Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi calling on Gomo plans?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Yes, I seen this for the month or two, discussed on another thread here. They appear to powering down bands to save on energy bills, so no carrier aggregation.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,990 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

As I understand it the later SIMs got VoLTE and VoWifi (wifi calling) earlier than the original 9.99 SIMs, but they have since rolled those out to all SIMs.

I don't know of any other differences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

I've one of the original €9.99 SIMs as well, once I put it in a Samsung S21 it had all of the above straight away. Phone before that was a Pixel 6 which didn't due to Google not supporting it I think. Checked outside just now (very close to Cork city centre) & the phone got a speed of ~115Mbps downloading.

Advertisement