Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being asked for verification docs for civil service

Options
  • 07-04-2021 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Sitting civil servant for over a decade. Was successful on an open competition and have been asked to provide all my qualifications, proof of address, I.D etc.
    Has anyone come across this? Would have thought they wouldn't need that given I'm already in situ; not to mention that I'm staying in the same department (not that the latter has a bearing on the above- I would have thought the former did though?)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

I was asked for proof of my qualification, i like you had been in CS for nearly 10 years and the competition was an open competition for the same department but to be eligible for the promotion you had to have specific qualifications so i guess thats why i was asked. Could understand being asked forthat.
    I did not have to prove address or ID though, you would think that that would already be on record!

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

Sitting civil servant for over a decade. Was successful on an open competition and have been asked to provide all my qualifications, proof of address, I.D etc.
    Has anyone come across this? Would have thought they wouldn't need that given I'm already in situ; not to mention that I'm staying in the same department (not that the latter has a bearing on the above- I would have thought the former did though?)

Moved from AO to HEO this year, was asked for all docs suggested above

Advertisement