Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - Part 3 - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

I would suggest you review a couple of the relevant political party thread on this forum before throwing out statements about "robotic loyalty". I think you cannot point the finger at one group of supporters without acknowledging the same carry on from the other side

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Don't worry chief, I will be just as critical of robotic loyalty when other parties are in government and are performing badly or up to no good (fraud, corruption, cronyism etc). 🧐

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

So you have no problem with political parties up to no good(fraud, corruption etc) once they are not in government?

I would think we would want all political parties and supporters to uphold the same standards if in government or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,601 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Well I would hope that they would uphold better standards than what we have seen from FG and FF while they have been in government. I have no problem holding any party to account unlike supporters of FG and FF who seem to accept the lowest standards possible in public office. Just look at the twisting and turning that was done to justify the FG party leader Leo Varadkar leaking confidential documents to his mates. That should not be acceptable at any time by any party and yet the party faithful are tying themselves up in knots to defend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Shebean

That's very ignorant Maryanne. The idea that anyone goes to a soup kitchen for anything other than necessity is a very detached attitude. Stinks of 'let them eat cake'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I never said that but this is the government thread. FFG have led the way and helped facilitate a political system with a culture of fraud, corruption, cronyism etc. It's so common now that it is accepted. FF or FG have been the lead party in government since the foundation of the state. They are the law makers. I started a thread yesterday on councillor expense fraud which applies to every single party and none. Have you read New Politics yourself? It stated the following;

"The finger of responsibility must, in the first instance, point directly to the massive policy failures of the recent Fianna-Fail led Governments and their willingness to promote the interests of a so-called “Golden Circle” over the interests of the Citizen."

What has changed?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Nothing ever changes in this country....the bright new face of modern ireland is every bit as crony,grubby,stinks of corruption a politian as ever been here

They walk out of government jobs into being lobbist for big businesses,the media which is supposed to hold em accountable inevitably hang around papers that are openly paritsan for a few years before getting a job in some communication division of government for several times their wage as a journalist

Their talking now of building 40K social/affordable houses over next few years,while any even modest proposal to do so,was treated with derision at last election....

their supporters spent last few years openly calling homeless a sham/industry....now its spread to middle earners,they make half arsed efforts to appear to do something,that amount to nothing in substance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Billcarson

Thats the mindset of fg supporters. Afraid of their lives that someone might get something for free and get one up on them even if its food.

Not saying I agree with freeloaders but Jesus when it comes to soup kitchens etc I would presume that the majority that use them badly need them.

Do you honestly believe that? it doesn't matter what political party you support I don't expect anyone would want to see someone else starve.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

So, your point is that people only go to a soup kitchen because they don’t have money to feed themselves.

A yes or no answer will do.

• Advertisement

Not saying they want to see people starve but they will use any excuse to put them down or want every box ticked to make sure they are legitimate in their need for a soup kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

I think this government has been excellent. I wasn’t so sure on Donnelly for a long time but he’s definitely improved and the vaccine roll out has been an incredible success.

However I do think the PUP could’ve been governed better. A lot of people abusing that system now and it should be cut sooner

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Employers telling a lot of Porkies about PUP, most of those still on it will be back at work next week, the guys crying about it don't want to give full time contracts and pay proper wage rates and are using the PUP as the reason they can't get workers,

The vaccination role out has been a success i will give them that. I will give credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

I created a thread about it and it got moved.

I know of an employer who threatened staff that they wouldn’t have a job unless they remained on PUP and accepted €50 cash a week.

Posters on here slammed me for it and told me to mind my own business. It’s comical.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FullyComp

I feel bad for Steven Donnelly, got into politics so he could make a difference (in particular to health), took the damage to his reputation on the chin for party hopping to where he thought he could have the most effect.

Got his chance, oversees a really good and successful vaccine rollout but at the end of it all all he gets is abuse about being bald or making a bad comparison about a trampoline being dangerous.

It's sad because he likely won't get another go at health and the stuff he got into politics for (mainly waiting lists for the scoliosis children) he won't be able to accomplish. Instead the job will go to some other loo lah who just wants to avoid a public relations issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

I assume all politicians are in it because they want to 'make a difference'.

Donnelly's stint as minister has shown him to be incompetent and way out of his depth and several times not to even on top of his brief.

