Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Logitech Harmony Remotes RIP

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Badly fukt wrote: »
    You obviously have hdmi CEC left on, you need to disable it on all devices when using harmony. Different manufacturers call it different things on LG is called SimpLink, Samsung call it Anynet

You just need to arrange your stuff properly... My shield box is wired through the hdmi as is my sound bar and sub... The one controller handles all through CEC...

Bluefoam wrote: »
    You just need to arrange your stuff properly... My shield box is wired through the hdmi as is my sound bar and sub... The one controller handles all through CEC...

Logitech say disable it completely as it can cause issues, double commands
    https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/understanding-hdmi-and-cec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,806 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i turned it off at the receiver, seems to have sorted it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

Arriving real Late to this thread and the news that logitech will stop producing harmony remotes. I've been a fan for 12+ years. Currently have an elite with hub and not sure what I would do without it.

I even have alexa working with it (somewhat).

I think I'm Gonna have to do some serious research on what my existing kits remote controls can do. I really hate the sky q touch remote. I've loads of mix and match stuff that I really want ease of use easily.

Also very close to purchasing a LG Cx to replace my five year old (burnt in images) Samsung TV. I'm not sold On the C9 love in on this thread. 😁

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well I don't think you will be able to buy a C9 any more, not new anyway. CX or C1 will be your choice now. Either of these OLED's are great and I'm sure you will love them.

With you going for a LG OLED, with e-arc support and great inbuilt apps, you might find that you don't really need the Harmony remotes any more.

Advertisement