Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Foireann an absolute disaster

  • 13-04-2021 10:23pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭ tigerboon
    Registered User


    Just wondering how other clubs getting on with Foireann? We decided to go with Clubforce this year to take the online registrations from members as Foireann was so far behind and we couldn't get any response from the helpdesk for queries. Only thing is we now have to register all our members on Foireann. The importing from Clubforce has been a disaster, half the members are missing and a lot of the others missing things like phone numbers need those details entered too before it's complete.
    We now have a total mess with a huge number of duplicated members also. Even in my own family all the kids showing up as not registered when they are (their duplicates!). God knows whats going to happen from the 26th when training back and everyone logging in seeing that they're not registered even though they are. Any advice anyone?


«1

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭ Neewollah
    Registered User


    I don't have any advice personally but it has been poor to date. We couldn't log in for the last 2 months and only got access last week.


  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭ HurlyBurly
    Registered User


    Have started with Foireann this year as first year going online route and seems ok so far, but only just starting the membership process so will see how that goes.

    Took a while to get the Stripe account setup and still haven't got all the verification they want done.

    Definitely an issue there with duplicates. Not sure how they plan to resolve that but they said they'd wait till all the memberships were completed before trying.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭ Ceist_Beag
    Registered User


    With juvenile training starting back has anyone been able to complete a Health Questionnaire on Foireann? I keep getting "Unable to load COVID declarations: Error: 401" on the home screen. Even after submitting a health questionnaire it doesn't display it (presumably due to the error). How are people planning to manage this for training sessions given it is supposedly still a pre-requirement as it was last year?


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭ arctictree
    Registered User


    Looks like the website has problems with high load. Surely this was tested?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭ munchkin_utd
    Registered User


    arctictree wrote: »
    Looks like the website has problems with high load. Surely this was tested?
    testing with test data and real live people doing unexpected things are 2 different things!

    There could also be inefficient code in there for the search or other functionality that only comes to light when you release it to the public, and then it takes a while to find and fix those issues.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭ slegs
    Registered User


    testing with test data and real live people doing unexpected things are 2 different things!

    There could also be inefficient code in there for the search or other functionality that only comes to light when you release it to the public, and then it takes a while to find and fix those issues.

    You can test and simulate load before releasing to the public. Any large scale public facing product would do some load testing. A bit of a shambles if they didn't do this especially considering they probably paid a fortune to get this developed.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭ Ceist_Beag
    Registered User


    Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    With juvenile training starting back has anyone been able to complete a Health Questionnaire on Foireann? I keep getting "Unable to load COVID declarations: Error: 401" on the home screen. Even after submitting a health questionnaire it doesn't display it (presumably due to the error). How are people planning to manage this for training sessions given it is supposedly still a pre-requirement as it was last year?

    Just in case anyone else had similar issues, I found a workaround that seems to do the trick (at least for me). Click on Logout, then log in again - the error disappears and you can see the health questionnaires! I tried this on a couple of devices and it works on both (and I was getting the error on both although it had changed to Error: 500, not 401!).


  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    Our club had been using Sportlomo to collect membership online in 2019 and 2020. We were very very happy with Sportlomo.

    On researching Foireann, we figured that it was going to be a major pain managing two systems and the upload from one to the other. Plus Foireann has lots of other features. We knew there would be downsides to dropping Sportlomo, but we took the chance and went full-on Foireann-only. 100% online for membership. And it's working out great. 211 of our ~300 members have already registered. Only significant problems were some members (or mostly parents of members) getting used to the new system, and a tendency of some parents to enter their child as the account holder (ticking the "I'm 18 or older" box regardless). But we sorted all problems really.

    There are some minor problems - all of which I have opened support tickets for, and they will get to them when they get to them.

    The thing that grates the most is that the CSV download does not contain all the information, and in particular does not contain the communication consent information which is a real problem for us because we feed the CSV to a club texting system and we would like to be able to programmatically exclude the mobiles for which there isn't consent (based on the type of communication). I'm optimistic that Foireann will address this in time.

    In summary though, we're thrilled we went whole-hog Foireann.

