Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Those Who Wish Me Dead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,825 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lara Croft and The Punisher, I'm sold

Jolie is good at the action roles

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Lara Croft and The Punisher, I'm sold

Jolie is good at the action roles

Nobody informed me.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Sheridan has a really good track record so far, and it's always good to see Jon Bernthal in action.

Trailer is showing more than it needs to though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Trigger Warning for an Aiden Gillen accent; but anyone looking like some middle budget, adult thriller entertainment might do well here; comes from the director of Wind River, writer of Hell or High Water.

Was never her biggest fan, but it's still good to see Angelina Jolie back headlining something again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭p to the e

There's a thread on this already. Looks promising although that trailer doesn't leave out much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,723 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Sheridan has a really good track record so far, and it's always good to see Jon Bernthal in action.

Trailer is showing more than it needs to though.

Gonna avoid the trailer I think, as I'll watch it anyway. Sheridan's a great writer - though like Sorkin, I think he's a better writer than a director.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,423 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

That's a catchy title for a film.

This is very watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,273 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just finished it and I really enjoyed it and easy watch and just an hour and half.

They need to go back to making 90/100 minute movies.

Aidan Gillen this last decade just plays Aidan Gillen in everything he is in.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Didn't think I'd like it with Jolie in it but as it was Taylor Sheridan movie said I'd give it a go and really enjoyed it. Good performances all round, even the young fella played by Australian actor Finn Little was pretty good.
    A solid 7.5 out of 10

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

This was very much of the "they don't make them like this anymore" mould. Solid, adult entertainment with a headlining star and a decent premise or set of stakes. And with an efficient 90 minute runtime to boot. Not sure it was Sheridan's best work but a very solid piece of Hollywood we no longer get.

My only quibble is that if this was made in the 90s, I feel like they'd have done more with the premise in its set pieces. I was a little disappointed "bad guys start a forest blaze while hunting a witness" didn't involve more exciting scenes or standoffs. A distinct lack of hail Mary waterfall jumps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,340 ✭✭✭Homelander

Thought it was OK. A very generic movie largely saved by a great cast who put in a really good turn. There are no memorable scenes, dialogue or set pieces, it just clips along at a decent pace.

I'd say it's a 6/10 at best. Perfectly watchable but incredibly by-the-numbers. Watch for the cast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's mediocre. Script is undercooked and some of the casting and direction isn't right. There's no tension. A poorly adapted vehicle for Jolie whose character isn't as big or central as the trailer makes out.

Advertisement