspiracy theories from the flat earthers to the Vaccines are great..there is no issues..we should all have one for breakfast. In reality there is a middle ground. Which King Mob and other Extreme pro Vaxxers dont acknowledge. Extreme Anti Vaxxers have a similiar point. All vaccines are bad. I dont agree with either. But seemingly i have to be on one ''side''. I am more anti drug and a pill for everything mentality. Vaccines are great, have been great, will be great but like the abuse of any drug I see abuses of vaccines happening for lots of different reasons. I like everyone else waited for the panacea of vaccines but unfortunately they have under performed amd like must drugs been exploited by Pharma for max profit.

Ill give you an example of glyphosate. Your regulatory bodies that you listen to reckon this stuff is safe on your bread carrots etc. The chemical that kills anything it touches. I sort of agree as in it is not going to kill you if you eat a carrot with residue of round up. In the long term though i would personally steer clear. Thats my personal choice even though you may label me as anti-gmo or anti pesticide.

Someone with a modicon of sensibility. Strange in these parts.

If it kills anything it touches, then how do vegetables such as carrots survive? I have a bottle of it here, and I know if it touches a carrot, the poor little orange thing is dead in week or two.

Yes unless it is GMO to withstand roundup. Think about it..

Spray it on your carrot there and have a munch. Darwin awards come to mind

I don’t know how you eat anything that you haven’t seeded yourself and had your original seeds passed down from your parents, grand parents etc if you are so fearful of eating. Anyway, what’s this got to do with the safety of extensively studied and distributed overwhelmingly safe vaccines?

• Advertisement

Yes i have an organic farm eat organic produce. I have no fear of eating. Hows that carrot? Round up is overwhelmingly safe.

Advertisement