Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

7 seater EV

• 06-04-2021 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭ russelldlee

Hi all

I'm looking for a 7 seater EV or a 5 seater EV, that can take a Multimac 1320.

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations on any new cars on the horizon?

At the moment, I'm keen on a used Tesla S (ideally 7 seater version, which are very rare). But would settle for a 5 seater as it fits the Multimac 1320.

Any tips would be hugely appreciated

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭ graememk

Hi all

I'm looking for a 7 seater EV or a 5 seater EV, that can take a Multimac 1320.

Does anyone have any tips or recommendations on any new cars on the horizon?

At the moment, I'm keen on a used Tesla S (ideally 7 seater version, which are very rare). But would settle for a 5 seater as it fits the Multimac 1320.

Any tips would be hugely appreciated

Thanks!

As there is very few 7 seater EV's as you mentioned yourself, your with the Model S, X. I think Mercedes have announced one.

The likes of the new Hyundai ioniq 5 or the Kia EV6 that have been announced should be big enough.

If your willing to drop to the multimac 1260 that fits a lot more EVs, E Niro, ID4, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,922 ✭✭✭✭ ELM327

Model X
    ENV 200 Evalia.

That's it!

In regards to future/vaporware evs there are many like the EQV, the new model S, etc, along with phevs like the Volvo T8 XC90.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭ Lantus

Id6 will be a 60k plus 7 seater. A fair few years away yet...you might see an id4 or enyaq variant before but I doubt it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭ slave1

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 58,884 CMod ✭✭✭✭ unkel

Yeah he knows about that car, he was enquiring about it in the other thread a few days ago :D

"Wind is Ireland's oil" - An Taoiseach, 25/05/2022

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ BobbyBingo

Hi all

At the moment, I'm keen on a used Tesla S (ideally 7 seater version, which are very rare).

Thanks!

Mine is the seven seater - it's brilliant for kids up to 9/10. I think it was either late 2018 or early 2019 when they stopped offering it as an option but it is due to make a comeback in the refreshed S - looks like we will be waiting quite some time before we see them on this side of the pond though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 sebdavis

Whats the story with Tesla and getting clocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭ BobbyBingo

sebdavis wrote: »
    Whats the story with Tesla and getting clocked?

Come again ?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Moonbeam

The 6th and 7th boot seats in the Tesla S are tiny and not suitable for every day use. The Tesla x is nice as a 6 seater and considering it as an option myself except the cost is alot to consider. The Nissan ENV is the cheapest option but personally I do not like it.
    If a PHEV is an option then there are a few.

Advertisement