Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tiguan MPG

Options
  • 21-04-2021 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Quickie for ya. Looking at buying a 2010 VW Tiguan anyone have one around that year? If so are they hard in Diesel. Its the 2.0lt TDI Basic model.

Thanks

Neck

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,911 ✭✭✭kirving

What kind of milage and journeys do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭BlakeS94

neckedit wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Quickie for ya. Looking at buying a 2010 VW Tiguan anyone have one around that year? If so are they hard in Diesel. Its the 2.0lt TDI Basic model.

Thanks

Neck

A friend of mine owns both a tiguan and a passat with the same engine, tiguans mpg is not great struggle to get it over 40mpg whereas the passat will do 55+mpg

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Father in law had a TDI 140 Bluemotion 2WD version. It was capable of decent mpg, late 40s anyway.

This is dieselgate era VW though, so I would suspect that the emissions fix may have negative effects on mpg and reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BlakeS94 wrote: »
    A friend of mine owns both a tiguan and a passat with the same engine, tiguans mpg is not great struggle to get it over 40mpg whereas the passat will do 55+mpg

It's no great surprise really that a tall square block SUV is going to be less fuel efficient than a conventional 3 box saloon.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

biko wrote: »

Thanks all for the replies.
    Checked a few out and the boots are not nig enough for what I need.

Advertisement