Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Creating remote Mac workstation

• 17-04-2021 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭ JoChervil

Hi,

Maybe someone here can help me. At the moment I am working from home so I have my stationary Mac here. I am allowed to travel abroad for vacation and then work from there for few more weeks. I have MacBook Pro 17", but I would like to have a back up with me in case it breaks down.

So the best for me would be just buying the smallest MacBook and a compatible with it monitor of different company, so I would have this monitor abroad permanently while travelling only with my notebooks.

So my questions are:

1. What is a real difference between MacBook Air and MacBook Pro? If difference is not significant, so I would prefer a cheaper option. I would go for 13" option because I would use it as a computer for a bigger monitor.

2. Which 21" monitor would be compatible with any of the above. I don't want bigger than 24" monitor because I don't need it and don't like working on them but I guess it is difficult to find 21" monitor nowadays, but if basic stationary Mac is 21", so why not? This monitor I would like in 300 euro budget max.

3. And a dream question: maybe there is 21" portable monitor available compatible with Mac?

Comments

Advertisement