    Great deal too BTW - only charge is 1.35% of a payment! Great negotiation by the GAA & other associations.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    tigerboon wrote: »
    Just wondering how other clubs getting on with Foireann? We decided to go with Clubforce this year to take the online registrations from members as Foireann was so far behind and we couldn't get any response from the helpdesk for queries. Only thing is we now have to register all our members on Foireann. The importing from Clubforce has been a disaster, half the members are missing and a lot of the others missing things like phone numbers need those details entered too before it's complete.
    We now have a total mess with a huge number of duplicated members also. Even in my own family all the kids showing up as not registered when they are (their duplicates!). God knows whats going to happen from the 26th when training back and everyone logging in seeing that they're not registered even though they are. Any advice anyone?

    If it's of any assistance, here's our experience on the challenges you mention:

    (a) We also have loads of duplicate members. There are so many reasons for this (not least members/parents creating multiple accounts! It pissed me off at the beginning, but when I saw how it could happen and I changed to taking the perspective that the only ones we care about are the ones that are registered then we just from there on ignored the unregistered duplicates and no more stress.

    (b) We also had been using an online system in previous years that we were very happy with. But we had been using returntoplay and so we anticipated that there would be difficulty matching the profiles between another online system and the profiles already in Foireann and accessible by the members/parents for the return to play health declarations. So we took a risk and dropped our old online system and went full-hog Foireann to avoid those problems completely. Perhaps too late for you this year, but perhaps something to think about for next year (Foireann is very cheap too).


  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ fitzcoff
    Registered User


    We have gone with Foireann as well but I am having trouble creating teams.

    When I go to the U17 team and add a player, it gives me the option of players born 2003, 2004 and 2005.

    I thought that the players eligible to play at this level were players born 2004,2005 and 2006. As per GAA rules Under 17: A Player shall have celebrated his 13th. birthday
    prior to January 1st. and his 17th. birthday on or after January
    1st. of the Championship Year.


    It's the same for all teams down.

    I have raised a ticket but not heard anything back yet. Can anyone confirm that I have the dates correct or is there a solution to this


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    fitzcoff wrote: »
    We have gone with Foireann as well but I am having trouble creating teams.

    When I go to the U17 team and add a player, it gives me the option of players born 2003, 2004 and 2005.

    I thought that the players eligible to play at this level were players born 2004,2005 and 2006. As per GAA rules Under 17: A Player shall have celebrated his 13th. birthday
    prior to January 1st. and his 17th. birthday on or after January
    1st. of the Championship Year.


    It's the same for all teams down.

    I have raised a ticket but not heard anything back yet. Can anyone confirm that I have the dates correct or is there a solution to this

    Go over to the right, select the filter, and select the ages you are interested in. I think that it filters based on their age today rather than the age they will turn in this calendar year, so you will have to carefully look at their DOBs in the list too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ fitzcoff
    Registered User


    luasaigh wrote: »
    Go over to the right, select the filter, and select the ages you are interested in. I think that it filters based on their age today rather than the age they will turn in this calendar year, so you will have to carefully look at their DOBs in the list too.

    Thank you so much, never thought of the filter. Much appreciated


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭ finbarrk
    Registered User


    I'm having difficulty logging on. When I request a new password, it says its sending it, but it never arrives.


  • Registered Users Posts: 49 radius345
    Registered User


    finbarrk wrote: »
    I'm having difficulty logging on. When I request a new password, it says its sending it, but it never arrives.

    Have you checked your spam folder?


  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ Northern lassie
    Registered User


    We're just getting started with Foireann and think we if can get over the teething problems that it will be great. I'm the Registrar so it will really lighten my load once we get Stripe activated.

    I'm trying to help the Covid officers set up the medical questionnaires. So I set up an event for a training session tonight and emailed the parents to login in and complete the medical questionnaire. Most of them haven't been able to do it. They can't see the event. They are able to submit the questionnaires but they are appearing at the bottom of the home page and when I view the event I can't see who has resubmitted.

    Do anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭ finbarrk
    Registered User


    radius345 wrote: »
    Have you checked your spam folder?

    Yep. Not there either.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭ finbarrk
    Registered User


    I got in to it now by registering a new username. But it's now saying I don't have any club membership paid. Which I did do about 3 weeks ago. When I try to submit an online question about this, It tells me to correct errors, and it won't tell me what the errors are. It's a poorly designed system.


