Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dynamo exchange service

• 16-04-2021 5:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Could anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of Lucas dynamos that do an exchange service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

Lots of UK company do exchange dynamos, like ESM Morris Minors for example.
    Don't know of any Irish companies off hand

Obviously you have one yourself to exchange and I assume you need a refurbished one, so why not bring your one to an auto electrician and have it rebuilt / refurbished.

Lots of places will do it, very routine job if it's a standard Lucas dynamo, even if it is old technology.

D&R Auto Electrical in Naas or Autostart in Rathcoole would be where I would go, depends where in the country you are though.

edit: If you are trouble shooting I always start with the regulator box

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

I'd head to Balfes in Rathcoole if you were in a position to, I brought over a dynamo off a Fiat 850 and he had all the bits to rebuild that,, very fast turnaround also.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 2,957 Mod ✭✭✭✭macplaxton

3rd Autostart / Balfe's Rathcoole, had a solenoid replaced on an old Ducellier starter there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭freddyuk

Ended up getting a Dynamator which was easier and cheaper than dynamo and regulator service.
    Down in West Cork not much other choice.
    Very pleased with result though.

Advertisement