Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

That you have to get out of bed on days like today is my current TA. I am warm 😖

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Walked into town to get bus as bus eireann pulled their city services last night and had no updates this morning. Probably good for me but argh..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

You have buses? Public transport? Our town bus was stopped during the first part of Covid and never came back. We have 2 trains per weekday and the odd bus eireann from Limerick to Waterford going through the town. (We have a excellent private bus going to Dublin (airport included) so not totally abandoned.

My TA - someone tell Eamon Ryan to stop flying to Singapore as flying is bad for the environment and get the WHOLE country some public transport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Drivers who don't use indicators at roundabouts 🤬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭Bredabe

One of my girls is in a house broken into flats, she is on a landing with another unit, recently she heard and then saw a mouse.

She hates rodents of all kinds, gets really scared and has rung me quite a few nights bc she can hear the mouse in the adjoining room. The LL got a wire trap and left it for her to set and place in her kitchen(que more terror) and told her he was going to be away and she would have to have a friend move the trap when the mouse died.

Advised to get a sonic mouse repellent, she got the one that would cover a full house, she mentions this to her neighbour when he mentions to her not to have peanuts rodents love those. Those are expensive where she lives so doesn't have any.

Thankfully the mouse seems to disappear for a couple of weeks, she met her neighbour in their hall and he said the sonic wasn't any good as he had the mouse back the night before as he had bought peanuts!

Ta at ppl who know things and still put their wants ahead of close ppl's mh and safety.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Doddery oul wans blocking the Scan & Pay access terminal in Tesco while they rummage around for their Clubcard while I'm standing there with the phone ready in my hand. Move!

Also, had my place set at the counter for my lunch, which I'm literally standing at the stove cooking, and my dad comes down for his breakfast and moves the whole thing aside so he can sit there.

AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,501 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have encountered a few overly cautious drivers already today, even though its patently clear that the roads are perfectly fine and the weather warnings clearly don't apply to our area.

Presumably these same people dopple themselves in suncream on a dank Irish day because there's scorching heat in the Costa del Sol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Always a TA

Buy eggs by the dozen, tray in the fridge only holds 10, bugs me every time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I've seen boxes of 10, wondering why and was TA'd 😁

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Those speed signs that tell you what speed you are doing, turn green and show a smiley face when you are under the limit and turn red with a grumpy face when you are over.

There's a new 30 limit in my local town.

It's 50 coming up to it but the sensor for 30 goes off before you reach the 30.

So every morning when I'm in the 50 zone it flashes a red 45 with a grumpy face at me.

I hate being blamed for something I didn't do. I'm 5 under ya b*stard!😡

One of these mornings I'm going to get out and puck the head off the sneery f*cker! 😬

Gary Lineker having to step away from MotD over perfectly reasonable comments about the current UK government.

Yeah?

I heard what he said alright but didn't know there were repercussions.

It's as bad as boards over there so! 🙊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

One episode of Attenborough’s new show won’t be shown on BBC, it will be available on the iplayer, for fears it will “upset” the tories now as well.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,810 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Alan Shearer and Ian Wright have refused to work on the programme as a result of the BBC’s decision. Fair play to them. My opinion of both has skyrocketed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I have a problem with this one - if its small and you are driving straight through, you don't use it, indicate left or right and turn left or right, not straight through.

If its big, lots of turn offs, two lanes heading in and out, then indicate left or right

Death to the numpties indicating right only to indicate left when exiting straight on. You only indicate left exiting the roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,557 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

From reports neither Alan Shearer or Ian Wright will take part ‘ in solidarity ‘ with him so it’s not going away soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Celmullet

People who try and walk through you in shops as if you don't exist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,820 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Cars advertised with the following ''ETRAS''

- Alloy Wheels

- Centralised locking

- Electric Mirrors

- Electric Windows

- Power Steering

- Remote Central Locking

- Split Fold Rear Seats

- Multiple Airbags

- Front Fog Lights

- Front Electric Windows

- Heated Mirrors

- Rear Electric Windows

- 3x3point rear seat belts

- Adjustable seats

- Adjustable steering column/wheel

- Windows front + rear electric

- Foglights

- Height adjustable drivers seat

- Mirrors electric and heated

- Outside temperature meter

- Rear headrests

- Rear wiper

- Spot lights.

This is copied off a Main Dealers ad and some of these ''EXTRAS'' are written twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

If there's a left exit before the 'straight through' exit you should indicate after the left exit.

My roundabout TA is idiots driving in the middle of both lanes regardless of which exit they're taking, major bonus points if they're taking the last exit off the roundabout.

Another TA, I started this post before and my phone froze, all my moaning about the autosave draft feature and now I'm raging I had to type from scratch again.

I suspect I need the world's smallest violin.

I’m after a delicious pizza and I want more !!

Listening to a podcast the man says ‘colume for column

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I killed my smoke alarm very soon after it was fitted. They installed it right above the cooker...Also killed the other two ?heat? alarms as they were panic merchants. As soon as I started cooking ... This is a very small demountable dwelling and the door is always accessible. No inner rooms...My nerves would not stand the din!