You quite right shouldn't get second bites after a performance like that...but he probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,374 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

A soup kitchen gives you the impression that people turn up for a bowl of soup and a slice of bread.. it a bit like the places that do a Christmas dinner for the starving masses. Poverty is an industry similar to the Charity industry. It far from a watery scotch broth that is served with a single slice of bread that is not buttered. Unemployment benefit is just over 200/week. People make choice's. It handier to go for a few scoops on Christmas Eve and get someone else to cook the dinner and give you a take away supper as well

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭FullyComp

He's the Health minister who has overseen the largest vaccine rollout in the history of the state.

He's had a large hand in keeping our death toll relatively low and our hospitals from being overrun.

What's incompetent about that?

Nothing, in the end the government made a few f**k up, had a couple of nightmares in terms of PR etc but the pandemic has been handled fairly well and the rollout of the vaccine has been a massive success apart from some early supply issues. Even with the majority of the HSE shut down due to hackers the rollout never stopped.

Well done to all involved.

• Advertisement

This is why PUP should be shut down now and the money used to resolve issues like that. PUP at this stage is stopping the recovery.

The issue is the government stops it and you will have the same looney opposition reading out made up letter in Dail and sticking up videos on facebook etc about how terrible it is that we ask people to return to work. PR nightmare so they will continue with it going for months

• Registered Users Posts: 68,129 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Ah we should forget his other incompetence's because he managed (he made a good try at the start) to not cock up one of the most financially resourced and people resourced operations the state has seen? Yeh right.

PUP is only paid to people who had a job in a sector that was restricted, if the business is open now PUP ends, PUP has nothing to do with new hiring, Employers unions have been muddying the waters as they don't want to pay for work done,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

That is the intention of PUP, but isn't what has happened in reality. Lots of open businesses are crying out for staff as a lot of staff are happier currently on PUP. I'm aware of 2 businesses myself that cannot open indoor dining on Monday due to a lack of staff.

Stats also show 18,000 construction workers still on PUP, despite the sector being open for months now and a massive pent up demand in the sector.

If the employer tells SW that the person's job is there for them they'll be taken off PUP, they can either come back to work or sign on, pretending to be wringing their hands when they can easily and legally get rid of someone who doesn't want to come in,

Something funny going on in construction, whether it's material shortages or their milking TwSS ,

That's not the reality, nothing to do with unions. I know plenty of cases that lads are sitting at home on PUP while the going is good.

I had reason to talk to a lady in FETCH, they are struggling even with paid courses because people would have to step down from PUP to job seekers and they won't do it.

That is mental, we are paying people extra to sit at home than go out and get training. A member of my own family, he has been offered jobs for the last 9 months but would prefer to sit at home n PUP, doing cash in hand job as well to keep himself topped up. PUP should be gone as soon as lockdown L5 ws over

Would it not be more beneficial to everyone,to up wages for everyone so as to make it better off working vs being on pup?

Looking down on the poor and less well off is a very bitter way to live. Yes we have FF and FG politicians screwing the tax payer claiming expenses for two all day seminars in two different locations on the same day and it's possible some people use soup kitchens for kicks, but that doesn't mean we use it as an excuse to look down on these people.

Fretting about the quality of food given out in soup kitchens in-case they are being fed with food you deem too good for them is a terrible place to be IMO.

Quick to use the law of averages that some might be taking advantage to smear the less fortunate is not how I want to live my life. It's like saying racism is terrible and not all Nigerians are bad but some of them are, so let's look down on them and treat them like ****. It's false advertising.

We know sections of society only look out for themselves (at all levels) but the decent among us should lead by example not treat everyone based on our own anti-social insecurities

This is the point where their argument falls down. They will argue people get paid well enough and should be happy to get that pay. People should not be availing of better pandemic pay when they could be working. Now ask them to take a hit to their profits to raise wages and they'll tell you where to go. It's a one way street. People should be thanking them for being paid the least they can get away with paying them in order to fill their pockets with profits off their workers backs.

Anyone on PUP is on it because they lost their positions due to a global pandemic. Was only a matter of time before the selfish elements start attacking them. If you are homeless, low income, a nurse or anyone else spoiling their fun, they'll go after you. Even people needing soup kitchens.

• Advertisement

No, unless you want to cripple companies who are already in trouble after a pandemic.

Advertisement