Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prunus Kanzan - Just No Growth This Year - Can't Explain?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭happyplants

peter4918 wrote: »
    The Prunus Kanzan I have hasn’t flowered for the last two years and at the end of the summer last year my wife was on to me to remove it and replace it with something else as we thought it was dead. Didn’t get around to that and instead put out a couple of feeds of 18-6-12 fertiliser on it. Low and behold it bloomed lovely this year so don t know if it was the fertiliser or what but it’s back from the dead either way!

Oh you hope giving super-hero.

Care to taunt me more by giving me an exact brand of the fertiliser in question as a google of that NPK doesn't throw up anything immediately and clearly I have no patience.

As an aside, its making me think that aside from the constriction, the only other change may be that the miracle gro dose that she put on the hedge and flowers might have had something to do with it? Delicate balance and all that, and then you go an up the N in the area too much maybe.

Anyway, hope lives Eternal. Much like that mid 90's girl band, the Spice Girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭peter4918

Yeah It’s unbranded 18-6-12. Most garden centres will have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,416 ✭✭✭standardg60

Oh you hope giving super-hero.

Care to taunt me more by giving me an exact brand of the fertiliser in question as a google of that NPK doesn't throw up anything immediately and clearly I have no patience.

As an aside, its making me think that aside from the constriction, the only other change may be that the miracle gro dose that she put on the hedge and flowers might have had something to do with it? Delicate balance and all that, and then you go an up the N in the area too much maybe.

Anyway, hope lives Eternal. Much like that mid 90's girl band, the Spice Girls.

Sorry for bursting bubbles, but they stated didn't bloom, rather than didn't leaf.

Advertisement