Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to reduce noise frim nutribullet

Options
  • 19-04-2021 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Ive started using this everyday and like it but one thing annoying me is how insanely loud the nutribullet is. I think it is 95 decibels, I think in time this would damage my hearing if I am blending once or twice a day. Does anyone know where I can buy a sound enclosure for it? Ive seen one website that sells sound enclosures for blenders but they dont seem to have one for the nutribullet, their prices are also ridiculous.

Or would I be better off getting a different blender with built in sound enclosure like vitamix?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Ear muffs surely a cheaper/handier solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

What i do right is..... i put what i want into the blender... put it onto the nutribullet and then get some gorilla tape to hold it down. i have a 100m extension lead and put the nutribullet ont he end of it down the bottom of the garden... then i go back in the house and plug it in for 30 seconds...

can barely hear it down the garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭Patsy167

Wrap a heavy tea towel around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Have you tried hitting it with a lump hammer?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cooled1

Is it open mic night in here?

On a side note what happened to this forum it used to be buzzing now theres only a few posts a day, has everyone just given up on fitness at this stage of the lockdown?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,302 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I purchased a jug blender the other day for my soup. Fab thing altogher. Only 18e in Tesco. Not particualry noisy, very powerful, only needs to be on for 30 seconds. I'd love to know what a nutribullet can do that my jug bledder can't do.

By the way, I think of soup as a vegtable smoothie. Wouldn't be into fruit smoothie's for weight loss, nice in themselves I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Cooled1 wrote: »
    Ive started using this everyday and like it but one thing annoying me is how insanely loud the nutribullet is. I think it is 95 decibels, I think in time this would damage my hearing if I am blending once or twice a day. Does anyone know where I can buy a sound enclosure for it? Ive seen one website that sells sound enclosures for blenders but they dont seem to have one for the nutribullet, their prices are also ridiculous.

Or would I be better off getting a different blender with built in sound enclosure like vitamix?

It's not going to damage your hearing. You're talking about enduring 95 dB for an hour or two per day for it to be an issue.

Throw a towel over it to dampen the noise. Or ear plugs if it bothers you that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,099 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think it is 95 decibels, I think in time this would damage my hearing if I am blending once or twice a day.

No it won't.

Workplaces with 85dB average over 8 hours is deemed to be an acceptable limit.
    95db is going to need a few hours before it's an issue. It would need to be much louder to cause damage in 30seconds. Like 115 dB

It may not damage my hearing but its a very annoying sound. Throwing a tea towel over it did nothing. All the sound enclosures for it on amazon and various websites seem out of stock so not much i can do about it for the time being I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

You're being dramatic. It's not that loud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Patsy167 wrote: »
    Wrap a heavy tea towel around it?

I do this with my ninja blender, the noise out of it is shocking. It does not bother me but the neighbours and others in the house would hear it and wonder if something disterous is going on. Luckily it obliterates stuff in seconds so I rarely do bother wrapping it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

What exactly are folk putting in the nutribullet that needs 30 seconds? Steel coated bones?

I throw in water, a banana, steel cut oats, cashews, spinach, an orange, psillium husk and 20 gram of collagen protein and its done in 5 seconds max ffs!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Can you eat blended bones ?

italodisco wrote: »
    What exactly are folk putting in the nutribullet that needs 30 seconds? Steel coated bones?

I throw in water, a banana, steel cut oats, cashews, spinach, an orange, psillium husk and 20 gram of collagen protein and its done in 5 seconds max ffs!!!!!

Some of us prefer to drink our smoothies rather than chew them :)

Some of us prefer to drink our smoothies rather than chew them :)

Is it an actual nutribullet or a knock off. I was under the impression that they reduced fruit and the like to liquid in 5-8 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭yoke

here's what works:

1. best option - ear plugs.

2. my preferred option: stick the thing on , and run out of the room closing the door behind you, and stay at other end of the house until the noise subsides. if the wife is in the kitchen then congratulations, as a bonus you've just avoided her whinging about the noise while you ran out of the room

Mellor wrote: »
    Is it an actual nutribullet or a knock off. I was under the impression that they reduced fruit and the like to liquid in 5-8 seconds

5 to 8 seconds?? you are going to be very disappointed, unless you're blending pure water or something :D

not only does it take the full minute, it has this very annoying (but very effective!) mode where it blends on-and-off on a programmed cycle for the full minute, in order to make sure it gets all the little bits. It's even worse on the ears than a constant noise.

yoke wrote: »
    5 to 8 seconds?? you are going to be very disappointed, unless you're blending pure water or something :D

Obvious it depends on what you are blending and how much liquid to solid you have. But if you need a full minute I assume you're blending a bag of peanuts.

My stick blender does the trick in maybe 15 seconds. And it's got smaller blade and lower power. I was thinking of switching to a bullet type. Glad a didn't know I know that are crap and take twice as long.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

What model is the nutribullet you have as there are many different versions?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Topdolla

Like any blender press the pulse button a few times for a couple sec and sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I was sure mine was getting louder over time.

Turns out it was. I think the mechanism inside the blade had rusted and it was producing more and more resistance. I copped on one day there was literally smoke coming out of it.

Mellor wrote: »
    Obvious it depends on what you are blending and how much liquid to solid you have. But if you need a full minute I assume you're blending a bag of peanuts.

:D

My stick blender does the trick in maybe 15 seconds. And it's got smaller blade and lower power. I was thinking of switching to a bullet type. Glad a didn't know I know that are crap and take twice as long.

If you're happy with what a stick blender does in 15 seconds, I'd say you just have different preferences for how smooth your drink is compared to me, that's all. I wouldn't be able to use a stick blender at all, if you're talking about something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005YT2RQ2

I used to blend pistachios into milk and sugar, nowadays I'm too lazy and just do bananas in milk... still like it smooth though!

So yeah I'd actually highly recommend one of these blenders! I'm just a nitpicky bastard with milkshakes probably

• Registered Users Posts: 33,135 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

€3.65 will solve your problem if you have a Screwfix close to you

https://www.screwfix.ie/p/ear-defenders-27-6db-snr/6191d

Zillah wrote: »
    I was sure mine was getting louder over time.

Turns out it was. I think the mechanism inside the blade had rusted and it was producing more and more resistance. I copped on one day there was literally smoke coming out of it.

This might actually be the case with my one too... I think it's gotten louder over the years

yoke wrote: »
    If you're happy with what a stick blender does in 15 seconds, I'd say you just have different preferences for how smooth your drink is compared to me, that's all. I wouldn't be able to use a stick blender at all, if you're talking about something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005YT2RQ2

I think it really depends on what we're blending.

Milk and protein powder. Seconds.
    A frozen banana, it's hard to get it into the blades of the stick blender so takes a few goes.

I use it for sauces and purees too. Some cooked veg blends to silk in seconds. Others take ages to get the grains out. Just depends what they are.

I'll time my smoothie in the morning and rate the smoothness for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Op, place some sort of dense foam pad under the nutri bullet. Then use a heavy cloth or small padded quilt, like one you’d see in a kids playpen. That’s what I used to do when I used mine at 6am and didn’t want to wake the rest of the house

Advertisement