  • Registered Users Posts: 13 cosdec
    Registered User


    Issue I am having is no "Register" button . SO We have members who have paid "offline" (cash mostly) and now when I go into Foireann to try and register them as having paid the Register button is greyed out. This is the same for any combination I have tried

    - older existing members who were definitely the same in old ServaSport system (and I could manually register them there).
    - New members who I create as a Club Admin
    - new members who have registered themselves and chose the "Pay Later in Club" on membership options (so they can do cash in the club)

    I have tried this for members but with and without the blue "verification" tick


  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    We're just getting started with Foireann and think we if can get over the teething problems that it will be great. I'm the Registrar so it will really lighten my load once we get Stripe activated.

    I'm trying to help the Covid officers set up the medical questionnaires. So I set up an event for a training session tonight and emailed the parents to login in and complete the medical questionnaire. Most of them haven't been able to do it. They can't see the event. They are able to submit the questionnaires but they are appearing at the bottom of the home page and when I view the event I can't see who has resubmitted.

    Do anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks

    1. They can submit a questionaire without seeing the event.

    2. They (or their child) have to be a member of a team to see the event for that team


  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ Deskjockey
    Registered User


    luasaigh wrote: »
    1. They can submit a questionaire without seeing the event.

    2. They (or their child) have to be a member of a team to see the event for that team


    I don't think you have to set up an event.

    Just tell the parents to do the initial health questionnaire, send a whatsapp message to do it or recertify before 1hr before training and hey presto you can filter it for your team and see who has completed /recertified.

    We have been using it for the Covid side and has worked perfectly fine


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ Northern lassie
    Registered User


    Thanks for replies Deskjockey and luasaigh. Very helpful. I'm going to stop worrying about the event so as can see using the filter for submitted forms works well.

    Now what I'm struggling with is the Family Membership. I have it set up as 2 parents and 4 juveniles. But its not available to select when I tick a number of members and try to register them as a family. Is this working for anyone else?


  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ Deskjockey
    Registered User


    Thanks for replies Deskjockey and luasaigh. Very helpful. I'm going to stop worrying about the event so as can see using the filter for submitted forms works well.

    Now what I'm struggling with is the Family Membership. I have it set up as 2 parents and 4 juveniles. But its not available to select when I tick a number of members and try to register them as a family. Is this working for anyone else?
    Out club are doing the membership via Clubforce so they told us to just ignore the membership stuff on foireann.


  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    Deskjockey wrote: »
    I don't think you have to set up an event.

    Just tell the parents to do the initial health questionnaire, send a whatsapp message to do it or recertify before 1hr before training and hey presto you can filter it for your team and see who has completed /recertified.

    We have been using it for the Covid side and has worked perfectly fine

    Correct (though I do think the event-based approach is easier).


  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    Thanks for replies Deskjockey and luasaigh. Very helpful. I'm going to stop worrying about the event so as can see using the filter for submitted forms works well.

    Now what I'm struggling with is the Family Membership. I have it set up as 2 parents and 4 juveniles. But its not available to select when I tick a number of members and try to register them as a family. Is this working for anyone else?

    When you set up a family membership option in Foireann, that option is only a collection of different Foireann-recognized memberships (e.g. adult non player, youth player, etc.). You can't register a set of people as a family. The only options that will show up for you to register OTHER PEOPLE - AS THE ADMIN - are the options where there is only one Foireann-recognized membership.

    So you might create an option for an adult non player, and an option for a single youth player. Select the parents and then register them as adult non players, and select the children and register them as youth player.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ExcuseMeSir
    Registered User


    I must say I think people are being extremely nice on here. I can't believe how wrong the GAA or at least the people who built this got it wrong here!
    I am also surprised there hasn't been more public ackowledgment of the fact. Foireann is causing headaches for everyone and there is 0 support being provided for all the issues that have occured!
    I personally highlighted the time out issue that exists on the system over 3-4 nmonths ago, it took them over 2 months to even reply and the issue still isn't fixed. There was no communication from people in Foireann that that duplictaes would exist and what was to happen.
    And as for the Import in bulk for all of us that are using external systems has just been a joke. So many issues from a technical point of view, I hate to imagine the money that has been spent on this to date!
    Has anyone on here tried esculating their issues through the ranks within the counties?


  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ Northern lassie
    Registered User


    luasaigh wrote: »
    When you set up a family membership option in Foireann, that option is only a collection of different Foireann-recognized memberships (e.g. adult non player, youth player, etc.). You can't register a set of people as a family. The only options that will show up for you to register OTHER PEOPLE - AS THE ADMIN - are the options where there is only one Foireann-recognized membership.

