Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I'm thinking of dropping out of college and starting an apprenticeship

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

It’s very hard to know what path to follow.

I don’t know if I have any advice that will help you with your career choices but I do think you could do with some perspective.

The vast vast vast majority of successful people have had to grind it out through the crap. Things aren’t just easy for them - most of teen they pushed harder though the crap than their peers.

The **** hot lawyers didn’t just walk into court - they spent years up to their eyes in paper work, writing letters, filling forms for 14 hours a day.

The partners in the big accounting firms all did their busy seasons, chasing confirms, ticking and bashing till 2am for 4 months of the year.

The consultants in your local hospital didn’t walk in dishing out sage words to the interns - they’ve done the night shifts, the 60 hour weeks,

All of them would have spent time doing things they didn’t like or weren’t good at - sometimes you just have to get it done.

My point is - it kind of reads like you expect things to always go your way and if they don’t it means that it’s not the right path and ultimately worth pushing through.

Everything worth pursuing will have challenges - so logically being challenged doesn’t mean what you’re doing isn’t worth doing

Advertisement