Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

County Council - signage permission

• 06-04-2021 8:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I recently started a small coffee business selling from a small converted container. Anyway, the council got in touch and said we have no permission for the signage.
    We had signs at three points.
    1) street lampost
    2) flag pole on the private land we trade on
    3) on the side of the container - plastic boards, attached to wood , then drilled to the container.

The first one i have no issue with and totally understand, that was foolish of us.
    The second one, its on private land, i am a little surprised.
    Number three also surprised.

Anyway, my question is what constitutes a sign does anyone know when it comes to the council. All they have said is that we have "unauthorised associated signage". Does anyone have any expertise on this ?

Would painting directly on to the container still be a sign if it had the name or logo ?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,197 ✭✭✭✭Penn

https://www.fingal.ie/sites/default/files/2019-11/pl7_planning-for-the-business-person.pdf

This details the types/sizes of signage is exempted from requiring planning permission. Anything outside of that requires planning.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

miller82 wrote: »
    I recently started a small coffee business selling from a small converted container. Anyway, the council got in touch and said we have no permission for the signage.
    We had signs at three points.
    1) street lampost
    2) flag pole on the private land we trade on
    3) on the side of the container - plastic boards, attached to wood , then drilled to the container.

The first one i have no issue with and totally understand, that was foolish of us.
    The second one, its on private land, i am a little surprised.
    Number three also surprised.

Anyway, my question is what constitutes a sign does anyone know when it comes to the council. All they have said is that we have "unauthorised associated signage". Does anyone have any expertise on this ?

Would painting directly on to the container still be a sign if it had the name or logo ?

thanks in advance

Do you have permission for the container itself or is it just the signage that’s the issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭rayjdav

If they are fingerpost signs then it is not planning but a licence that is required. €50/year. Forms usually from LA website

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Does anyone know , would an image of a coffee cup be treated the same as a company name / logo ??

Thanks in advance

Advertisement