    So you might create an option for an adult non player, and an option for a single youth player. Select the parents and then register them as adult non players, and select the children and register them as youth player.

    Thanks Luasaigh, yes, as an Admin, that is what I'm currently doing. But families can register themselves as a family online ... must be done by an Administrator ... is that right?


  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    Thanks Luasaigh, yes, as an Admin, that is what I'm currently doing. But families can register themselves as a family online ... must be done by an Administrator ... is that right?

    In our club, we made it easier for ourselves by doing the following:
    (a) We discontinued entirely our use of the online registration system we had used in 2019 and 2020 - i.e. we moved to Foireann only.
    (b) We take NO registration by any means other than members, or their parents/guardians, or somebody acting on their behalf, creating an account on Foireann and performing the registration using Foireann.

    But it sounds like that's not the situation you find yourself in.

    In terms of member registration, families can select a family package (if you have created it as an admin), but in there they register family members (they don't register the family). An admin can also register members who so happen to be members of a family - but again the admin is not registering the family.

    If you (as logged in as admin) look at your "MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS" you will see that it says some are "Not suitable for bulk registration", and some which are "Suitable for bulk registration". The latter are those which include a single membership and no options as to which type of membership - and those are the only ones that you as an admin can use to register a member (if you are in the unfortunate position where you are registering them rather than they registering themselves).


  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ Northern lassie
    Registered User


    luasaigh wrote: »
    In our club, we made it easier for ourselves by doing the following:
    (a) We discontinued entirely our use of the online registration system we had used in 2019 and 2020 - i.e. we moved to Foireann only.
    (b) We take NO registration by any means other than members, or their parents/guardians, or somebody acting on their behalf, creating an account on Foireann and performing the registration using Foireann.

    But it sounds like that's not the situation you find yourself in.

    In terms of member registration, families can select a family package (if you have created it as an admin), but in there they register family members (they don't register the family). An admin can also register members who so happen to be members of a family - but again the admin is not registering the family.

    If you (as logged in as admin) look at your "MEMBERSHIP OPTIONS" you will see that it says some are "Not suitable for bulk registration", and some which are "Suitable for bulk registration". The latter are those which include a single membership and no options as to which type of membership - and those are the only ones that you as an admin can use to register a member (if you are in the unfortunate position where you are registering them rather than they registering themselves).

    Yes we're kind of on the back foot alright! Only started this a few weeks ago and as far as I can figure out most people just registered to do the covid/back to play stuff and didn't complete their registration properly i.e. set up the family, add their child to the teams so trying to get them to do that now. The problem is they think they've registered but they've no link to the team and I think that's why their medical questionnaire's aren't visible. At the moment just trying to get something out there giving them instructions about registering properly! Bit of a nightmare alright!

    But thanks for your help ... its invaluable!


  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭ Northern lassie
    Registered User


    Two more questions:

    Has anyone had club members that are saying they are having problems registering because Foireann won't accept their email address ... some (but not sure all) with a hotmail email address?

    Secondly if there is a child (or an adult) registered and there is a 7 digit number on that registration does that mean this is their registration from the old system and that child hasn't been registered on Foireann? Or can the parent see that "old" child registration when they set up their family? If not, should I then send that parent (if I can find them on the system) on invite to register on Foireann?

    Thanks


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 luasaigh
    Registered User


    Two more questions:

    Has anyone had club members that are saying they are having problems registering because Foireann won't accept their email address ... some (but not sure all) with a hotmail email address?

    Secondly if there is a child (or an adult) registered and there is a 7 digit number on that registration does that mean this is their registration from the old system and that child hasn't been registered on Foireann? Or can the parent see that "old" child registration when they set up their family? If not, should I then send that parent (if I can find them on the system) on invite to register on Foireann?

    Thanks

    No - we've had lots of members successfully register with hotmail email addresses.

    A 7-digit number does not, of itself, mean what you are asking it means. You can tell that a member is registered by the presence or absence of the green chip/pill in the list of profiles associated with your club.

    When a parent creates a family, they cannot see any child in that family - they have to add children to their family, and each child so added will get a new profile.

    You could if you wish send the parent an invite, though I didn't bother.


Advertisement