Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Top TV Christmas Special

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,226 ✭✭✭✭DvB

ooh another one down to the final vote 3-3!!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,551 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I tried to let someone else have a chance, but I'm officially throwing in my vote for The Simpsons. :)

Yay... go Posy!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Posy wrote: »
    I tried to let someone else have a chance, but I'm officially throwing in my vote for The Simpsons. :)

I could say something about the organiser voting etc however... meh....

Homer and co live to fight another day :D

TRS30 wrote: »
    I could say something about the organiser voting etc however... meh....
    To be fair, nobody else was going to vote at this stage. It had been 3 hours since a post/vote. I don't think the tv specials are getting much activity, will bring it back down to first to three again in the next round.

• Advertisement

Anyway last match (finally) of the round.

Will start the last 16 tomorrow. :)

It's cartoon v cartoon!

South Park – Mr Hankey, The Christmas Poo (1997)

v

Futurama - Xmas Story (1999)

To be fair, nobody else was going to vote at this stage. It had been 3 hours since a post/vote. I don't think the tv specials are getting much activity, will bring it back down to first to three again in the next round.

Sorry, was meant to be tongue in cheek. What's the point in having a little power if you don't use it :D

I liked both of these however will go with South Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,085 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Futurama

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Futurama

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Futurama

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

South Park - Mr Hankey was everywhere during that Christmas i remember

South Park

A very quick 3-3 here!!! Next vote wins!!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭ChannelNo5

Southpark

Wow, a quick turnaround there!! And that decides our final 16 TV specials.

We can start the final 8 matches tomorrow. :D

Any opinions on first to 4 votes, or knock it back down to first to 3? I'm happy to listen to the voice of the people. :pac:

Wow, a quick turnaround there!! And that decides our final 16 TV specials.

We can start the final 8 matches tomorrow. :D

Any opinions on first to 4 votes, or knock it back down to first to 3? I'm happy to listen to the voice of the people. :pac:

I say stick with the 4 votes to win. Maybe go 5 for the semi finals & 6 for the final. I suspect as we narrow it down the stronger contenders will spark a bit more interest.

DvB wrote: »
    I say stick with the 4 votes to win. Maybe go 5 for the semi finals & 6 for the final. I suspect as we narrow it down the stronger contenders will spark a bit more interest.

Seconded.

DvB wrote: »

Thats a fair idea. Another option would be to put a time limit on each game, most votes from time of post to 4 hours later etc?

bmorrissey wrote: »
    Thats a fair idea. Another option would be to put a time limit on each game, most votes from time of post to 4 hours later etc?

Some ties see surges of votings, and some go more slowly although in later rounds it may be all surges!

Re: the time limit idea, if it's a tie after X hours then whoever got the votes first progresses would be fair imo.

• Advertisement

One of the reasons I wouldnt be overly mad on the time limits is that many posters cant get on here during specific times of the day and we've seen in previous tournaments tie's turn completely on their heads when people were able to access later in the day.

I think the dragged out ones happen more in the early rounds were many posters may be unfamiliar with some of the shows, but as we get to the better known/more popular ones people tend to have an opinion and will vote more readily.

Just my tuppence worth.

I love democracy. :D

I love democracy. :D

Opens door, lobs grenade in, closes door.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,259 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I do apologise but I’m having technical difficulties in work and can’t get to my phone and I’m missing the voting

Time for the last 16 to battle it out. :D
    First to 4 votes takes the win!

First match this morning:

Gavin and Stacey 2008 Christmas Special

v

Peter Kay's Car Share - 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Gavin & Stacey

Gavin and Stacey, one of the better episodes of the series the first special was IMO

Gavin and Stacey 2008 Christmas Special

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Peter Kay - Car Share

• Advertisement

Peter Kay please

Advertisement