Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Dynamo exchange service

• 16-04-2021 6:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭ freddyuk

Could anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of Lucas dynamos that do an exchange service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ Testacalda

Lots of UK company do exchange dynamos, like ESM Morris Minors for example.
    Don't know of any Irish companies off hand

Obviously you have one yourself to exchange and I assume you need a refurbished one, so why not bring your one to an auto electrician and have it rebuilt / refurbished.

Lots of places will do it, very routine job if it's a standard Lucas dynamo, even if it is old technology.

D&R Auto Electrical in Naas or Autostart in Rathcoole would be where I would go, depends where in the country you are though.

edit: If you are trouble shooting I always start with the regulator box

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭ FR85

I'd head to Balfes in Rathcoole if you were in a position to, I brought over a dynamo off a Fiat 850 and he had all the bits to rebuild that,, very fast turnaround also.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭ macplaxton

3rd Autostart / Balfe's Rathcoole, had a solenoid replaced on an old Ducellier starter there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭ freddyuk

Ended up getting a Dynamator which was easier and cheaper than dynamo and regulator service.
    Down in West Cork not much other choice.
    Very pleased with result though.

Advertisement