More than TA as yesterday the cables etc to connect camera to computer vanished and could not download my wonderful snow mountain photos. Now the rest of the connections etc have vanished so I hereby GIVE UP! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Advertisement

This phrase used that I have heard mostly in sports, "The young sixteen year old teenager".

So much redundancy in a handful of words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

More than a TA. The fcukheads on the road that enter the BIG YELLOW BOX that is clearly marked with YELLOW crossed lines within.

Its day one of driver training DO NOT ENTER THE BOX UNLESS YOU HAVE ROOM TO CLEAR IT.

You can stop in it to turn right only, which is ultimately the point to allow traffic through an exit or to turn right.

I have 2 on my way to work, one at the entrance to the business park, every other morning you will get some arsehole stopped in rhe middle of it which block other traffic getting in or out.. then the second one is at the junction to enter the motorway, its less common, but you'll get the odd wanker that will try beat the lights and end up in the box blocking traffic trying to tun right into the motorway and because this set of lights is ine in a series it means all the other traffic at the lights gets blocked until this wanker gets off the box at the next light change.

Of course they know they shouldn't be there, they're either staring at their phone because they're a stupid plod, or frozen straight ahead like they are really attentive drivers which of course they're not.. they're arseholes..but there's the odd kne that will look to their right long enough for me to give them a piece of my f**king my mind like a dog barking through a closed patio door.

[/end rant]

Vented

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭Archeron

Got the bus into Dublin for a walk around this morning and have gotten so wet, I honestly don't think I'll ever be dry again. If ever I've seen "that wet rain", it's today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When someone stops you for directions, you go to the trouble of explaining as best you can how to get to their destination and they just drive off without saying thanks!

Wheelie bin men leaving broken glass bottles (that fell out when they were putting the bins on the truck) in the middle of the street.

And a young fella in driving a digger with a phone in one hand and only looking up occasionally to see if he is still going straight.

• Advertisement

I was putting out fires at work all shift yes, which meant I was running between area's all day, never stopped. at 4 I was dizzy with hunger and splurged on a wonderful kabab. It was yummy! stopped by a group of tourists who didn't speak much english and even tho I pointed out where they should go they still were confused. One in very broken english asked me if I was local(like locals automatically know where tourist venues are) then another one in the group asked me how to get to a different venue which was more complicated to get too.

When I passed them again, they had cornered someone else, ta tourists at this time of year disturbing my once in a decade kabab.

That @Bredabe has set off a hunger for a kebab. Love them , but can’t be assed to drive to town.

Another false text from AIB .com .

AIB

Apple Pay

An Post

all scam texts and just this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Happened to be in Newbridge today. The footpath was covered in chewing gum, particularly in front of the section around the PO and Pennys. I've noticed it in other towns but never to this extent. Every cobble lock stone had a few patches of white. Absolutely disgusting.

That my favourite all time European fashion brand or label , has gone the entirety of autumn, winter and into Spring not having a single item of rainwear in stock… which given the European climate is erm, dumb as fûck…. 150 different styles of coats, jackets, hoodies and gilets, lots of T-shirts, shirts, gloves, and hats, Not a single rain jacket….

That i had to go to the car 4 times to get a few things as each time i forgot something and had go back out.

More than TA that I cannot remember what I was going to post... My memory is a sieve these days and a very leaky one at that... ( Yes I know; sieves are meant to leak!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Email-related

1/ People who hit reply instead of reply all. Those other recipients were copied for a reason.

2/ Irrelevant and / or lengthy subject lines. Make them specific and concise.

3/ People using old emails in their inbox to start a new topic months later - and not changing the subject line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Number 3. Number 3. NUMBER 3!!!!! Oh, dear Lord, Number 3!

Wisdom teeth. What's the point of them, other than to cause absolute fcukery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sky sports showing Fulham and Arsenal on two separate channels, you'd think they'd at least show United and Southampton on one channel

Had a 2 people ringing me and asking did I not get their text.

Go into my texts and yep,texts from both but I got no notification.

Go into my phone settings and notifications have been turned off.

So there's been some sort of gremlin sneaking around in my phone settings and taking the p*ss out of me. 🙈

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,637 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

We tried a new pizza place on Friday (just been awarded best pizza takeway in Belfast) and it was a massive dissappointment. Should've stuck with Pizza Co.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Ish66

Clapping when a plane lands grinds my gears !

What they call tautology! Excellent example...lol

"The saying of the same thing twice over in different words, generally considered to be a fault of style (e.g. they arrived one after the other in succession). "

I got an Indian takeaway last night, chicken madras . About 4 pieces of chicken in it . 4 ! I’ll be getting the vegetarian option next time. 😡

Also im only after getting up at fookin 7pm. Fuc.kking hell !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm exhausted and would happily go to bed but nightshift tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,767 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement