Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Those Who Wish Me Dead

• 07-04-2021 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,003 ✭✭✭✭ gmisk

This looks promising, big taylor sheridan fan.
    Decent cast

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75,464 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

Lara Croft and The Punisher, I'm sold

Jolie is good at the action roles

• Registered Users Posts: 24,686 ✭✭✭✭ punisher5112

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lara Croft and The Punisher, I'm sold

Jolie is good at the action roles

Nobody informed me.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭ FortuneChip

Sheridan has a really good track record so far, and it's always good to see Jon Bernthal in action.

Trailer is showing more than it needs to though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

Trigger Warning for an Aiden Gillen accent; but anyone looking like some middle budget, adult thriller entertainment might do well here; comes from the director of Wind River, writer of Hell or High Water.

Was never her biggest fan, but it's still good to see Angelina Jolie back headlining something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭ p to the e

There's a thread on this already. Looks promising although that trailer doesn't leave out much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,787 ✭✭✭✭ ~Rebel~

Sheridan has a really good track record so far, and it's always good to see Jon Bernthal in action.

Trailer is showing more than it needs to though.

Gonna avoid the trailer I think, as I'll watch it anyway. Sheridan's a great writer - though like Sorkin, I think he's a better writer than a director.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,029 ✭✭✭ Hande hoche!

That's a catchy title for a film.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭ haphaphap

This is very watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,390 ✭✭✭✭ Agent Coulson

Just finished it and I really enjoyed it and easy watch and just an hour and half.

They need to go back to making 90/100 minute movies.

Aidan Gillen this last decade just plays Aidan Gillen in everything he is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭ Snake Plisken

Didn't think I'd like it with Jolie in it but as it was Taylor Sheridan movie said I'd give it a go and really enjoyed it. Good performances all round, even the young fella played by Australian actor Finn Little was pretty good.
    A solid 7.5 out of 10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

This was very much of the "they don't make them like this anymore" mould. Solid, adult entertainment with a headlining star and a decent premise or set of stakes. And with an efficient 90 minute runtime to boot. Not sure it was Sheridan's best work but a very solid piece of Hollywood we no longer get.

My only quibble is that if this was made in the 90s, I feel like they'd have done more with the premise in its set pieces. I was a little disappointed "bad guys start a forest blaze while hunting a witness" didn't involve more exciting scenes or standoffs. A distinct lack of hail Mary waterfall jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭ Homelander

Thought it was OK. A very generic movie largely saved by a great cast who put in a really good turn. There are no memorable scenes, dialogue or set pieces, it just clips along at a decent pace.

I'd say it's a 6/10 at best. Perfectly watchable but incredibly by-the-numbers. Watch for the cast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Sad Professor

It's mediocre. Script is undercooked and some of the casting and direction isn't right. There's no tension. A poorly adapted vehicle for Jolie whose character isn't as big or central as the trailer makes out.

Advertisement