Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Radio (temporary license)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Some of the presenters were involved with Radio Dublin during that era, e.g. Joe Doyle, Bernard Evans and main man Paul Wilson. I had noticed that change of management team and that Joe's profile was no longer up, but he is still down on the schedule. I also noticed a lot of automated music so far this weekend when I happened to be tuning in, a bit like its previous pirate and online incarnations. That said, I did happen to hear Brian Butterly last night and he said that a lot of listeners were sorry to hear it was closing this weekend.

Re the frequency, I think 105.2 is a much better frequency to be allocated for Dublin than last year's allocation of 88.1 FM. It could not be picked up in parts of south county Dubin last time and sometimes BBC Radio 2 could be picked up on 88.1. 105.2 has proven to be a good choice for former permanent licensed station Phantom/TXFM and recent temporary license runs for Christmas FM, 8Radio.com (operated by Simon Maher who originally founded Phantom as a pirate!) and Freedom FM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Bernard Evans, who is the last presenter for this run, has been inundated with requests and well wishes. I don't envy him!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Bernard Evans did a professional job when closing the station for the last time.

There was no mention of the issues in the background, the last tracks being:

Bryan Adams - Heaven ,

Bucks Fizz - Now those days are gone (very apt lyrics) , followed by continuous music starting with

Spyder Simpson -Bye ,Bye

Paul Wilson didn't appear on air which was a surprise, Freedoms arrival was mentioned.

Bernard Evans frequent references to break ups the previous week possibly an insight to troubles ahead.

Sad end to the station.

Advertisement