Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastway

Options
  • 22-04-2021 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭

I ordered stuff from england and Fastway were meant to deliver it . I got an email saying that it got delivered on Tuesday. I was at home all day , nothing had come . Emailed them again and they wanted more details so I gave it to them and I haven't heard anything back since . I wouldn't care if the package had been delayed but they were adament it's been delivered. t .

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Deal with the company that sold it, the contract is between them and Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭con747

I loathe seeing a parcel is being delivered by Fastway when I can't see the courier delivering until after I buy something. I have never got a delivery yet without having to chase it around the depots even though they have an Eircode and phone number, they say my Eircode is wrong which it is not. The last item a 50" tv took 3 weeks from Dublin to the midlands and was just left at my front door because I didn't know they were delivering it on a Saturday. Luckily I live in the middle of nowhere with few passers by. Hound the company and keep on to Fastway as well, I usually find you will get someone at some stage who will try their best to help.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

whiterebel wrote: »
    Deal with the company that sold it, the contract is between them and Fastway.

If package marked as delivered it would be a long story bouncing back and forward I rather ring Fastway to find out name who signed for the package and perhaps getting the work phone number of courier who delivered.

markmoto wrote: »
    If package marked as delivered it would be a long story bouncing back and forward I rather ring Fastway to find out name who signed for the package and perhaps getting the work phone number of courier who delivered.

You think a company will give out an employee's personal details? Think again.

con747 wrote: »

Fastway is a franchise, every courier vat registered and paid cash to perform deliveries in certain areas on behalf of Fastway

• Advertisement

Fastway is a franchise, every courier vat registered and paid cash to perform deliveries in certain areas on behalf of Fastway

Hence why I stated "a company" and not Fastway. The Franchisee will have employee's.

Hence why I stated "a company" and not Fastway. The Franchisee will have employee's.

Well, I said "perhaps". Courier might ring himself to rectify.
    For years dealing with couriers, I have their mobile work numbers on my phone. If I have any probs I will dial the number directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

No way. It's up to the sender to deal with the courier they have a contract with.
    The OP has a right to a solution in reasonable time from the seller.
    Even if he got the driver's number, the driver will just say he gave it to Peter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Would that be the number many print on the door of their vans?

:D

Darc19 wrote: »
    Would that be the number many print on the door of their vans?

:D

Fastway don't and the few who do, only give the main office/call centre number not the driver's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

That will have been thrown in the general direction of your front door and then the driver will have buggered off.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Are Fastway completely gone Web only now (no contact by phone)? Cant find a working phone number for them anywhere

No phone number for fastway.

They have had a package from the UK in their hub for the past 25 days waiting to clear customs apparently.

I purchased the items from Sports Direct and they won't do anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

I had real problems with them last year when they lost something I was getting sent to the UK. Their web based contact forms were useless and I had tried to contact them through it a load of times.

Eventually found a number for them on the Comreg website. They seem to be the regulators for delivery services.

In that document you'll find a number you can ring for their head office. I was able to get talking to actual people and get updates on my claim. They might claim they only deal with business accounts but I did get status updates when talking to them. Took about 9 months but did get it resolved in the end. Good luck with it, not much fun dealing with Fastway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Can't believe that the Fastway number has gone from the internet.It was a Dublin 15 number (01)524???? Package was probably given to a a neighbour for safekeeping

The Dublin number only directs you back to their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

That's a pity, it worked last year. They really don't want people contacting them, do they.

Nope, disaster of a company, have goods sitting in their central hub as they put it, since August 3rd and have had one replied email with a gruff response about it being waiting to clear customs. 17th August today, still nothing, no advice, no way to contact them by phone, disaster company. Shipper doesn't want to know. Basically it's you'll get it when you get it. Worst company after EIR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

Probably asked a million times but how does one go about claiming for damaged goods from fastway .. was due a fragile delivery from the U.K. from an independent retailer who used his own couriers but once it got to Ireland it was handed over to fastway unfortunately delivery was to be signed for instead it was thrown over side gate and contents smashed to bits . I know I won’t be out of pocket as U.K. shops has refunded me but he is now left out of pocket the guts of €500 , he is getting it extremely hard to make any contact with fastway.

I have the delivery driver on camera walking half way down drive and just flinging it over the gate no attempt to knock or anything. I have forwarded the footage on to the retailer but he is decent and a very small company and don’t like to see him out of pocket.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

He'll have to claim off the courier that handed it to Fastway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ozymandius2011

I have some experience with deliveries by them. Sometimes gated estates can get in the way of deliveries. Is that the issue?

Yeah I was thinking as much he is just getting the run around from them as well.

No a regular estate just a small drive way , I was home at the time he got within 2 foot of our side gate and lobed it over .. I have a ring camera but he was gone by the time I got out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

UK retailer will make a claim against their courier. Probably max £100 unless they had extra insurance. And even then some items such as glass are not covered.

Retailer might be out by £200 - £250 depending on the item

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is there anywhere that you can make a complaint to Fastway for damaging goods in your parcel that they delivered? They done that to me today well yesterday Friday the 7th at this stage but very angry and annoyed about it as had been waiting two weeks for them to come and what does the courier do but fecks delicate goods over my side gate

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,907 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You complain to the sender as they are the ones who have the contract with the delivery company, the sender has to deal with any damage to the package or if it's lost etc. You are not a customer of Fastway so they don't have to deal with you.

You get on to the seller. It's their responsibility to get the goods to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,657 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Awe thank you both of you. Yes I have done that now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

This shower is absolutely useless.

Two days in a row now with separate packages being delivered to the wrong address.

Yesterday it was left in the back garden of a house about 250 metres away and was saturated when the neighbour brought it over to us at night.

Today received a notifcation that our package was left on the porch (it wasn't and there was no knock/doorbell ring), so presumably it's at the wrong address. Their customer support is non-existent. No way to phone them and their support ticketing system has no traceability. They hadn't responded at all from yesterday's ticket that was opened.

They have the cheek to say on their phone nuumber that they're improving Customer Experience by removing the phone call option and making you use the rubbish ticket system online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,841 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Advertisement